Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 10
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 5/24/2013 11:29:26 AM EDT
[#1]

Mine has some blemishes as well, but I'm not too concerned. This is going to be turned into a patrol rifle so it's gonna get beat up anyway. For those of you going to VPS, the staff is very friendly and they have a fair amount of parts in stock, including LPK's.

To Dawggs and the rest of you that helped coordinate, much obliged.
Link Posted: 5/24/2013 1:07:14 PM EDT
[#2]
Grabbed mine, too, from Cherokee.

Same here.  One perfect, one rough.  I'll be using the rough one on a .22 build that will be primarily used by kids, who are rough on equipment from the start, so we are all good.

Thanks much,  ddawgs, excel checkers and the FFL's for this.    I know a huge amount of work went into getting these from forum posts to receivers in hand.

I'll be building this weekend :)

Link Posted: 5/24/2013 2:26:32 PM EDT
[#3]
You know some jackleg is going to be all "Hurr Durr, I am done here's a pic"

Link Posted: 5/24/2013 2:26:51 PM EDT
[#4]
Hurr Durr  :)  

So, why no trigger guard yet?  The anodizing is seriously thick.  You'll see what I mean when you put the trigger in.  I'm going to poke at the holes for the trigger guard pin with a drill bit, by hand, and get it a bit less frightening.

All in all, seems to be in spec.

Link Posted: 5/24/2013 4:15:28 PM EDT
[#5]
I'm about to be that jack leg! While I'm not mad, I will say the finish is really bad on mine. It looks like carbon build up (lack of a better description) that runs the entire length of the mag well. It's partially my fault because I didn't inspect before leaving. I will be posting a picture though.
Link Posted: 5/24/2013 5:49:44 PM EDT
[#6]
I made the 150 mile round trip to Cherokee Pawn in Saturday. As luck would have it, I ran into an old buddy of mine John who works for AAC when I got there. John and Kevin from CP helped me make a decision on which suppressor to buy. I saw a couple of other guys DROSing paperwork but I did not see anyone pick up a upper. Where those delivered?

Anyways, I looked over my lower and did not see a single blemish. I picked up a LPK from CP for $80 and tested the fit on the lower and it fits per spec. I plan to submit paper for this receiver for my first SBR.

Anyways thanks to Dawg for his effort to put this together for us and to all the guys who pitched in to help. With yours and Dawgs efforts this would have never happened.

Mac.
Link Posted: 5/24/2013 5:51:25 PM EDT
[#7]
Whoops I had an A.D.
Link Posted: 5/24/2013 6:02:59 PM EDT
[#8]
I'm sure glad they had all the extra time to get the finish right
Link Posted: 5/24/2013 6:29:13 PM EDT
[#9]
Got my set today. well worth the 96 mile round trip drive. Thanks dawgs and all who helped including the FFL. Cherokee's ppl are friendly and professional. a pleasure doing business. (They also have  cases of 5.56 @ 1K rounds for $500.00)
Link Posted: 5/25/2013 6:13:36 PM EDT
[#10]
Got my lower put together today.  Went together fine and the finish looks fine.  Upper not done yet all I have for it is a Core 15 upper and WOA 16" SS Match grade barrel.

Link Posted: 5/26/2013 5:40:52 PM EDT
[#11]
I wasn't one of the group to get a lower, but I did go in with big_tex78 - very impressed with Cherokee, they will definitely be getting my business in the future (and the lowers looked good - looking forward to shooting the finished product).
Link Posted: 5/27/2013 4:06:35 AM EDT
[#12]
I picked up the 4 lowers on Saturday. Even got four sequetial serial numbers. I spotted a FDE GLock 23 in the case. It was calling my name. And for the very fair price of $499 it found a new home,
Thanks
Cherokee Pawn I'll be back
Scott
www.centerfiretraining.com
Link Posted: 5/27/2013 12:04:15 PM EDT
[#13]
My two lowers look good. I will say everyone be careful installling your trigger guards. The rear holes are not as centered as they are on some other lowers. The hole is closer top edge than lower edge. Might be easier to break a ear off. Use support and some lubricant on rear pin.
Link Posted: 5/27/2013 12:09:30 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
My two lowers look good. I will say everyone be careful installling your trigger guards. The rear holes are not as centered as they are on some other lowers. The hole is closer top edge than lower edge. Might be easier to break a ear off. Use support and some lubricant on rear pin.

thats what im afraid of. Ive never installed one before. Ive been watching numerous youtube videos for tips and tricks
Link Posted: 5/27/2013 12:49:53 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Quoted:

thats what im afraid of. Ive never installed one before. Ive been watching numerous youtube videos for tips and tricks

Bro, I installed mine with no problems. Check out the CMMG Lower Parts Kit Install youtube video, that made it easy.
Link Posted: 5/27/2013 12:56:15 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Bro, I installed mine with no problems. Check out the CMMG Lower Parts Kit Install youtube video, that made it easy.

ledslngr and I did two today.  No problems at all provided you take the normal necessary precautions.
Link Posted: 5/27/2013 1:35:39 PM EDT
[#17]
What I did with trigger guard holes is used a 1/8 drill bit in my hand to see if it was big enough and then depending on which guard your using because the magpul roll pin is slightly larger than the one that usually come in a standard lpk then I support the bottom ear on a thin poly cutting block and with the roll pin I got in my woa lpk it went in smoothly but I lube up the pin before installing
Link Posted: 7/31/2013 5:21:56 PM EDT
[#18]
Ok, here's my late report with a question. First off, the question. Did any of y'all's lowers have some kind of weird residue in the buffer retainer hole? I went to put my buffer retainer in and it wouldn't depress far enough. I took it out and looked and there was what looked like caked, dirty salt in the hole. I had to scrape it out with a screwdriver before it would go together. My only other issue was the trigger guard roll pin. That thing was tight. I used a PSA LPK and I'm going to have to take it out to the shop and bang on it a little more to get it flush. It's almost there now, but not quite. I was putting it together in the house so my son could watch, so I didn't have a good surface to bang on. The holes are off center on mine too.
Link Posted: 8/15/2013 2:13:48 PM EDT
[#19]
So FINALLY picked up a CMMG LPK today, LGS put a pic of 4 they got in on FB this week so went by and grabbed one. Spent some time this afternoon watching CMMG's youtube and put it together, my first lower assembly. Didn't get a buffer tube ext so a few parts not in yet, but trigger guard went right in with no problem and no modification, even for a noob installer.

Now I'm excited to finish it out and get an upper on it, no clue yet what I want to do yet though. Thanks again dawggs for doing this.
Link Posted: 9/23/2013 8:45:57 AM EDT
[#20]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Ok, here's my late report with a question. First off, the question. Did any of y'all's lowers have some kind of weird residue in the buffer retainer hole? I went to put my buffer retainer in and it wouldn't depress far enough. I took it out and looked and there was what looked like caked, dirty salt in the hole. I had to scrape it out with a screwdriver before it would go together. My only other issue was the trigger guard roll pin. That thing was tight. I used a PSA LPK and I'm going to have to take it out to the shop and bang on it a little more to get it flush. It's almost there now, but not quite. I was putting it together in the house so my son could watch, so I didn't have a good surface to bang on. The holes are off center on mine too.
View Quote
I thought it was bird shit...but yeah I had the same issue.

Link Posted: 11/28/2013 8:59:46 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
http://i292.photobucket.com/albums/mm37/qball00980/guns/A447DDC7-5EBB-42EF-8D69-4EA87588906B-1055-000000DFBFA428B9_zps85297063.jpg

Mine has some blemishes as well, but I'm not too concerned. This is going to be turned into a patrol rifle so it's gonna get beat up anyway. For those of you going to VPS, the staff is very friendly and they have a fair amount of parts in stock, including LPK's.

To Dawggs and the rest of you that helped coordinate, much obliged.
View Quote

Now we know where the Mississippi Gun Owners.com lowers with our custom serial numbers MSGO-0110 thru 0401 went. ZD used them for ya'll's lowers.
Link Posted: 11/29/2013 9:51:17 AM EDT
[#22]
Yep. That explains our missing serial numbers.

Edit:
Just so you guys know that I'm not here to sh*t on your thread...we did two group buys with ZD. The first went off without a hitch last year other than running longer than expected. The second buy (which seemed to fall close to yours) had serial number issues. Bill gave us a starting point on the numbers for the second buy and people paid for certain numbers and ended up not getting them...hence our fascination with your serial numbers. If you see Mississippi people in here poking around, that is what's going on. We were expecting to see ours arrive about the time that yours did, so I guess that is how you got our serial numbers and why ours took longer than expected.

The MSAR15 model number and MGO serial number prefixes were there for "Mississippi AR15" and "Mississippi Gun Owners".

Here is lower #2 from the first buy

Link Posted: 11/29/2013 1:16:30 PM EDT
[#23]
Is mine the only one where they milled too much by the pivot pin?  My front pin doesnt sit flush with the receiver. I was hopingy pin was messed up but its the receiver
Link Posted: 11/30/2013 4:24:37 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Edit:
Just so you guys know that I'm not here to sh*t on your thread...we did two group buys with ZD. The first went off without a hitch last year other than running longer than expected. The second buy (which seemed to fall close to yours) had serial number issues. Bill gave us a starting point on the numbers for the second buy and people paid for certain numbers and ended up not getting them...hence our fascination with your serial numbers. If you see Mississippi people in here poking around, that is what's going on. We were expecting to see ours arrive about the time that yours did, so I guess that is how you got our serial numbers and why ours took longer than expected.

The MSAR15 model number and MGO serial number prefixes were there for "Mississippi AR15" and "Mississippi Gun Owners".

http://i11.servimg.com/u/f11/17/45/40/41/msgore10.jpg

View Quote

For those of you wondering what he is talking about,

http://www.msgunowners.com/t39513p180-msgo-lower-buy-v2-serial-number-thunderdome-2013it-is-done-please-check-the-list-for-accuracy#448226
Link Posted: 12/8/2013 6:24:13 AM EDT
[#25]
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Edit:

http://i11.servimg.com/u/f11/17/45/40/41/msgore10.jpg

For those of you wondering what he is talking about,

http://www.msgunowners.com/t39513p180-msgo-lower-buy-v2-serial-number-thunderdome-2013it-is-done-please-check-the-list-for-accuracy#448226

We can all be thankful they did not have "I love New York City" on them.  Did you guys get jacked up alignment on the trigger guard pin holes too?

Either way, the .22 one I built on that lower is about 5k rounds into getting broken in, and is till running well.  :)
Link Posted: 12/8/2013 6:39:16 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

We can all be thankful they did not have "I love New York City" on them.  Did you guys get jacked up alignment on the trigger guard pin holes too?

Either way, the .22 one I built on that lower is about 5k rounds into getting broken in, and is till running well.  :)
View Quote

I haven't heard of any issues. I got 3 lowers from our first buy and they went together just fine. I've got 3 from this buy but haven't assembled them yet. I did hear of the trigger group fitting tight in a couple.
Link Posted: 12/16/2013 9:35:28 AM EDT
[#27]
trigger guard pin holes were fine in mine. i threw a Colt LPK in the lower last week. Went together very smoothly. just waiting on my upper to get pinned by Accurate Ordinance & ill have some pics up ASAP. Very glad i scored one of these lowers. my new favorite honestly.
Page / 10
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top