Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/26/2016 4:47:17 PM EDT

I renewed the tags on my wifes car last week.

The new sticker arrived and I put it on her tag and told her to sign the registration card.

But the new card does not have a place for a signature, unlike past years.

Has NC changed things, or did she get a misprinted card?

I searched but came up empty

Link Posted: 10/26/2016 5:06:45 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

The new sticker arrived and I put it on her tag and told her to sign the registration card.

View Quote

It's been a couple of months (end of July/early Aug) but IIRC the signature block was on the card for our CR-V. I've never understood why it was needed, so maybe someone had a good idea at the DMV.

Hard to believe...

Link Posted: 10/26/2016 5:13:37 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

It's been a couple of months (end of July/early Aug) but IIRC the signature block was on the card for our CR-V. I've never understood why it was needed, so maybe someone had a good idea at the DMV.

Hard to believe...

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Hard to believe...

Interesting.  I did my truck in June and required a signature

Thanks

Link Posted: 10/26/2016 6:58:21 PM EDT
[#3]
I renewed mine in August. I'll grab the registration when I get to my truck and see if there's a signature block on it.
Link Posted: 10/26/2016 10:38:53 PM EDT
[#4]
looking at mine. just got it this week. no signature line. insurance company and policy number then a barcode with VIN under that.
Link Posted: 10/27/2016 4:16:30 AM EDT
[#5]
Law changed... you no longer are required to sign your registration card...
Link Posted: 10/27/2016 1:20:50 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
looking at mine. just got it this week. no signature line. insurance company and policy number then a barcode with VIN under that.
View Quote

That's the way ours looks, thanks for the help guys

Link Posted: 10/27/2016 2:26:05 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

View Quote

this is correct. I just renewed 3 vehicles and the tag office specifically pointed out that it is no longer necessary for the registration to be signed.

Link Posted: 10/27/2016 3:35:34 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

this is correct. I just renewed 3 vehicles and the tag office specifically pointed out that it is no longer necessary for the registration to be signed.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I love how NC keeps this kind of thing secret.  Just like when they changed the prop tax and inspection procedure.  I had no idea things had changed until the shop told me.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top