Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/11/2017 1:48:01 AM EDT
Anyone know if any good gun stores that have an ample selection of military surplus rifles in Raleigh area? I visit Fuquay Gun and Gold on the regular, have visited Sovereign Gun but wasn't that impressed, and hit up Cabela's Everytime I'm over that way.

I live in between Fuquay and Garner, but go to Smithfield for work.
Link Posted: 2/11/2017 9:46:06 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Anyone know if any good gun stores that have an ample selection of military surplus rifles in Raleigh area? I visit Fuquay Gun and Gold on the regular, have visited Sovereign Gun but wasn't that impressed, and hit up Cabela's Everytime I'm over that way.

I live in between Fuquay and Garner, but go to Smithfield for work.
View Quote

Sovereign Guns is the best I know of in that area.  Nothing doing in Fayetteville. Some good gun stores, but nothing with surplus rifles.  What, specifically, did you not find at Sovereign?
Link Posted: 2/13/2017 2:29:09 PM EDT
[#2]
Ed's gun shop in Vass now has his stuff on his web site.  you might want to check it out.
Link Posted: 2/17/2017 12:11:06 AM EDT
[#3]
surplus dried up a couple of years ago.  if's not a black rifle or a shotgun, most shops don't have it.
Link Posted: 2/18/2017 9:36:21 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Sovereign Guns is the best I know of in that area.  Nothing doing in Fayetteville. Some good gun stores, but nothing with surplus rifles.  What, specifically, did you not find at Sovereign?
View Quote

Well they did have a few rifles I was interested, even had cash in my pocket. It was their customer service that killed it for me. I asked to see a 1922 dated Mosin Nagant M91/30, which was promptly handed to me still covered in cosmoline and included matching bayonet. I asked for the price and he walked off to go confirm the $330 plus tax deal. I waited for freaking 20+ minutes for him to come back, and everyone else I tried to ask couldn't tell me. I only waited that long cause I was intrigued by that rifle and another. By time he came back, I had lost interest in both and just walked away leaving the rifle on the countertop

Won't be back for awhile
Link Posted: 2/19/2017 8:53:54 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Well they did have a few rifles I was interested, even had cash in my pocket. It was their customer service that killed it for me. I asked to see a 1922 dated Mosin Nagant M91/30, which was promptly handed to me still covered in cosmoline and included matching bayonet. I asked for the price and he walked off to go confirm the $330 plus tax deal. I waited for freaking 20+ minutes for him to come back, and everyone else I tried to ask couldn't tell me. I only waited that long cause I was intrigued by that rifle and another. By time he came back, I had lost interest in both and just walked away leaving the rifle on the countertop

Won't be back for awhile
View Quote

Good work is hard to find.  I've bought a few guns from there and they have stuff others do not.  Different tone from other shops in the area.  I don't care much for 'boutique' type gun stores whose customer service usually involves everything but good gun knowledge.  No excusing a worker does not know the prices of the guns in their own store, though.
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 1:23:53 PM EDT
[#6]
Agreed, and they had a Finn marked M91/30 they wanted a crap ton for.

I generally find my best deals on Armslist and pawn shops that don't know what they have.

Currently trying to sell two duplicates in my collection: 1944 dated Russian M44 and a 1945 dated Turk Mauser.

Have a lead on a Japanese Arisaka, so need the funds
Link Posted: 3/8/2017 10:42:27 PM EDT
[#7]
There is a guy online in NC that has some interesting stuff now and then.  mosincrate.com I think. (I have nothing to do with his business other than I have purchased a few things through him and he was good to deal with) I have picked up a handful of things from him in the last few years and so far so good.  He gets a lot of import stuff and most, not all, is C&R so that helps.  He doesn't carry much inventory but when he gets stuff in he posts it online for a day to view and it goes on sale the next day.  might be worth you checking out.  he has another batch going on sale Monday that will be up on his website this weekend.  last sale he had a beautiful mum arisaka and a handful of t25's among a few other things (swiss military bicycles of all things)
Link Posted: 3/9/2017 9:21:33 PM EDT
[#8]
Thanks for heads up, I'll have to hit them up

I've been having good luck with Armslist
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top