Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/11/2017 9:28:44 PM EDT
Jack Little, owner of Whetstone Surplus on S. Main St. in High Point for over 35 years, was shot and killed in his store today.
Suspects are unknown.
I've known Jack all these years, and spent many hours and dollars there. He was as fine a fellow as you'd ever want to meet.
Here's a link to the local TV news story:  Gun Shop Owner Murdered

Update 2/21/2017: Arrests Made
Arrest Made in Jack Little Murder
Link Posted: 2/11/2017 9:53:17 PM EDT
[#1]
As with many such stores, he was likely alone at the time.  Somebody got the drop on him.  I suspect that in that part of town, gunshots are common enough and people don't report anything.
Link Posted: 2/12/2017 11:47:17 AM EDT
[#2]
bought my first colt 1911 in early 70s from him ....a good man

would go on sundays he was the only gun store open on sundays

hope the POS dies with 1 or 15 to the head

talked to another dealer  and he said he would bet it wast a local connection

i was always vigilant when i got out at his store, not the best section of town nowadays

just bought another from him a few weeks ago
Link Posted: 2/12/2017 7:40:17 PM EDT
[#3]
Horrible, horrible.  He was a great guy.  He's been my LCS since 1985 and the yellow jeep days.  RIP Jack.
Link Posted: 2/12/2017 11:24:23 PM EDT
[#4]
Oh no...!  I've bought several guns from his store.  Bought mine and my wifes first carry guns from him back in the 80's.  I haven't been in his shop in years.  You couldn't walk in it back then for all the stuff he had in there.  But he was a fine and friendly man.

Rest in peace sir.
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 5:44:43 PM EDT
[#5]
**Update: Arrests Made**

Arrests Made
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 7:06:10 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
**Update: Arrests Made**

Arrests Made
View Quote

Thumbs up to the boys in blue.  Senseless crime.  Thieves are bad enough, a robbery is worse, but a murder is unjustified.  Death penalty case?  We ain't sent nobody to hell in over 10 years.
Link Posted: 2/28/2017 6:51:39 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 2/28/2017 9:45:55 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
He  wasn't shot he was stabbed .Details
View Quote

... ah, I see.  This was published the day after I posted my comment based on the original post that said he was shot.  Kinda explains a bit better why there was so much lag between murder and discovery of the body.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top