Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/14/2014 5:02:16 PM EDT
Nephew is graduation HS in a few weeks. I've never been asked to write a senior letter. I've googled it to try and come up with some good ideas. I don't really know the kid that well.

Congrats for making it thru HS. I know it sucks that your Mom teaches in the same school. I had to suffer thru that for a year, but you should get a medal for persevering for 4. Don't chase too much tail or drink too much your Freshman year
View Quote

Not really that crude, but any constructive advice would be appreciated.
Link Posted: 4/14/2014 7:12:39 PM EDT
[#1]
Honestly that isn't too bad of a letter, as long as your sister/in-law doesn't get to read it as well .  I don't know if I could write one out much better without knowing the kid very well so I would give at least an A for effort
Link Posted: 4/14/2014 9:53:27 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Honestly that isn't too bad of a letter, as long as your sister/in-law doesn't get to read it as well .  I don't know if I could write one out much better without knowing the kid very well so I would give at least an A for effort
View Quote

Thanks. I still have another day.
Link Posted: 4/15/2014 12:12:12 AM EDT
[#3]
Would congrats, dont fuck up work?

Honestly when I graduated and I got cards, unless they were from people who I was really close too, I just read them to be polite. I only cared about the ones that had cash so I could party that night.
Link Posted: 4/15/2014 4:55:51 AM EDT
[#4]
The best senior letters are written in the memo portion of checks.

Link Posted: 4/15/2014 6:07:36 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The best senior letters are written in the memo portion of checks.

View Quote

now that's some good advice right there. Short + simple + $$$ = win
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top