Posted: 11/9/2016 1:22:32 AM EDT
We did it.
Link Posted: 11/9/2016 2:14:13 AM EDT
[#1]
#draintheswamp!!!!
Link Posted: 11/9/2016 3:37:43 AM EDT
[#2]
I knew America would pull through.

Now is the time to start getting suppressors and SBRs off the NFA.

We will have the Presidency, the US House, US Senate, and Supreme Court.
Link Posted: 11/9/2016 4:21:32 AM EDT
[#3]
So Roy is governor now?
Link Posted: 11/9/2016 6:05:30 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
So Roy is governor now?
View Quote

I would expect a serious recounting and certifying the results were right. 4,772+/- votes is too close for not inspecting the results carefully.  Provisional ballots may come into play.  We may be waiting for official certified results to be formally announced for a few days to a few weeks. Especially if the loser challenges,contests and/or demands a recounting. But it looks like McCory is out as NC's governor, as of report totals presently from various sources.

This election shows us how seriously far " ...we are a house divided...". Nationally and locally.  Most elections were extremely close.  This seldom happens, only Bush & Gore in 2000 and Kennedy and Nixon in 1960 come to mind.  Before those, we have  go  back farther in history a decent amount.

Thanks to all who voted for ether side, I feel that the large turnout  also honors everyone for Friday November 11th, who is down range, been down range and/or has sacrificed themselves for the betterment of  others. That sacrificing extends far more than just those who have paid the ultimate sacrifice.....  So that we may all use(enjoy isn't the right word for every election and/or the candidates) the rights to vote and help shape our local and national future.  

As you rejoice or lick wounds(maybe some of both), remember the millions of people who have fought to bring us to this point.

Link Posted: 11/9/2016 8:21:33 AM EDT
[#5]
We had some victories but the loss of Bob Edmunds on the Supreme Court, Chuck Stuber for auditor, and Buck .Newton really hit me hard...

As for Mcrory, I maintain that HB2 was not his main problem, it was the way he handled the Dan river coal ash spill that undid him...
Link Posted: 11/9/2016 8:27:14 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
We had some victories but the loss of Bob Edmunds on the Supreme Court, Chuck Stuber for auditor, and Buck .Newton really hit me hard...

As for Mcrory, I maintain that HB2 was not his main problem, it was the way he handled the Dan river coal ash spill that undid him...
View Quote

Best governor Duke Power could buy.
Link Posted: 11/9/2016 12:01:18 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

But he was a good Governor.  I think HB2 had a lot to do with it.  Now we have another seasoned liberal politician.
Link Posted: 11/9/2016 12:11:30 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

But he was a good Governor.  I think HB2 had a lot to do with it.  Now we have another seasoned liberal politician.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

HB2 was probably most of it. I know a lot of moderate conservatives that he lost over it. Either way, I'm really, really not happy Cooper won.
Link Posted: 11/9/2016 1:17:49 PM EDT
[#9]
Did we lose control of the state house or senate? Had a super lib at work gloating that NC is blue. I thought we held house and senate?
Link Posted: 11/9/2016 1:24:17 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Did we lose control of the state house or senate? Had a super lib at work gloating that NC is blue. I thought we held house and senate?
View Quote

I honestly forgot to look. WRAL article says the GOP holds onto the supermajority in both NC house and senate. http://www.wral.com/gop-holds-nc-house-senate-super-majorities-despite-wake-losses/16215169/
Link Posted: 11/9/2016 2:30:21 PM EDT
[#11]
I did my part!
Link Posted: 11/9/2016 4:36:52 PM EDT
[#12]
I am bummed about a D in the governors office but am grateful that Burr pounded Ross. I see gridlock in NC politics for the next couple years, which is fine so long as we get stuff moving in Washington.
Link Posted: 11/9/2016 5:35:00 PM EDT
[#13]
Abc 11 announced on the 4pm news there will be a recount, my man Pat McCrory will not step down easily

Link Posted: 11/9/2016 7:03:32 PM EDT
[#14]
what a night i turned in at 11 up at 430 expecting hillary but to my happy surprise it was trump
Link Posted: 11/10/2016 4:37:20 PM EDT
[#15]
As a deplorable from Pennsylvania, I would like to thank you for all that you did to defeat the most corrupt person to ever serve in government.  Nice job !
Link Posted: 11/10/2016 6:57:52 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
As a deplorable from Pennsylvania, I would like to thank you for all that you did to defeat the most corrupt person to ever serve in government.  Nice job !
View Quote

From another deplorable, I also thank you for your vote and PA's 20 electorial votes to keep Hilldog out of office!
Link Posted: 11/13/2016 11:25:28 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
what a night i turned in at 11 up at 430 expecting hillary but to my happy surprise it was trump
View Quote

I was dumbfounded when I woke up to pee at 0330. I immediately fired up the coffee maker and computer, started abusing the few I know that supported killary.

Good times.
Link Posted: 11/13/2016 11:26:25 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View Quote

Thank you, Sir. Job well done.
Link Posted: 11/13/2016 11:27:33 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I agree overall with you.
Link Posted: 11/18/2016 3:16:51 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It ain't over yet. McCrory has filed challenges in 52 counties over improper voting including Durham. He was leading the race until Durham County finally came in. A little bit of Democrat shenanigans here and a little bit there could add up to way more than the 5,000 vote difference.

Link Posted: 11/18/2016 3:50:32 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
It ain't over yet. McCrory has filed challenges in 52 counties over improper voting including Durham. He was leading the race until Durham County finally came in. A little bit of Democrat shenanigans here and a little bit there could add up to way more than the 5,000 vote difference.
View Quote

There was definitely some shady stuff going on, but the AG and Governor will probably be Democrats.  Don't know how that liberal supreme court justice got in either??!!  This will be a good test for my theories on absentee voting and voter ID skewing results towards the Democrats.  So much opportunity for fraud.  I agree with what was said earlier, though, about HB2.  Pretty sure we got played on that one.  Republicans lost the culture war in the Supreme Court because Justice Kennedy sided with Gay Marriage advocates.  Done.  Over.  The Bible Thumpers continue to beat a dead horse.  All McCrory had to do is distance himself from the law and he would have won re-election.
Link Posted: 11/20/2016 10:42:09 PM EDT
[#22]
Probably so.......
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top