Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/21/2016 5:33:18 PM EDT
Old Sweaty Betty is needin some tires.  Light truck tires for a 1500 GMC Sierra.  

What is your recommendation for good prices and service?  

Winston-Salem/triad area.   Not opposed to low mileage used tires either.  Whatcha got?
Link Posted: 10/21/2016 8:21:00 PM EDT
[#1]
I always go round and round on this when I have to shoe my cars.
Best bet is to just suck it up and get michelin LTX m/s 2s. Last forever, balance well, quiet, no issues.
Discount tires is your best bet, they knock some off the price if you bring cash.
Link Posted: 10/22/2016 8:10:49 AM EDT
[#2]
I used to always put good off-road tires on my f150 but since figured it was a waist. I just bought Hankook Dynapro HTs for my personal truck and work truck. Very quiet and not as expensive as Michelin.

I do have Michelin on my work car though and they are nice.
Link Posted: 10/26/2016 4:39:58 PM EDT
[#3]
I have nothing but high praise for Discount Tire, they have been really good to me and my wife whenever we have gone.
Link Posted: 10/27/2016 8:27:03 PM EDT
[#4]
Just did this today.
Check Costco. Great prices and I figure the warranty is as good as any out there.
Link Posted: 11/1/2016 12:24:50 PM EDT
[#5]
I went with discount tire also, they didn't have the firestones I wanted because their recently discontinued. Could have bought them from tire rack.com but would have to pay each time they were rotated apparently. Since I couldn't find a local installer that sold a "balance & rotation package". So in the long run they were the best deal and they've done well for me in the past.
Link Posted: 11/2/2016 6:19:08 PM EDT
[#6]
I just bought a new truck and will be replacing the tires in about a week or two. What size wheel do you have? The tires I have are Michelin LTX a/t 2. The size is 275/65r18. Basically 32" tall by 11" wide. They currently have 100 miles on them. Discount Tire sells them for $253.27 each. I would sell them for less than that of course.

I am outside Charlotte and could meet if they fit your truck and you are interested.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top