Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/23/2016 1:03:04 PM EDT
Hi all,
Long time visitor, but finally joined up now that I've built my AR and my father purchased one recently. We're both long-time gun guys and NRA members, and while I'm in town for the Thanksgiving weekend, I wanted to see if there were any areas (preferably not ranges, but outdoor ranges are options if there's nothing else) in the south Charlotte/Waxhaw area to break in these new rifles.

I come from northern New Mexico where we could head up into the mountains whenever we wanted to shoot and find some open land, set up, plink, and then pack everything out. So if anyone here has land, or knows of open land that a couple responsible, friendly guys could use for the holiday weekend, PM me. (and if its your land, I'm totally open to any "interview" questions you'd ask).

I know this is a long shot (ha!) on short notice, but didn't really know where else to ask.
Thanks!
Link Posted: 11/23/2016 8:58:48 PM EDT
[#1]
I have been looking for the same.  I think unless someone has some land and they trust you, you won't find what you are looking for close to Charlotte.
Link Posted: 12/12/2016 12:05:15 PM EDT
[#2]
Its a little bit of a drive, but you can google Leeds Rifle Range. It's near Chester SC and has a covered firing line with @ six benches, 25 yd berm and 100yd berm. Its a public range on state land. There's no range officer but I've never had any issues with folks that show up there.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top