Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/14/2017 9:23:22 PM EDT
Funky Cold Medina spoof done by a country sounding guy?
Heard it in college back after Tone Locs came out.  They spoofed it "hanging out at Stuckys lookin for some action..."
Can't find it and am wondering if it wasn't just local in the college station.
Yeah it was NCSU - "John Deere all the way baby"
Link Posted: 5/11/2017 10:00:36 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Funky Cold Medina spoof done by a country sounding guy?
Heard it in college back after Tone Locs came out.  They spoofed it "hanging out at Stuckys lookin for some action..."
Can't find it and am wondering if it wasn't just local in the college station.
Yeah it was NCSU - "John Deere all the way baby"
View Quote

Have you tried searching through "John Boy's & Billy" Radio show? I think it was in the mid to late 1990's, that they branched out into some Country station  markets. They were on 99.7 the Fox in Charlotte and were syndicated to  few other markets. Raliegh/NCSU was one of them.   The Charlotte tower signal was pretty strong and you might have been able to hear them at NC State from a repeater or  the original source.  Without  having a local station carrying/rebroadcasting their show.  Their comedy act made numerous versions of what ever song was famous at the time.
Link Posted: 5/28/2017 10:34:16 PM EDT
[#2]
Sorry for the late reply.  And thanks!  I'll check them and see what I can dig up.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top