Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/27/2017 10:38:22 AM EDT
I bought an 83 Suburban with a 350 that needs some work. Mostly it's the carb and an oil leak, but I want to freshen the engine up a bit as well.

So here's the deal. My dad never worked on cars so I never learned how to mess with engines as a kid. I can do oil changes and simple tasks like that, but nothing this complicated.

I want to hire someone that knows about engines to help me fix this thing up. I'd pay them of course, but I'd like to do all of the work.

I'd also provide beer as needed.  Anyone interested?
Link Posted: 3/2/2017 3:00:42 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm not talking about paying $50 for a days worth of work. I'm willing to pay good money for good instruction.
Link Posted: 3/5/2017 10:03:17 AM EDT
[#2]
Where do you live OP?
Link Posted: 3/5/2017 2:59:46 PM EDT
[#3]
North Charlotte, between Concord Mills and Northlake.
Link Posted: 3/7/2017 8:23:59 PM EDT
[#4]
Not good, I'm near Kings Mountain.
Link Posted: 3/8/2017 2:10:53 PM EDT
[#5]
I'm not married to the engine refresh idea. I'm open to buying a crate engine and swapping it out. That might take a day if we're quick.
Link Posted: 3/10/2017 8:30:54 AM EDT
[#6]
If the motor is really worn you can buy a crate motor cheaper than you can build what you have.
Link Posted: 3/11/2017 11:53:14 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
If the motor is really worn you can buy a crate motor cheaper than you can build what you have.
View Quote

I'm actually leaning that way. Summit racing has an engine for $1500.

If anyone is interested in helping me so then, should only take a day or so and I'll pay good!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top