Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/11/2013 7:20:32 AM EDT
I've contacted Saxby, Johnny, and Tom Price (my rep) several times about the current gun issues.  I got two (form) letters back today (two different email addresses) from Saxby's office, and was interested at the silghtly different wording.  Here they are, with significant differences highlighted for the tl;dr crowd.

Thank you for contacting me regarding the reinstatement of the assault weapons ban.  Your taking the time to contact me is appreciated.

As a parent and grandparent, there are no words to describe my grief at the senseless loss of life at Sandy Hook Elementary School.  My deepest sympathy goes out to the Newtown, Connecticut community, and all of the victims, families, and loves ones of this horrible tragedy.  I join the rest of the nation in offering my prayers to all of those impacted.

In response to this and other tragic and high-profile acts of violence, there is a renewed focus on this expired legal provision.  I believe that Congress will have an extensive and detailed debate about all of the potential causes of these tragic crimes, including mental health issues, depictions of violence in television, movies, and video games, and firearms.  Your comments are important, and I will remember them as the debate moves forward.

On September of 1994, Congress passed and President Clinton signed into law the "Violent Crime Control and Law Enforcement Act" (P.L. 103-322).  This legislation prohibited the sale of certain semi-automatic weapons, often referred to as the assault weapons.  On September 13, 2004 the ban expired.  

I have always been a strong supporter of Second Amendment rights, and I will continue to ensure the rights of gun owners will not be further infringed upon.  We must make certain that the rights and freedoms of law-abiding citizens are not infringed upon.  I believe that the ability of sportsmen, hunters, gun enthusiasts and citizens concerned with their personal safety to own a gun, whether for sport or protection is clearly defined in the Constitution and must not be compromised.

I know that dialogue regarding acts of violence will likely result in a wide range of legislative proposals seeking to address the underlying causes.  As these pieces of legislation come before me in the Senate, I will keep your thoughts in mind.

Thank you for writing me regarding the right to keep and bear arms as guaranteed by the Second Amendment to the United States Constitution.   Your taking the time to contact me is appreciated.  

I have always been a strong supporter of Second Amendment rights, and I will continue to ensure the rights of gun owners will not be further infringed upon.  We must make certain that the rights and freedoms of law-abiding citizens are not unfairly impeded.  I believe that the ability of sportsmen, hunters, gun enthusiasts and citizens concerned with their personal safety to own a gun, whether for sport or protection, is clearly defined in the Constitution and must not be compromised.  

In response to recent tragic and high-profile acts of violence, there is a renewed focus on government regulation of guns.  It is likely that Congress will soon have an extensive and detailed conversation about all of the potential causes of these crimes, including mental health issues, depictions of violence in television, movies, and video games, and firearms.  

I know that dialogue regarding acts of violence will likely result in a wide range of legislative proposals seeking to address the underlying causes.  As these pieces of legislation come before me in the Senate, I will keep your thoughts in mind.

In the response to the AWB, he assures me my rights will "not be infringed upon".  In the response to supporting the 2A, he assures me my rights will "not be unfairly impeded".

Parsing this out, he feels the AWB doesn't infringe upon my Fudd rights to have a single shot shotgun for hunting purposes, but limited "assault weapons" and "high capacity clips" does not unfairly impede my right to be a Fudd.  That's what I get out of it, any way.  You can bet I will be taking these letters, and my understanding by reading between the lines, back to him for clarification.

In the meanwhile, FUCK SAXBY CHAMBLISS.  Unless you prove me otherwise, I'm doing my best to vote you out of office.
Link Posted: 1/11/2013 7:22:52 AM EDT
[#1]
I just came here to post basically the same thing.  Here's his response to me:

Thank you for contacting me regarding the reinstatement of the assault weapons ban.   Your taking the time to contact me is appreciated .

As a parent and grandparent, there are no words to describe my grief at the senseless loss of life at Sandy Hook Elementary School.  My deepest sympathy goes out to the Newtown, Connecticut community, and all of the victims, families, and loves ones of this horrible  tragedy .  I join the rest of the nation in offering my prayers to all of those impacted.

In response to this and other tragic and high-profile acts of violence, there is a renewed focus on this expired legal provision.  I believe that Congress will have an extensive and detailed debate about all of the potential causes of these tragic crimes, including mental health issues, depictions of violence in television, movies, and video games, and firearms.  Your comments are important, and I will remember them as the debate moves forward.

On September of 1994, Congress passed and President Clinton signed into law the "Violent Crime Control and Law Enforcement Act" (P.L. 103-322).  This legislation prohibited the sale of certain semi-automatic weapons, often referred to as the assault weapons.  On September 13, 2004 the ban expired.  

I have always been a strong supporter of Second Amendment rights, and I will continue to ensure the rights of gun owners will not be further infringed upon.  We must make certain that the rights and freedoms of law-abiding citizens are not infringed upon.  I believe that the ability of sportsmen, hunters, gun enthusiasts and citizens concerned with their personal safety to own a gun, whether for sport or protection is clearly defined in the Constitution and must not be compromised.

Link Posted: 1/11/2013 7:28:18 AM EDT
[#2]
Got the same thing...

Dear  Mr. birdbarian:

Thank you for writing me regarding the right to keep and bear arms as guaranteed by the Second Amendment to the United States Constitution.   Your taking the time to contact me is appreciated.

I have always been a strong supporter of Second Amendment rights, and I will continue to ensure the rights of gun owners will not be further infringed upon.  We must make certain that the rights and freedoms of law-abiding citizens are not unfairly impeded.  I believe that the ability of sportsmen, hunters, gun enthusiasts and citizens concerned with their personal safety to own a gun, whether for sport or protection, is clearly defined in the Constitution and must not be compromised.

In response to recent tragic and high-profile acts of violence, there is a renewed focus on government regulation of guns.  It is likely that Congress will soon have an extensive and detailed conversation about all of the potential causes of these crimes, including mental health issues, depictions of violence in television, movies, and video games, and firearms.  

Please do not hesitate to contact me if I may be of assistance to you in the future.  In the meantime, if you would like to receive timely e-mail alerts regarding the latest congressional actions and my weekly e-newsletter, please sign up via my web site at:  www.chambliss.senate.gov .  
Link Posted: 1/11/2013 7:30:27 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

In the meanwhile, FUCK SAXBY CHAMBLISS.  Unless you prove me otherwise, I'm doing my best to vote you out of office.

I am with you on this. I was pissed when he gloated that the people had spoken when he was put back in to keep the filibuster proof senate out of the hands of the Dems. He needs to go
Link Posted: 1/11/2013 7:31:50 AM EDT
[#4]
Just like a politician. He doesn't state where he stands. He will sell us out just like the rest!!!
Link Posted: 1/11/2013 8:25:44 AM EDT
[#5]
I got the same response today too.
Link Posted: 1/11/2013 8:29:54 AM EDT
[#6]
Both of our senators are pieces of shit.

They need to be primary-d.
Link Posted: 1/11/2013 9:09:24 AM EDT
[#7]
Same one around 11 today while at lunch. I'm not pleased at all.
Link Posted: 1/11/2013 9:10:44 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I got the same response today too.

Yup.

Link Posted: 1/11/2013 9:13:34 AM EDT
[#9]
Damn.. i posted a dupe. shee-it.
Link Posted: 1/11/2013 9:15:04 AM EDT
[#10]
Mine was a little different.  Includes "infringe":

Thank you for contacting me regarding the reinstatement of the assault weapons ban.  Your taking the time to contact me is appreciated.

As a parent and grandparent, there are no words to describe my grief at the senseless loss of life at Sandy Hook Elementary School.  My deepest sympathy goes out to the Newtown, Connecticut community, and all of the victims, families, and loves ones of this horrible tragedy.  I join the rest of the nation in offering my prayers to all of those impacted.

If you would like to receive timely email alerts regarding the latest congressional actions and my weekly e-newsletter, please sign up via my web site at: www.chambliss.senate.gov .  Please let me know whenever I may be of assistance.
Link Posted: 1/11/2013 9:23:57 AM EDT
[#11]
Mine

Please do not hesitate to contact me if I may be of assistance to you in the future.  In the meantime, if you would like to receive timely e-mail alerts regarding the latest congressional actions and my weekly e-newsletter, please sign up via my web site at:  www.chambliss.senate.gov .  

just like a politician aint it?

Link Posted: 1/11/2013 9:25:01 AM EDT
[#12]
my 2 were essentially the same

this is the only concrete thing I can pull out of it

I believe that the ability of sportsmen, hunters, gun enthusiasts and citizens concerned with their personal safety to own a gun, whether for sport or protection, is clearly defined in the Constitution and must not be compromised.

based on the other ambiguous content I'm not sure I trust that statement
Link Posted: 1/11/2013 9:31:22 AM EDT
[#13]
Edit.  Auto-response to my auto-response.  You MUST use his web form for emails.  Gives me the chance to re-do the email and fix the mistakes.

Mine is below (at the bottom), along with my response back.  Please respond back.  Let them know we see what they are doing, and that we will be watching.  Damn.  I re-read this before I sent it to him, but didn't catch the run-on sentence, or the fact that I started a point and didn't finish.  Shit-fuck.

Thanks much,
Brian

Mr. Chambliss,

Thank you very much for responding to me regarding the upcoming legislation that we both know is coming.  I understand that you are getting many letters from many different people, each with a different view on how much, or how little legislation is needed.  I further understand that these emails are handled by staffers and more than likely do not cross your desk, and as I have seen from friends of mine, your email below to me is nearly identical to at least three other Georgians that I know wrote you about this same issue.  So I ask this, to whomever is actually responding to these emails, that first, you do so in a little less form like letter.  Secondly, please ensure that the Senator is fully aware of the number of Georgians that DO NOT support any type of gun restrictions, be it on the type of guns we may own/purchase/sell/transfer, and that we will be watching the upcoming legislation VERY closely.  Please ensure that you let the Senator know that these Georgians will turn out en masse at the polls when it comes time for primaries, and the general election, and that any compromise on our God given rights as provided by the Constitution of the United States of America will be remembered.

Thank you very much,
me
phone number
address

On Jan 11, 2013, at 10:25 AM, Senator Saxby Chambliss wrote:

Dear Mr. XXXXXX:

Thank you for writing me regarding the right to keep and bear arms as guaranteed by the Second Amendment to the United States Constitution. Your taking the time to contact me is appreciated.

Please do not hesitate to contact me if I may be of assistance to you in the future.  In the meantime, if you would like to receive timely e-mail alerts regarding the latest congressional actions and my weekly e-newsletter, please sign up via my web site at: www.chambliss.senate.gov.  
Link Posted: 1/11/2013 9:33:54 AM EDT
[#14]
Someone ought to copy the link to this post and send that to him in a letter.
Link Posted: 1/11/2013 9:45:34 AM EDT
[#15]
I wrote Saxby as well. I expect to vote democrat in the next election . Maybe we should write the republican party hierarchy . I am ready to bail on the party at this point . I am tired of being sold out .
Link Posted: 1/11/2013 10:54:11 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
my 2 were essentially the same

this is the only concrete thing I can pull out of it

I believe that the ability of sportsmen, hunters, gun enthusiasts and citizens concerned with their personal safety to own a gun, whether for sport or protection, is clearly defined in the Constitution and must not be compromised.

based on the other ambiguous content I'm not sure I trust that statement

You'll notice there's no mention of what kind of gun they trust you to use for sport or protection. Many feel a .38 revolver is more than enough.

Quoted:
I wrote Saxby as well. I expect to vote democrat in the next election . Maybe we should write the republican party hierarchy . I am ready to bail on the party at this point . I am tired of being sold out .

You're picking the convicted murderer standing inside your front door with a gun, over the guy who fucked your girlfriend.

Our fight should be in the primary, not the general election.
Link Posted: 1/11/2013 12:24:24 PM EDT
[#17]
I got the same response.
Link Posted: 1/12/2013 1:14:56 PM EDT
[#18]

+1  You'd think the guy would have gotten the message in 2008 when his re-election bid went into a runoff.  I firmly believe the only reason he won was that too many people in Georgia (thank God!) didn't want 60 demoRATs in the Senate. He's up for re-election in 2014.  I'd like to see him end up like Bill Bennett of Utah.  Bill was a sitting Senator up for re-election in 2010 that didn't make it through the Utah primary.  Bennett was dumped at the state convention and Mike Lee was nominated (and won the election).  Sure got Senator Hatch's attention!   Hopefully, history will repeat itself.
[Sarcasm/ON] I'm all in favor of firing all 535 members of Congress and picking 535 names out of the phone book.  Could it be any worse?  
[Sarcasm/OFF]
Sheer Coincidence Department:  I got the EXACT same reply from him on Thursday as your response #2.

That is all...

Link Posted: 1/12/2013 8:06:51 PM EDT
[#19]
never again will you get my vote SOB
Link Posted: 1/12/2013 10:02:41 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

+1  You'd think the guy would have gotten the message in 2008 when his re-election bid went into a runoff.  I firmly believe the only reason he won was that too many people in Georgia (thank God!) didn't want 60 demoRATs in the Senate. He's up for re-election in 2014.  I'd like to see him end up like Bill Bennett of Utah.  Bill was a sitting Senator up for re-election in 2010 that didn't make it through the Utah primary.  Bennett was dumped at the state convention and Mike Lee was nominated (and won the election).  Sure got Senator Hatch's attention!   Hopefully, history will repeat itself.

[Sarcasm/ON] I'm all in favor of firing all 535 members of Congress and picking 535 names out of the phone book.  Could it be any worse?  
[Sarcasm/OFF]

Sheer Coincidence Department:  I got the EXACT same reply from him on Thursday as your response #2.

That is all...

It would tickle me pink to fire the whole lot of them.  Congress, Pres & cabinet, and at least 3 levels of management deep into every department.

The worst thing the framers left out of the constitution is term limits on congress.
Link Posted: 1/13/2013 4:32:21 PM EDT
[#21]
What did you all expect from someone who gladly voted for NDAA 2012.

Edit to add: Chambliss would not commit to me that he would oppose the U.N. Small Arms Treaty, either.

Link Posted: 1/13/2013 5:01:50 PM EDT
[#22]
Look at it like this . If you vote for a democrat, you know what you get going in. If I vote republican I am going to get a surprise fucking without lube.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 1/13/2013 5:29:21 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Look at it like this . If you vote for a democrat, you know what you get going in. If I vote republican I am going to get a surprise fucking without lube.

At least the Democrat will lube you up first but you are getting screwed either way.

td
Link Posted: 1/13/2013 5:39:18 PM EDT
[#24]
What ever happened to Erick Erickson's talk about running against Saxby?

I know some people thought Herman Cain would be a good choice.

Link Posted: 1/13/2013 6:08:07 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

if no one runs against isakson in 2014, I WILL.

i am sick of these bastards.
Link Posted: 1/13/2013 6:33:36 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Quoted:

if no one runs against isakson in 2014, I WILL.

i am sick of these bastards.

I have no idea who you are or what you stand for but you can count on my vote.

Anything would be an improvement over Taxby.

td
Link Posted: 1/13/2013 7:11:34 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Quoted:
(By voting democrat) You're picking the convicted murderer standing inside your front door with a gun, over the guy who fucked your girlfriend.

Our fight should be in the primary, not the general election.

Link Posted: 1/14/2013 12:24:07 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Just like a politician. He doesn't state where he stands. He will sell us out just like the rest!!!

Yup
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top