Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/24/2017 10:18:43 PM EDT
As the title indicates, the sure and I are in the beginning stages of deciding to make a move to NC. Any information would be very helpful
Link Posted: 3/8/2017 10:29:53 PM EDT
[#1]
I haven't lived there in a number of years but overall NC has a good system with good protocols and a great emergency services training program state wide. (paramedic school is free in most cases)  I know the director of Wake county is amazing and they kind of guy that most people in our line of work dream of working for.  Both areas are crowded so they are high volume systems.  I worked in Cumberland county among a few others and we would run up to 15 calls in 12 hours.  I also worked in Chatham county west of wake and very rural and we could spend up to 2 hours on a call depending on how long it took to get to the patient and where they wanted to be transported to.  Overall NC is one of the better states for EMS careers in all aspects except pay.  Since training is cheap or free lots of people are certified and it doesn't pay as well as other places but the state has a good system and larger systems generally have great equipment.  Good luck
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top