User Panel

Page / 17
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 3:17:15 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 9:02:46 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I think we might have us a double barrel propane powered laser sighted sub-moa potato launcher in tow. Just for giggles. Well..... unless you get hit. Then you will not giggle.

Can anyone nail a pig for us? Got a few tasty options.

Going to start needing some commitments on cooking stoves, grills, and smokers. 25+ peeps at breakfast, lunch and dinner is going to need some planning. If you have skills to help cook or desire to run the kitchen e-mail me your name and number so we can coordinate. I have seen a few gatherings fall flat in the food and drink category in the past so it's time to ramp up the effort.
View Quote

I'm going to be doing my best to get a few pigs by then. My new PVS14 and .300BLK pistol are screaming for carnage.
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 12:11:47 PM EDT
[#3]
I will have my fish cooker and my propane grill there with propane for each. I'll buy a few trash cans as well. The county dump is only about 5 minutes up the road and open saturdays so trash shouldnt be a big problem.  I plan to have a chest freezer on site specifically for the event and a few coolers.

Thanks for stepping up 400North.
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 5:52:20 PM EDT
[#4]
There is a website where we can drop a doc that is modifiable real time by authorized users. I forgot the name. Anyone able to open a doc on such a site for the planning of this? It'll make life a lot easier.
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 12:47:48 AM EDT
[#5]
Put me down for 2 coolers and 1 propane stove and a coffee pot… Cause life ain’t worth livin without coffee.

Down for all 3 days with a +1.

I’ll take kitchen duty unless we get real volunteers and if so I’ll switch to building the showers. Might do both anyway.
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 4:30:46 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 6:52:20 AM EDT
[#7]
I'm in for one collapsible table as well.  Could possibly come up with two.
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 7:45:24 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 9:18:49 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

What do you think about one of those free standing beach canopies? Something to have over the tables were the food is.

Keep the keg(s) under it as well.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

What do you think about one of those free standing beach canopies? Something to have over the tables were the food is.

I have two and some tables that I will be bringing.

Link Posted: 7/23/2014 12:38:25 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Awesome. Are you going to be there all three days or just saturday?  We'll give you a prime spot next to the running water and power.   With any luck I'll have a crude outdoor kitchen prep area finished by then.
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 12:39:58 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Depending on what the weather is doing the week of I may erect a 20'x20' tarp tent for us to congregate under if rain is likely for any of the days. Praying it'll be sunny and mild though.
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 12:39:58 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Awesome. Are you going to be there all three days or just saturday?  We'll give you a prime spot next to the running water and power.   With any luck I'll have a crude outdoor kitchen prep area finished by then.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Planning all three. I will be there in a F-450 toy hauler.

Link Posted: 7/23/2014 12:41:28 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sweet. Just let us know what you need made available to you and how much you think we'll need to get you $$$ wise to feed that many folks for the event.
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 1:16:26 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 1:41:46 PM EDT
[#15]
Unless the zummbies come or something crazy I'll be there +1. I have a 15 gallon keg available for swap and use if the kegs are approved and that'll save about $100+ or whatever they charge for deposits on keg/pump these days. I can also bring aluminum pans, a roll of foil nobody could ever use in a weekend, and plastic wrap for food coverage and what ever else. Will there be power or would generators be a good move?
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 2:51:00 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 6:37:19 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Did you see my post about getting someone to act as secretary/ treasure and them getting a separate PayPal account?

That way everyone who is coming can send money about 2-3 weeks before the get together and all the supplies and food can be bought.

I think there's a way to make a note on every payment people make as well with how much and for what.

Been a long time since I've used it though.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
]

Sweet. Just let us know what you need made available to you and how much you think we'll need to get you $$$ wise to feed that many folks for the event.

Did you see my post about getting someone to act as secretary/ treasure and them getting a separate PayPal account?

That way everyone who is coming can send money about 2-3 weeks before the get together and all the supplies and food can be bought.

I think there's a way to make a note on every payment people make as well with how much and for what.

Been a long time since I've used it though.

Ok well I guess we need a treasurer.  I'll let you handle who does that and how it all plays out.  I'll worry about getting the venue ready.
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 7:46:05 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 8:31:22 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

I added your guest bud.

Can't wait to put some rounds through that 9mm sbr you've got.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'll be there.  I can help on most any Sunday between now and then.

I added your guest bud.

Can't wait to put some rounds through that 9mm sbr you've got.

Me too!!  IT's gonna be a pistol with sig brace at that particular point in time though
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 10:34:55 AM EDT
[#20]
I have a Company PayPal account that basically only gets used for people that don't have credit cards so it is not used very often so it would be very easy to track the money/donations and since there would probably be only donations from GAHTFers on their, I have no problem bringing a print out of the account for accounting purposes. Folks could donate as Gift and that way no fees would come out and part of my donation would be to cover any fees that would come up so the full amount goes to the event.

Just offering if that is the route that is decided on. A simple Excel spreadsheet would show what was paid out and for what IE a running total of where we are at for any time somebody would like to know. As in everything is paid for and there is enough money left over for another keg if we had $23 more dollars, as an example.
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 11:17:12 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 1:20:47 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Let's just wait and get southerncross's opinion on it first before anything gets done.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I have a Company PayPal account that basically only gets used for people that don't have credit cards so it is not used very often so it would be very easy to track the money/donations and since there would probably be only donations from GAHTFers on their, I have no problem bringing a print out of the account for accounting purposes. Folks could donate as Gift and that way no fees would come out and part of my donation would be to cover any fees that would come up so the full amount goes to the event.

Just offering if that is the route that is decided on. A simple Excel spreadsheet would show what was paid out and for what IE a running total of where we are at for any time somebody would like to know. As in everything is paid for and there is enough money left over for another keg if we had $23 more dollars, as an example.

Let's just wait and get southerncross's opinion on it first before anything gets done.

I'm good with however y'all want to do it. You guys handle it. I'm working 10 hours a day 7 days a week right now and don't have as much time to devote to this as I'd like. Colby, I hereby place you in charge of all monetary transactions, no lulz implied or intended.
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 1:34:49 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 7/25/2014 9:36:29 PM EDT
[#24]

If anyone has extra 40 S&W ammo.....I'll be bringing another addition to the collection to play with for anyone who wants to test fire it. It is a blowback 40 fed from Glock magazines......just finished it up this evening. Hope to have it in production in a couple of months..... and the recoil surprisingly is less than my 9mm.
I will be bringing 500 rounds of 45 for ya'll to try out the DI AR45's....planning on bringing one on a CNC lower....a GWACS Cav lower and a standard lower with the USC magwell adaptor.
Link Posted: 7/25/2014 9:57:12 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
<a href="http://s368.photobucket.com/user/MadMachinist/media/40glockAR1_zps670fd11f.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i368.photobucket.com/albums/oo121/MadMachinist/40glockAR1_zps670fd11f.jpg</a>

If anyone has extra 40 S&W ammo.....I'll be bringing another addition to the collection to play with for anyone who wants to test fire it. It is a blowback 40 fed from Glock magazines......just finished it up this evening. Hope to have it in proiduction in a couple of months..... and the recoil surprising ly is less than my 9mm.
I will be bringing 500 rounds of 45 for ya'll to try out the DI AR45's....planning on bringing one on a CNC lower....a GWACS Cav lower and a standard lower with the USC magwell adaptor.
View Quote

I don't care who you are, "That's Purrdee!"
Link Posted: 7/25/2014 10:25:23 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
<a href="http://s368.photobucket.com/user/MadMachinist/media/40glockAR1_zps670fd11f.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i368.photobucket.com/albums/oo121/MadMachinist/40glockAR1_zps670fd11f.jpg</a>

If anyone has extra 40 S&W ammo.....I'll be bringing another addition to the collection to play with for anyone who wants to test fire it. It is a blowback 40 fed from Glock magazines......just finished it up this evening. Hope to have it in proiduction in a couple of months..... and the recoil surprising ly is less than my 9mm.
View Quote

Being that I have several .40S&W and several .45 acp and I reload for both this is of interest

Link Posted: 7/25/2014 10:51:49 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 7/25/2014 11:58:09 PM EDT
[#28]
Been talking to the boss of the new company that will be producing the former DDLES lowers.....will have a large frame Glock mag lower in the shop next week....might even have a 45 and a 10mm upper tuned for it by the shoot.....
Link Posted: 7/26/2014 8:22:15 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Been talking to the boss of the new company that will be producing the former DDLES lowers.....will have a large frame Glock mag lower in the shop next week....might even have a 45 and a 10mm upper tuned for it by the shoot.....
View Quote

I'm going to start signing my paychecks over to you.
Link Posted: 7/26/2014 9:47:38 AM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 7/26/2014 11:24:19 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

That 45 is sweet ain't it?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm going to start signing my paychecks over to you.

That 45 is sweet ain't it?

That, and the 7.62x25 upper, and a 9mm upper, and a 40S&W upper, and having my VZ58 cut and threaded. . .
Link Posted: 7/28/2014 7:01:58 AM EDT
[#32]
i'm in for sure plus 3 more, looking forward to the shoot and seeing everyone again
Link Posted: 7/28/2014 7:09:58 AM EDT
[#33]
Awesome.  Glad to hear it.
Link Posted: 7/28/2014 8:49:38 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
View Quote

let me know what i can bring food or drink wise, i can even kick in some cash for food/drinks if needed. thanks for doing this
Link Posted: 7/28/2014 9:48:34 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

let me know what i can bring food or drink wise, i can even kick in some cash for food/drinks if needed. thanks for doing this
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Will do. We'll have something setup for donations soon.
Link Posted: 7/31/2014 8:57:22 PM EDT
[#36]
Ok I'm in +2

Fuck yeah  
Link Posted: 8/1/2014 12:11:49 AM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 8/1/2014 1:10:16 PM EDT
[#38]
Change me to confirmed with a +1 and all 3 days.
Link Posted: 8/1/2014 1:33:23 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
View Quote

when you get a 10mm upper running, I need a phone call.  I'll get rid of my 1911's and g19 in a heartbeat and go g20, g29, delta, and 10mm ar
Link Posted: 8/1/2014 9:45:01 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Change me to confirmed with a +1 and all 3 days.
View Quote

Done
Link Posted: 8/3/2014 4:40:15 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

when you get a 10mm upper running, I need a phone call.  I'll get rid of my 1911's and g19 in a heartbeat and go g20, g29, delta, and 10mm ar
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I have a 10 running....just have to get time to clearance everything for the glock lower..............will try and get it done this weekend.
Link Posted: 8/3/2014 11:30:24 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 8/4/2014 8:43:19 AM EDT
[#43]
I will be for sure there on Saturday, probably not camping, maybe on Sunday
Link Posted: 8/7/2014 1:14:38 AM EDT
[#44]
Makeitflyfast - Did you get my PM?
Link Posted: 8/7/2014 9:10:16 AM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 8/7/2014 3:39:51 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Yes. Send it southerncross as well please so he's on the same page and we can discuss it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Makeitflyfast - Did you get my PM?

Yes. Send it southerncross as well please so he's on the same page and we can discuss it.

¿Que?
Link Posted: 8/8/2014 5:27:44 PM EDT
[#47]
Ok guys, working out the details on a way to get contributions in for food, port a johns, and other needs for the shoot. We'll amend the OP shortly.
Link Posted: 8/9/2014 9:03:00 PM EDT
[#48]
Add me a plus one.  I think my friend that came to the last shoot we had down here is going to come down.  He doesn't get much rifle trigger time
Link Posted: 8/9/2014 9:42:55 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Add me a plus one.  I think my friend that came to the last shoot we had down here is going to come down.  He doesn't get much rifle trigger time
View Quote

Always welcome.  No problem.
Link Posted: 8/14/2014 9:05:17 AM EDT
[#50]
I may be a + 2 can I bring a congressman ?  I met the wife of a local congressman yesterday . we had a discussion about disconnect with the locals and the party
Page / 17
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top