Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/28/2017 9:51:26 PM EDT
Looking at the Olympic Cerakote thread in GD made me want to spruce up a couple of beaters, but shipping a handgun cross county and back is a deal killer as far as affordability. Anybody know of any good local cerakote places? Not looking for fancy designs.

I am in Rockingham county.

A search shows Black Diamond Gunworks, but instead of actually showing a location they have a map of NC with a spot a bit east of High Point circled and the words DEAD CENTER, but it doesn't actually list their location in the "contact" or "location" section. I see there is a place with the same name in Asheboro, I guess that is their current location?
Link Posted: 1/31/2017 7:24:11 AM EDT
[#1]
The guy that does the work for Carolina Guns and Gear in Asheboro does a really good job.
Link Posted: 1/31/2017 10:21:33 AM EDT
[#2]
Yeah, I assume it's the same guy.
Link Posted: 2/3/2017 2:57:09 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Looking at the Olympic Cerakote thread in GD made me want to spruce up a couple of beaters, but shipping a handgun cross county and back is a deal killer as far as affordability. Anybody know of any good local cerakote places? Not looking for fancy designs.

I am in Rockingham county.

A search shows Black Diamond Gunworks, but instead of actually showing a location they have a map of NC with a spot a bit east of High Point circled and the words DEAD CENTER, but it doesn't actually list their location in the "contact" or "location" section. I see there is a place with the same name in Asheboro, I guess that is their current location?
View Quote

Following this post. I live in Rockingham County as well and looking for a good cerakoted place.
Link Posted: 2/19/2017 5:05:57 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Following this post. I live in Rockingham County as well and looking for a good cerakoted place.
View Quote

Apparently the best choice is Double H gunsmithing in Caswell county, which isn't far from us. I have yet to make it over there but the folks who recommended him said the prices were reasonable and turnaround was quick. I have yet to make the trip over there, but it isn't far, in between yanceyville and danville. Hard for me to get there during his business hours.

A guy in my office lives down the road from "east coast precision arms" which is on 150 also in caswell. I saw on their Facebook that they also do coatings. He says the owner is sketchy and took months to replace a bolt handle on a 700, then when he got the gun back it was full of metal shavings. Take that as the secondhand knowledge it is but I do trust the guy who told me.

If you want bluing, Dan Printz is a super nice guy that does extremely impressive work at The Firing Pin in yanceyville. He has helped out my grandparents at times and is a stand up guy. However I don't really need any bluing done.

Why all this stuff is in the middle of nowhere in caswell, but there is nothing in Rockingham, is beyond me.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top