Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/4/2014 7:59:27 PM EDT
The range is closed to shoots until the work gets done.  Same for the deer hunting.  

Some of you have asked when you can come out and help out with some manual labor.  Here's your chance!  Sunday from noon until Monday afternoon.  

Unfortunately, this is how my schedule goes for the summer.  Sometimes I get a day or 2 of notice, sometimes an hour or two.  I'll take farm time anyway I can get it.

Anyhow, if you're interested in blisters, chiggers, heat exhaustion, and getting dirty, let me know!   Oh yeah... blueberries are in full swing, so at least you can pick some food after you get some water out of the hose.  
Link Posted: 7/5/2014 11:08:14 AM EDT
[#1]
Can't help this weekend (camping with the family), but I'm going to IM you my summer schedule (planned vacations and whatnot).  At the very least I figure I owe you some more manual labor this summer.

-bob
Link Posted: 7/5/2014 12:04:14 PM EDT
[#2]
I'm free tomorrow, where's the property and what do you need help with?
Link Posted: 7/5/2014 1:32:48 PM EDT
[#3]
Right now only Saturdays work for me - keep me in mind if you can use help on your next open Saturday.
Schedule might change in a few weeks.
Link Posted: 7/5/2014 1:59:50 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

Property is by Union Point / Crawfordville.

Shooting range needs some serious weed wacking, line clearing, mowing, trash picking up, and prepping for stage 2 backstop construction.

Deer hunting.... a couple stands have played hide and seek (meaning they are so overgrown you can't see them anymore), fields need mowed, lanes need trimmed, couple stands need to come down...

General farm work...  carb work on a quad, pressure washing, gutters cleaned, trash run, lawn mowed, weed wacking, gravel drive maintenance, roads and fields need bushogging, garden and orchard need trimming, need a stand built for outdoor sink area - (started), hose repair, couple oak trees down that need to be cut and hauled, logs cut, firewood split, new canopy on the firewood shed, fuel run....

Anyone have a source for old 18 wheeler tires?  (car/truck tires are not heavy duty enough).  I probably need 50 or so for the next project.  I know there is a shop in Madison by the tractor supply co, but I haven't stopped there yet.  I only know where they are, not the name so I haven't talked to them at all.  Also need 4-6 utility poles.  I can buy them in Union Point, but thought I'd ask if anyone knows of a better source.  I have a 16' trailer, so I can haul things if needed.  I found tires.  We are going to enlarge the 100yard backstop higher and wider.  So a couple ton of sand and tires for the next range work day.
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 4:24:02 PM EDT
[#5]
I am looking at Friday and Saturday for the next trip. (Weather doesn't look good though)
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 6:40:17 PM EDT
[#6]
How far out of union point?
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 6:51:12 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
How far out of union point?
View Quote

8 miles +/-  

Im not sure I have ever clocked it.
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 7:10:02 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Shooting range needs some serious weed wacking, line clearing, mowing, trash picking up, and prepping for stage 2 backstop construction.

Deer hunting.... a couple stands have played hide and seek (meaning they are so overgrown you can't see them anymore), fields need mowed, lanes need trimmed, couple stands need to come down...

General farm work...  carb work on a quad, pressure washing, gutters cleaned, trash run, lawn mowed, weed wacking, gravel drive maintenance, roads and fields need bushogging, garden and orchard need trimming, need a stand built for outdoor sink area, hose repair, couple oak trees down that need to be cut and hauled, logs cut, firewood split, new canopy on the firewood shed, fuel run....

Anyone have a source for old 18 wheeler tires?  (car/truck tires are not heavy duty enough).  I probably need 50 or so for the next project.  I know there is a shop in Madison by the tractor supply co, but I haven't stopped there yet.  I only know where they are, not the name so I haven't talked to them at all.  Also need 4-6 utility poles.  I can buy them in Union Point, but thought I'd ask if anyone knows of a better source.  I have a 16' trailer, so I can haul things if needed.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

General farm work...  carb work on a quad, pressure washing, gutters cleaned, trash run, lawn mowed, weed wacking, gravel drive maintenance, roads and fields need bushogging, garden and orchard need trimming, need a stand built for outdoor sink area, hose repair, couple oak trees down that need to be cut and hauled, logs cut, firewood split, new canopy on the firewood shed, fuel run....

Anyone have a source for old 18 wheeler tires?  (car/truck tires are not heavy duty enough).  I probably need 50 or so for the next project.  I know there is a shop in Madison by the tractor supply co, but I haven't stopped there yet.  I only know where they are, not the name so I haven't talked to them at all.  Also need 4-6 utility poles.  I can buy them in Union Point, but thought I'd ask if anyone knows of a better source.  I have a 16' trailer, so I can haul things if needed.

What kind of shape for tires?
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 7:28:53 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I can get you all the tires you want. But you'll have to come get them in fairburn.

Do let me know so I can arrainge it.
Link Posted: 7/31/2014 3:10:16 PM EDT
[#10]
I think I am good on tires now.  

Thanks!
Link Posted: 8/1/2014 1:23:17 PM EDT
[#11]
Says 50% change of rain today and tomorrow.  I can help all day tomorrow (SAT).

I'll PM you my # again and you can tell me if you want me there depending on conditions and remind me of the address for my gps.
Link Posted: 8/5/2014 4:39:15 PM EDT
[#12]
KavonTN and Tok762 made it out the first weekend.  A lot of work was accomplished even though we found many wasps and yellow jackets!

400North made it out this last weekend.  The place is looking much better!  Several of the 'to-do' list items are taken care of.  Oh yeah... we found more wasps, and the yellow jackets are half taken care of.  

Thank you all very much!!

Just a reminder that you need to maintain situational awareness.  This was from my neighbors who were also having a work day - about 3/4 of a mile away.  That snake had a squirrel for lunch!

Link Posted: 8/5/2014 7:35:56 PM EDT
[#13]
Mmmmm. Squirrel stuffed rattlesnake. Throw it on the smoker, CPL!
Link Posted: 8/5/2014 9:40:56 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Mmmmm. Squirrel stuffed rattlesnake. Throw it on the smoker, CPL!
View Quote

Sounds..... expensive and delicate.
Link Posted: 8/19/2014 11:16:32 PM EDT
[#15]
I had another last minute work day Monday - Tuesday.

Mowed everything (again)  Moved 16 more buckets of dirt to the shooting line, picked up 4700# of granite dust for backstop rebuild / expansion, got the sink placed on the posts that 400North and I set the last work weekend, and put 3000# of rock down in front of the sink.  Food plots got plowed.  

I am thinking the 30th for the next workday.  
Link Posted: 8/20/2014 6:40:09 AM EDT
[#16]
are there any materials you need or donations for materials
Link Posted: 8/20/2014 9:59:46 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 8/20/2014 11:26:44 AM EDT
[#18]
If I remember right it's about 50 acres.
Link Posted: 8/20/2014 10:31:14 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
are there any materials you need or donations for materials
View Quote

I still have to get truck tires, a bunch of sawzall blades (18 tpi seems to work well on tires), and maybe another load of sand (4700# for $50)

I could use a tripod deer stand if someone has one they aren't using.

Otherwise... it's just manual labor.  
Link Posted: 8/20/2014 10:35:03 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
This place sounds like it's going to be a nice place when it gets finished. How big of a piece of property is it and what county is it in?

Eta

Reading is for. ..

View All Quotes
Quoted:
This place sounds like it's going to be a nice place when it gets finished. How big of a piece of property is it and what county is it in?

Eta

Reading is for. ..

Property is by Union Point / Crawfordville

Finished?  this is a re-build.   I've been hosting HTF shoots since 2008.    

KavonTN is pretty close.  

It is in Taliaferro county.

Link Posted: 8/21/2014 4:37:30 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 8/21/2014 8:29:51 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Yeah I've never made it to any you had previously. I used to be married to an evil woman.  I wish I could have made it, that part of the state is nice.

When do you intend on trying to have another one? I would guess sometime after deer season?
View Quote

I have held shoots during deer season.  It's fun to read the posts over on GON after one of those! "Sounded like a damn war!" was one of my favorites  September and December are fine for a shoot.  I just let the neighboring clubs know that we'll be stirring up the deer that day.  

December / January has a decent chance of happening.  Hopefully you can make the next one!

I am go for the 30th for the next work day.
Link Posted: 9/8/2014 2:44:39 PM EDT
[#23]
Saturday the 13th is the next opportunity.
Link Posted: 9/8/2014 2:52:09 PM EDT
[#24]
Want some fig trees?
Link Posted: 9/8/2014 10:21:21 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Want some fig trees?
View Quote

Say what? I do. Neighbor.
Link Posted: 9/8/2014 10:32:17 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Want some fig trees?
View Quote

I would take a couple.  I can find room for 2-3 for sure.
Link Posted: 9/24/2014 9:36:48 PM EDT
[#27]
Tuesday and Wednesday of next week  (Sept 30 and Oct 1st)

Looks like rain... again.  
Link Posted: 9/24/2014 10:05:32 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Tuesday afternoon and Wednesday of next week  (Sept 30 and Oct 1st)

Looks like rain... again.  
View Quote

Let me check my schedule. I need to take some mental health days soon.
Link Posted: 9/25/2014 7:52:17 PM EDT
[#29]
OK... may be able to do this Sat - Sun if people can come out... Otherwise, the weather is looking better for next Tuesday - Wednesday.  

Link Posted: 10/1/2014 8:19:14 AM EDT
[#30]
Glad to meet up with you Mike and contribute to the cause. Please let me know when you plan to be out at your place again. It was good to see you again...
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 10:07:23 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Glad to meet up with you Mike and contribute to the cause. Please let me know when you plan to be out at your place again. It was good to see you again...
View Quote

Good seeing you again as well. Im glad you aren't afraid to get your hands a little dirty.

Another oak tree brought back to camp, fields mowed - plowed - planted, expanded prone position finished and seeded, tires collected for 100 yrd backstop rebuild, and some general farm work done.  

I found another nest of yellow jackets. Anyone want to adopt them?

Oh yeah.... New bcg works fine in the Colt and the LAR-47 works fine as well.

Link Posted: 10/1/2014 10:55:40 PM EDT
[#32]
By the way, votefromrooftops was pleased to hear that you enjoyed Big Daddy's ribs! I'm sure between the two of us, we will be glad to buy you dinner the next time you are in Augusta!
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 11:02:59 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
By the way, votefromrooftops was pleased to hear that you enjoyed Big Daddy's ribs! I'm sure between the two of us, we will be glad to buy you dinner the next time you are in Augusta!
View Quote

Thanks.   Sounds like a good idea for the next trip!

It was a late lunch for me... so only a half rack, but there were awesome!  I did about 4 hours worth of work after getting back from there.  A full rack and a couple of beers, and I would have been getting a room at the hotel next door!

Thanks again!  

Link Posted: 10/1/2014 11:04:21 PM EDT
[#34]
After we get this HTF meet out of the way I'd be glad to come help out. I'm not gonna know what to do with myself after it's over; we've been working 5 or 6 hours a day after work on the range cutting down trees, clearing brush, stacking firewood, etc.
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 7:18:20 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

It was a late lunch for me... so only a half rack, but there were awesome!  I did about 4 hours worth of work after getting back from there.  A full rack and a couple of beers, and I would have been getting a room at the hotel next door!

Thanks again!  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks again!  

glad you liked big dads, i found that place when it first opened because the BBQ here in Augusta is not so good. i turned Joe on to it and many others. anytime your here let us know, i'd be happy for beers and Q
Link Posted: 10/7/2014 9:55:50 AM EDT
[#36]
October 24th evening and 25th are the next possible days for me.  

18th weekend is still up in the air, but right now doesn't look good.

ETA...  I still want a junk car or 2.  

Link Posted: 10/7/2014 10:38:12 AM EDT
[#37]
I will try to make one of the clean ups, I'll just check back since I already promised to go to a ghost tour on the 24th and some other stuff the 25th.
Link Posted: 10/7/2014 12:07:51 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View Quote

I'll see what I can come up with. I usually have a few at my disposal.
Link Posted: 10/10/2014 4:01:59 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View Quote

I can be there on Saturday the 25th!

-bob
Link Posted: 10/12/2014 9:39:07 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

-bob
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

-bob

I've got a hearly fishing tournament that weekend I can't get out of.
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 10:41:06 AM EDT
[#41]
I will be going out either late on the 24th or very early on the 25th.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top