Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/23/2012 4:13:46 PM EDT
Stumbled upon it today coming out of the drivethrough at Hardees. They are working on getting some inventory in and the manager there was a familiar guy from over at Sharpshooters. Actually IIRC he's the one that used to be  the "papers please" guy whenever you pulled a suppressor out.

Looks like your typical small town gunshop. Prices are high but not out of line. Fundamentally I don't know if you can make any money doing that when you have folks like Cherokee and 400 to compete with.

The good news is that the Hardees BBQ burger is a success by all measures

Link Posted: 8/23/2012 7:44:40 PM EDT
[#1]
Honest opinion here...stay away and don't waste your time with them.  My buddy was a founding manager and they fucked him over good.
Link Posted: 8/24/2012 1:30:19 AM EDT
[#2]
I drove buy it a few weeks back. It looked like it was actually part of the paint store.
Link Posted: 8/24/2012 4:35:04 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I drove buy it a few weeks back. It looked like it was actually part of the paint store.

It shared the space with the paint store.  But they've closed it down and remodeled it into a "full" gunstore now.
Link Posted: 8/24/2012 5:46:22 AM EDT
[#4]
Almost went by yesterday (had to meet fiancee near there), but looked at their transfer fee online first.  Was $30 and the absolute most I'll pay is $25.  I just assumed everything else is overpriced too.

I'm going to check out this place instead.  I've heard good things about them.
https://cjiguns.com/QUIET_ZONE.html

Link Posted: 8/24/2012 7:16:00 AM EDT
[#5]
Is there a place to do a drive-thru angioplasty next to that Hardees because from the looks of that burger it's needed for sure...

Quoted:

Stumbled upon it today coming out of the drivethrough at Hardees. They are working on getting some inventory in and the manager there was a familiar guy from over at Sharpshooters. Actually IIRC he's the one that used to be  the "papers please" guy whenever you pulled a suppressor out.

Looks like your typical small town gunshop. Prices are high but not out of line. Fundamentally I don't know if you can make any money doing that when you have folks like Cherokee and 400 to compete with.

http://www.burgerbusiness.com/wp-content/uploads/Hardees_MemphisBBQFacebook1.jpg

Link Posted: 8/24/2012 8:31:29 AM EDT
[#6]
Stolen from Huffington Post article and thought I'd share, re: BBQ Burger

Link Posted: 8/24/2012 8:34:58 AM EDT
[#7]
they will actually price match their competitors, although I will say the one thing I tried to get price matched they couldn't get
Link Posted: 8/24/2012 9:39:28 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Is there a place to do a drive-thru angioplasty next to that Hardees because from the looks of that burger it's needed for sure...

Quoted:

http://www.burgerbusiness.com/wp-content/uploads/Hardees_MemphisBBQFacebook1.jpg

I can recommend a good cardiologist, your 1st stent is $3,000 each additional is only $750, valid only for your 1st catherization.

Link Posted: 8/24/2012 12:03:49 PM EDT
[#9]
Where are they located? It looks like may it's around the corner from Pure? I may try to swing by after work to browse.
Link Posted: 8/24/2012 3:27:40 PM EDT
[#10]
mmmm.... Pure.....
Link Posted: 8/24/2012 6:42:44 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
mmmm.... Pure.....

Opening one in Roswell right across from Luckys on Hwy 9 and Woodstock Street.

Link Posted: 8/24/2012 8:01:28 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Stolen from Huffington Post article and thought I'd share, re: BBQ Burger

http://i.huffpost.com/gen/739054/thumbs/o-CARLS-JR-PULLED-PORK-BURGER-570.jpg?1

There's a burger in that pic?
Link Posted: 8/25/2012 2:18:40 PM EDT
[#13]
Wow.  It never ceases to amaze me the time and energy people put into slamming a new business.  I met the owner who is an internet entrepreneuer.  I was referred to them by one of his colleagues.  Their web store recently went live and they have the lowest prices online out of any other store of this type.  You can look for yourself: www.armisteadguns.com.  Their model is awesome: order online and pick up in the store.   When I went in to meet the owner, I saw a pallet full of product they were shipping out of their warehouse so, I think they are going to be fine.  Correct me if I'm wrong but, I don't think Cherokee or 400 offer anything like this.

To the guy who's friend was the founding manager or whatever: there are two sides to every story.  I'd be careful about slandering a business unless you have all the facts.
Link Posted: 8/25/2012 2:55:52 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Wow.  It never ceases to amaze me the time and energy people put into slamming a new business.  I met the owner who is an internet entrepreneuer.  I was referred to them by one of his colleagues.  Their web store recently went live and they have the lowest prices online out of any other store of this type.  You can look for yourself: www.armisteadguns.com.  Their model is awesome: order online and pick up in the store.   When I went in to meet the owner, I saw a pallet full of product they were shipping out of their warehouse so, I think they are going to be fine.  Correct me if I'm wrong but, I don't think Cherokee or 400 offer anything like this.

To the guy who's friend was the founding manager or whatever: there are two sides to every story.  I'd be careful about slandering a business unless you have all the facts.

I do have all the facts.  

If anyone wants to discuss it through PM I'd be happy to since I'm assuming the owner wants to make the lawyer threats.
Link Posted: 8/25/2012 10:18:08 PM EDT
[#15]
I will correct you as if not wrong then close . Even better than the internet is calling, getting a knowledgeable person and getting the gun or parts you want .

the following is an actual phone call that has happened more than once , I am sure I am not alone

Whiskerz; Hey remember that Smith in the used case or New gun I looked at the other day ?

400 employee ; yes the xyz

whiskerz; yes that's the one , put my name on it and hold it for me . I will get up there in the next couple of days and pick it up

400 employee; sure no problem.

Whiskerz ; picks up gun and is a happy camper

I went and looked at the website . 1 Kel-tec in stock , The Glocks are priced a little high . And  why does it list 13-15 round Glocks as having 10 round mags . ??????  The pages load a little slow . You can do better
Link Posted: 8/26/2012 3:49:13 AM EDT
[#16]
Well since they brought it up....The innovative website with 50,000 items or whatever is just a portal to ellett brothers or RSR. Not much different than being an amazon affiliate. You have to order an item online that they don't have in stock, wait on it, and still pay tax.

It's true they have the prices low on there. They probably have the markup set for 5-10%. Perhaps that's just to get established but you can't make money like that.

And then they have this little gem which never ceases to piss people off.

Please note, Internet Prices may differ from Retail Store Front prices due to shipping, handling, and inventory cost.
Link Posted: 8/26/2012 4:30:21 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Wow.  It never ceases to amaze me the time and energy people put into slamming a new business.  I met the owner who is an internet entrepreneuer.  I was referred to them by one of his colleagues. Their web store recently went live and they have the lowest prices online out of any other store of this type.  You can look for yourself: www.armisteadguns.com.  Their model is awesome: order online and pick up in the store.   When I went in to meet the owner, I saw a pallet full of product they were shipping out of their warehouse so, I think they are going to be fine.  Correct me if I'm wrong but, I don't think Cherokee or 400 offer anything like this.

I'm not one to judge by post counts.....But your first post not only slamming an established member, but endorsing a company nobody has ever heard of and from the looks of your post you have never bought anything from either, doesnt carry much weight. Actually it almost sounds like you may have a hand in the cookie jar.

I have no horse in this fight, because I don't shop at any of the mentioned stores. But online ordering, and in store pick up is not something new, It's called an FFL transfer and has been done for years. As for non reciever purchases, I can just have them shipped to my house, so no need to go to the store. The days of the "Boutique gun store" are over. These days people either want to order online, because they know what they want already, and they want the best price possible. Or walk in, fondle different models, and choose what they like most, pay and walk out. For this they are willing to pay a little extra. I am a fan of supporting local businesses. I am not a fan of ordering an item, going to pick it up, realizing I hate the way it feels, then having to reorder something else, pay restocking fees, and generally wasting everyones time.

In fact, I'll say it, the entire post sound like a sales pitch. I can promise this, if the owner IS in fact an "Internet Entrepreneuer" just trying to make some money, he's not gonna succeed. If he is a gun enthusiast, trying to follow his dreams he's got a better chance, because when you know guns and someone trying to sell you a gun doesn't know anything about them......you know.

ETS: Anyone know where the owner is from? If he's selling 10 round mags, he may very well not even be from America hes probably from Kalifornia.
Link Posted: 8/26/2012 6:07:55 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Wow.  It never ceases to amaze me the time and energy people put into slamming a new business.  I met the owner who is an internet entrepreneuer.  I was referred to them by one of his colleagues. Their web store recently went live and they have the lowest prices online out of any other store of this type.  You can look for yourself: www.armisteadguns.com.  Their model is awesome: order online and pick up in the store.   When I went in to meet the owner, I saw a pallet full of product they were shipping out of their warehouse so, I think they are going to be fine.  Correct me if I'm wrong but, I don't think Cherokee or 400 offer anything like this.

ETS: Anyone know where the owner is from? If he's selling 10 round mags, he may very well not even be from America hes probably from Kalifornia.

I keep a few 10 round glock mags in stock...

I always have a few customers looking for them. I have no idea why they want them but it's not my job to judge.

Cali transplants buying supplies..???

td

Link Posted: 8/26/2012 6:41:31 AM EDT
[#19]

I always have a few customers looking for them. I have no idea why they want them but it's not my job oi judge.

IDPA requires them, doesn't it?

G23c
Link Posted: 8/26/2012 6:45:06 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

I always have a few customers looking for them. I have no idea why they want them but it's not my job oi judge.

G23c

No. You can just load to ten.

The website looks to be of the generic mirror order-ship like someone else said, meaning that the products displayed are just chosen from everything available. Big random bucket, just look at the items. Glocks at standard capacity AND reduced capacity does not surprise me at all with that format.
Link Posted: 8/26/2012 6:54:19 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Quoted:

G23c

No. You can just load to ten.

The website looks to be of the generic mirror order-ship like someone else said, meaning that the products displayed are just chosen from everything available. Big random bucket, just look at the items. Glocks at standard capacity AND reduced capacity does not surprise me at all with that format.

Yes their webstore basically pulls everything from one of distributors.

Link Posted: 8/26/2012 6:57:51 AM EDT
[#22]
The owner is a local guy, a decendent of Civl War officer Armistead and seems like a good guy. The current manager also is a nice guy and actually admitted that he did not know about a particular item that I asked about. This is a skill that is very rare in the gun business and that I apppreciate.  (admitting that one does not know everything about everything when in a retail job.)

All of the big online stores have to start somewhere and I hope this guy could grow to be one of the big online sites.

Anyone brave enough to enter the shooting sports sales business is a good thing for us. Good or Bad, the customer always wins when there is competiion.

Good Luck to them.
Link Posted: 8/26/2012 7:38:04 AM EDT
[#23]
Simple fact is if you do not like their business practices, exployees, owners etc dont patronize the business. The have created what they think is a sucessful business plan, and no one here (unless the owner is a HTF member) can do much about it. If you like them, praise them, if you dont, be constructive in your criticism. Remember, not everyone in the world is the subject matter expert that we all think we are.

Capitalism is a great thing, sometimes we suceed sometimes we dont, but regardless its the American way.
Link Posted: 8/26/2012 10:15:55 AM EDT
[#24]
Good luck to him.  The website could use some real work though,  It appears to be made out of aids and fail when I try to use it to look up what's offered.

Link Posted: 8/26/2012 11:12:04 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Good luck to him.  The website could use some real work though,  It appears to be made out of aids and fail when I try to use it to look up what's offered.

I got a fatal error from the server when I tried to see if they had one of those evil 'assault guns' (sig516) in stock.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top