Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/19/2016 11:24:43 PM EDT
Hello, Best Carolina arfcommers,

Do y'all know of any entities near Raleigh (preferably near North Raleigh) that provide courses on welding? I've got kind of a weird itch in the back of my mind lately to learn how to stick weld.

It'd be nice if I could take classes on weekends, but night courses wouldn't go totally amiss.

Thanks for your time!
Link Posted: 11/19/2016 11:37:06 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 11/20/2016 2:01:20 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
First place I'd check if I lived there is Wake Tech. Some of these links may help:
View Quote

Thanks, BigWaylon, darned good idea!

I'm emailing the director of the Welding Technology Curriculum to see if he knows when Welding Tech is coming to the North Campus (I went to north campus years ago for basic AS stuff, and it's very convenient to my office and apartment).
Link Posted: 11/23/2016 5:11:39 PM EDT
[#3]
I emailed one of the professors at Wake Tech about when they're bringing the Welding Technology curriculum to the North Campus, and he said they're starting in Fall, 2017, so that's cool.

I also found an N&O article about classes, and they linked to Shopspace, which has a couple of welding classes -- they're all about MIG welding, and I've got kind of a narc on to learn stick welding, but any port in a storm, right?

Do y'all have any experience with ShopSpace?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top