Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 17
Posted: 7/12/2014 12:04:25 PM EDT
Confirmed = 50 Maybe = 3

Thanks to teufel_hunden, we can now receive donations for the food. I think $15 per member and $5 added for every guest should be sufficient. Anything left will go towards adult beverages.

For contributions to October Shoot please Gift Paypal to [email protected] Do not include any other information or text, nothing, leaving out any mention of shooting or icky guns. PayPal will have a fit if you do. Next send an IM or Email to teufel_hunden with your Screen Name and Paypal email/username so he can put you on the spreadsheet as contributed. Thanks,

UPDATE 9/9

This event is limited to 50 definites.  We'll let the maybes list get to 10.

This will be taking place at my range in Monroe County, about 15 minutes south of Forsyth, 10 minutes west of Macon.  You can PM me for directions if you need more specific info.

This will be a Friday evening (5pm unless you're coming to help with setup) through Sunday afternoon event.  

If you can only attend one day, you'll want to be there Saturday.  We will respect the local church and hold off shooting on Sunday until after 1pm.  

Come camp with us if you like, there is plenty of room and a fire pit should the weather cooperate.

cpl0313 will be bringing his smoker and mad bbq skills.  I will have my grill and fish cooker and accompanying propane tanks.  We will also need quite a few coolers on site;  some for beverages/food and some just for ice.  I have a 50qt we can dedicate to ice and a few smaller 20-30qts for beer/drinks.  I will do my best to have a chest freezer and a cleaned out refrigerator for storage of meats and anything that needs a constant temperature.  If you're camping folk then prepare for this like you're going to the woods for a weekend. We are planning to provide you with Saturday lunch and supper.  The other meals are up to you. The towns of Forsyth and Macon are 10-15 minutes away so having to make a store/dinner run won't be too bad.  

I have running water outside (well head) but there is no heat. We had talked about doing hot showers, but with very few people saying they will camp I'm not sure its worth the trouble.  I will allow the people camping to use the shower in my house.

We had talked about a keg;  I will leave that up to you all to decide the who, how, and when of that.  Drinking will be for after shooting hours of course.

All firearms are welcome including NFA items, and Rudy (Mad-Machinist) has volunteered to bring some of his AR45 rifles and Tannerite.  Any targets/target stands/steel that you folks want to bring are also welcome.  Right now the range is setup with a bench and a 50yd and 100yd backstop.  I'd say anything smaller than 50BMG is good to go. I'm pretty sure Rudy has enough Tannerite for us.

You are welcome to bring friends/family and children. This is not a closed event for ARF members only.

Let us know if you're in/maybe and we'll add you to the list. It will be first come, first served as far as camping spots.  If the space fills up, you may be asked by another member to bunk with you if you're ok with it.

IN:

Southerncross
MakeItFlyFast
Ytka
Naamah
Mad-Machinist
Bob_L
MidGaPatriot
BigHuffDaddy
teufel_hunden + 1
50ttop +1
Foreman2000
Johnnypantz +1
Bfutch
Sbarker
DHolidayWithAnAR +1
cpl0313
Stravis
2Tom2 + 1
RamblinWreck
PeteVenkmanPHD
evolution88 +1
FNGfromGA
DaveS
Votefromrooftops + 3
zachsmith526+2
400North +3
50ttop
Wfrye
YourCoWorker+3
GAhunter95
edman99 +1
Yatzee Squirrel +1
Grundlepus
ObamaHasMyVCR
Crkrdice + 1
RolandDeschain

MAYBE:

Whiskerz + 2
Keeper6
jbclark84

CAMPING LIST

1. makeitflyfast, BigHuffyDaddy both days
2. Bfutch + 1
3. zachsmith526 + 2
4. DHolidayWithAnAR + 1
5.400north +3 both days

Update 7/19 with more SWAP MEET

For everybody that is planning on attending, bring items you would like to sale or trade. Or just bring some extra cash in case somebody brings something you want!

This can be our first annual HTF firearm swap meet! So if you have no interest in spending the day shooting or eating BBQ and would rather just come by to see if you can sell those parts collecting dust in the back of the gun safe, come on by!

If you plan on bringing something for sale or trade, please put it in your post when you say you're in to come. Just no prices or mention specific items. Just say that you're bringing items to trade/sell ONLY That was VA-gunnut's one rule for all this.

Thank you all for the interest in our little get together.  I really enjoy our forum and am glad so many of you have decided to join us.  

Link Posted: 7/12/2014 12:15:59 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 7/12/2014 2:29:16 PM EDT
[#2]
I'm in for Saturday.  Since I will have just spent the entire previous weekend with the guys I won't have enough "wife credit" left for a second full weekend in a row.  I've got a buddy who'll probably come along too.  I'll bring my RR M16 conversion and RDIAS (installed in a DDLES Glock lower).  Others are more than welcome to shoot them, with my uppers or theirs.  My buddy'll bring his M16 RR conversion also, and probably his M11/Lage.

-bob
Link Posted: 7/12/2014 2:38:05 PM EDT
[#3]
I reckon I'll come hang out with you hooligans.
Link Posted: 7/12/2014 3:26:43 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

You better. You dont have a roof to clean with a toothbrush anymore.
Link Posted: 7/12/2014 3:28:41 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

True. I'm pretty much homeless at the moment.
Link Posted: 7/12/2014 3:29:03 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I'm in for Saturday.  Since I will have just spent the entire previous weekend with the guys I won't have enough "wife credit" left for a second full weekend in a row.  I've got a buddy who'll probably come along too.  I'll bring my RR M16 conversion and RDIAS (installed in a DDLES Glock lower).  Others are more than welcome to shoot them, with my uppers or theirs.  My buddy'll bring his M16 RR conversion also, and probably his M11/Lage.

-bob
View Quote

Bring your buddy, hes welcome to come.
Link Posted: 7/12/2014 3:41:18 PM EDT
[#7]
Count me in for the weekend.
Link Posted: 7/12/2014 4:11:27 PM EDT
[#8]
Count me as coming. I will have to play Sunday by how business events work out.

I will be at the work day if I have no work conflicts. Also my weekends are more busy then my weekdays, so if there is any work I can do solo or with a couple of people I am available for that also.

Have Chainsaw and weed eater with both metal blade and heavy line if needed.

Submitted shirt idea in other thread and checking with my contacts on pricing for a small order no matter which design gets final approval.
Link Posted: 7/12/2014 5:23:48 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

I will be at the work day if I have no work conflicts. Also my weekends are more busy then my weekdays, so if there is any work I can do solo or with a couple of people I am available for that also.

Submitted shirt idea in other thread and checking with my contacts on pricing for a small order no matter which design gets final approval.
View Quote

Awesome.  I like that design.

We'll get a thread up soon about work day(s) on the range.  We'll try to make it some sort of fun and not just work.  Chainsaws appreciated, not sure a weedeater will do much.  I'm probably going to get a Mini-X or a backhoe in for some serious dirt work.
Link Posted: 7/12/2014 5:39:43 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

We'll get a thread up soon about work day(s) on the range.  We'll try to make it some sort of fun and not just work.  Chainsaws appreciated, not sure a weedeater will do much.  I'm probably going to get a Mini-X or a backhoe in for some serious dirt work.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The metal blade on the Stihl is for saplings and big weeds in places a bush hog can't go like a steep bank (like a beam), ditch, between power pole supports, trails not wide enough for vehicles, etc. I would not be doing a field with it, which is why they call them trimmers
Link Posted: 7/12/2014 5:53:27 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

The metal blade on the Stihl is for saplings and big weeds in places a bush hog can't go like a steep bank (like a beam), ditch, between power pole supports, trails not wide enough for vehicles, etc. I would not be doing a field with it, which is why they call them trimmers
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I get it, I have one as well.  Most of the big work will be done with the heavy equipment and chainsaws.  After that its just gonna be a matter of getting trash into the burn pit and pushing the berms back into shape.  We've got some trees to clear and cut up mostly.
Link Posted: 7/12/2014 10:08:41 PM EDT
[#12]
I'm definitely in and in for any work days too. I'm about as artistic as lawn furniture, so I'll just vote on the the designs others come up with.
Link Posted: 7/12/2014 11:43:22 PM EDT
[#13]
I am a maybe
Link Posted: 7/13/2014 7:12:41 PM EDT
[#14]
I'll be there.  I can help on most any Sunday between now and then.
Link Posted: 7/13/2014 9:20:51 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I'll be there.  I can help on most any Sunday between now and then.
View Quote

Cool, we'll be glad to have you. We're gonna do a seperate thread for range work, and it will probably be in September when it isnt so damn hot.
Link Posted: 7/13/2014 9:50:08 PM EDT
[#16]
I am a maybe depending on custody dates yet unknown.
If free, I'm cooking and chipping in my fair share for modern necessities.
I'm likely to have a +1
Link Posted: 7/14/2014 12:15:22 AM EDT
[#17]
Don't forget about me Keeper6 is a maybe...
Link Posted: 7/14/2014 6:59:19 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Don't forget about me Keeper6 is a maybe...
View Quote

Was waiting on you to confirm.  Gotcha.
Link Posted: 7/14/2014 7:30:03 AM EDT
[#19]
looks like I'll be in, at least according to my currently clear calendar.  

as usual, I have the Stihl and the brodozer to help with any tree work.
Link Posted: 7/14/2014 3:15:08 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
looks like I'll be in, at least according to my currently clear calendar.  

as usual, I have the Stihl and the brodozer to help with any tree work.
View Quote

Awesome.  I'll probably need your help as usual.
Link Posted: 7/14/2014 4:26:04 PM EDT
[#21]
I'm in.  Spoke to sbarker, he's in as well.

Looking forward to it!

ETA: I'm also in as a petty laborer at the workday and food at the shindig. Do y'all usually make a bring list for food or is it bring what you want?
Link Posted: 7/14/2014 5:35:53 PM EDT
[#22]
Put me down for a maybe.  My October weekends traditionally fill up with hunting and hiking trips pretty quick but I would defiantly like to make at least one day for a couple hours.  I am in Jones Co. So I am not far down the road and I will keep an eye out for the work day thread as well.

Is there any chance of some longer range shooting as well?  I have a couple bolt guns and some steel targets that I would like to get out and strech the legs on.
Link Posted: 7/14/2014 5:54:23 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 7/14/2014 6:22:40 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

It's set for 100 yrds but I think we can probably stretch it out to 150-175 after the end of the day.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Originally Posted By Yatzee Squirrel:
Put me down for a maybe.  My October weekends traditionally fill up with hunting and hiking trips pretty quick but I would defiantly like to make at least one day for a couple hours.  I am in Jones Co. So I am not far down the road and I will keep an eye out for the work day thread as well.

Is there any chance of some longer range shooting as well? I have a couple bolt guns and some steel targets that I would like to get out and strech the legs on.

It's set for 100 yrds but I think we can probably stretch it out to 150-175 after the end of the day.

Can you run a chainsaw or a shovel?
Link Posted: 7/14/2014 6:33:04 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 7/14/2014 6:37:57 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

I can at least pick you up to reach the ones over 5 feet so you can though.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Is there any chance of some longer range shooting as well? I have a couple bolt guns and some steel targets that I would like to get out and strech the legs on.

I can at least pick you up to reach the ones over 5 feet so you can though.

You get hurt picking up a tissue...
Link Posted: 7/14/2014 6:53:11 PM EDT
[#27]
I may be able to come but it would only be for Saturday.. I can bring extra food and ammo to share.  I live up in Atlanta
Link Posted: 7/14/2014 7:13:42 PM EDT
[#28]
Whats the camping location like? Will hammocks work or do we need a tent? Looking forward to it!
Link Posted: 7/14/2014 8:02:19 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I have defiantly had more practice than i would like with a chainsaw and a shovel but if it would take a ton of work that is ok.  I was kinda hoping for the 300+ kinda shooting anyway as it is kinda hard to find ranges that far around here.
Link Posted: 7/14/2014 8:10:53 PM EDT
[#30]

I have defiantly had more practice than i would like with a chainsaw and a shovel but if it would take a ton of work that is ok.  I was kinda hoping for the 300+ kinda shooting anyway as it is kinda hard to find ranges that far around here.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Griswoldville gun club.  That's the place ou seek.
Link Posted: 7/14/2014 9:37:38 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I have not been able to find any good information on the place.  The few phone numbers I have run across online for them have not worked and I dont know where to look for any more contact info or how to join.  If you have any insite please let me know.  Feel free to PM me so we wont derail the thread anymore.
Link Posted: 7/14/2014 10:30:40 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Whats the camping location like? Will hammocks work or do we need a tent? Looking forward to it!
View Quote

There are some trees near the fire pit you'll be able to tie to if you want to use a hammock. We'll be parking on one side of the property and camping on the other. Some may want to camp out of their trucks and we'll work that in if we need to. Mostly it'll be flat and shaded where the tents will be.

@bfutch - we'll make a list when it gets closer to the event of what is needed. A lot of what we'll probably do food wise will be bbq, hamburgers, dogs etc. and sides to go with that kind of stuff. I'm sure my wife and Naamah will probably have some input on the sweets/desserts but basically we'll accept whatever anyone wants to bring.
Link Posted: 7/14/2014 10:41:15 PM EDT
[#33]
Griswoldville is a dump now compared to what it was 5 or 6 years ago but they do have a 500yd range. They don't take care of the property and there are a ton of destructive assholes that shoot holes in the roofs of covered areas and things like that. If they're not answering phones or emails I don't know what to tell you. Mark used to run it pretty well but its gone to hell since I quit going.
Link Posted: 7/14/2014 10:44:12 PM EDT
[#34]
I'm in. I'll bring the smoker.
Link Posted: 7/14/2014 11:00:35 PM EDT
[#35]

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

How about 800 Yards at Gun Site Hills and for really long shooting the only place I know of is

Legion OTG
Link Posted: 7/14/2014 11:06:14 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 7/14/2014 11:09:46 PM EDT
[#37]
I am going to do my best to make this.  We close on the house Sept 5th, move in the 6th-??  I go back to work after my transfer and vacation is complete on Sept 15th.  This will be just what I will need by then!

Plus as you can see from my avatar, I can put up a tent like nobody's business!  The full story on that for your enjoyment, can be read HERE

I'll be coming from Oconee County.

Link Posted: 7/14/2014 11:12:57 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Now it's a party!

You let us locals know what all you need CPL and we'll get it for you.

Just leave that special sauce up in the north part of the state.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Now it's a party!

Deal, bring the hick hop and I'll make the BBQ

Link Posted: 7/14/2014 11:25:17 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
I am going to do my best to make this.  We close on the house Sept 5th, move in the 6th-??  I go back to work after my transfer and vacation is complete on Sept 15th.  This will be just what I will need by then!

Plus as you can see from my avatar, I can put up a tent like nobody's business!  The full story on that for your enjoyment, can be read HERE

View Quote

You are fully aware that the 3 month rule will apply? As far as DNR is concerned you are not a resident until you are here 3 months when it comes to hunting and fishing IE they want to make sure you are a Damn Yankee (that is one of y'all that comes down here, likes it, and forgets to go back home to the North)!

As our gracious host has said, "The more the merrier"!
Link Posted: 7/15/2014 7:07:53 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View Quote

I'll put you down as a maybe.  Welcome to the south.
Link Posted: 7/15/2014 12:52:10 PM EDT
[#41]
southerncross, Glad you were able to stop by the shop yesterday......I'll try and have some test targets ready for you to play with this weekend......might ride out and shoot'em with you....
Link Posted: 7/15/2014 2:27:09 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Now it's a party!

No NOW it's a part!
Link Posted: 7/15/2014 6:58:09 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
southerncross, Glad you were able to stop by the shop yesterday......I'll try and have some test targets ready for you to play with this weekend......might ride out and shoot'em with you....
View Quote

Sounds good. The pleasure was mine.
Link Posted: 7/15/2014 9:49:09 PM EDT
[#44]
Possibility for me, I will know when it gets a little closer.
Link Posted: 7/16/2014 10:44:27 AM EDT
[#45]
I'd like to meet some of y'all. I'm relatively close here in Houston county. I'll be there Saturday and can likely help with the set up/pre-meet work day if needed.
Link Posted: 7/16/2014 12:15:01 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
I'd like to meet some of y'all. I'm relatively close here in Houston county. I'll be there Saturday and can likely help with the set up/pre-meet work day if needed.
View Quote

Cool, we'll be glad to have you.

The whole purpose of doing the HTF shoot is to get as many of us together as possible. There's a few of us Middle Ga guys that already know each other well.
Link Posted: 7/16/2014 12:40:35 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

View Quote
Just be sure to let us know which ones of us you'd like to meet. The rest of us will stay away.

Link Posted: 7/16/2014 3:51:57 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Just be sure to let us know which ones of us you'd like to meet. The rest of us will stay away.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

And don't bring any clear liquor made from corn for MakeItFlyFast. It causes him to be extremely photogenic.
Link Posted: 7/16/2014 4:04:27 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

And don't bring any clear liquor made from corn for MakeItFlyFast. It causes him to be extremely ghey.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

And don't bring any clear liquor made from corn for MakeItFlyFast. It causes him to be extremely ghey.

FIFY
Link Posted: 7/16/2014 4:29:18 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:
And don't bring any clear liquor made from corn for MakeItFlyFast. It causes him to be extremely photogenic.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

How bout I bring some that's been aging in a white oak cask for about a year? I wonder what he'll do then.

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 17
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top