Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/20/2016 10:23:00 PM EDT
You locals keep your head on a swivel.
Link Posted: 9/21/2016 12:42:42 AM EDT
[#1]
Out of town and hadn't seen this yet, thanks.
Link Posted: 9/21/2016 7:30:06 AM EDT
[#2]
Saw it on the news, but other than that, I think I heard "F#ck the Police" by NWA coming from one of the neighborhood kid's cars.  

It was smooth sailing into work this morning.
Link Posted: 9/21/2016 7:38:15 AM EDT
[#3]
Not heard any background on the fallen.

Not a betting man but I would chance a few bucks he was "turning his life around", etc.
Link Posted: 9/21/2016 11:23:32 AM EDT
[#4]
Live Uptown.  Usual volley of sirens were heard last night, but as far as I know, all quiet here.  All quiet this morning as well.

All CMPD officers wear body cams.  It takes a court order to release the footage.  My guess is it will take a while to release the video.  From the public statement from CMPD, sounds like a good shoot.

Link Posted: 9/21/2016 11:37:12 AM EDT
[#5]
Agreed, it did sound like a good shoot.

We have heard quite a few firetrucks go by here in Ballantyne all morning.
Link Posted: 9/21/2016 1:11:19 PM EDT
[#6]
Just saw on TWC news that the officer was in plain clothes and reportedly had no camera on him.  d:^)  Jake..
Link Posted: 9/21/2016 1:14:24 PM EDT
[#7]
I'm in University so have had the chat with my wife about taking care when she is out and about today.

I think releasing the bodycam footage if relevant would go a long way to help quieting the situation down as otherwise I expect the agitators will be coming to town to create some commotion come the weekend evenings.
Link Posted: 9/21/2016 1:17:59 PM EDT
[#8]
The officer that shot did not have a body cam.

Video from the shooting can't be released in an ongoing investigation for the sunshine laws.

There is protesting planned again for tonight.
Link Posted: 9/21/2016 4:02:57 PM EDT
[#9]
Friends that work Uptown are getting let out of work early.  Rumor of potential protest/riots Uptown.  Anyone know?
Link Posted: 9/21/2016 4:09:00 PM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Friends that work Uptown are getting let out of work early.  Rumor of potential protest/riots Uptown.  Anyone know?
View Quote

According to the press conference held earlier they plan to "protest" again tonight.

Probably best to get out of dodge and let the tumble weeds roll.

There was mention of outside "instigators" being en route to the area also.
Link Posted: 9/21/2016 5:08:07 PM EDT
[#11]
Getting emails now about details.  Gym closed an hour ago.  Email from building saying outer doors are locked, key fob entrance only.  (they don't usually lock the doors until 11pm).
Link Posted: 9/21/2016 6:47:09 PM EDT
[#12]
Every time I see these threads, I am reminded of that scene in season one of "true detective" where Rust goes undercover with a gang that raids a house in the projects...

I can't post the clip here for COC but it's on YouTube if you don't mind language..
Link Posted: 9/21/2016 9:57:10 PM EDT
[#13]
Things getting very volatile in Uptown Charlotte now, this is crazy.

Everyone watch their six, especially tonight

https://www.facebook.com/NBCCharlotte/videos/vb.119243191450513/1269683729739781/?type=3&theater

Link Posted: 9/22/2016 7:14:35 AM EDT
[#14]
Stay Safe, Men!

...as I tell people: "When things go "sporty," why do you think they invented 30 round mags?" SIMPLE: They protect life, limb, and property.

Link Posted: 9/22/2016 9:50:08 AM EDT
[#15]
This is one of the videos I saw coming from last night, and is a great example of why I carry, as I am sure is a reason why many of you do as well.

https://www.facebook.com/lenard.s.bennett/posts/1380126515335337

Link Posted: 9/22/2016 9:54:25 AM EDT
[#16]
My daughter, her kids and her SO live very near to the college. She advised the rioting was fairly close by on the first night. She made the statement she wished she had a gun that night.

I'm wondering what a first time handgun purchaser needs to do to get one in Charlotte/N.C.. A shotgun may be a better idea but she and I will have to sort this all out.

These racial problems and her locale causes me great concern. The wife and I were hoping to move down to her home this Fall, but have had to change those plans to next Spring. Damn!
Link Posted: 9/22/2016 12:19:33 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:These racial problems and her locale causes me great concern. The wife and I were hoping to move down to her home this Fall, but have had to change those plans to next Spring. Damn!
View Quote

Seriously? I'm almost at a lossfer' words. I guess Eddy Murphy **language** was right about "white people" in some situations. Geezes.
Charlotte, Raleigh, Greensboro. **sigh** How many times have I gotta say it? That ain't North Carolina.
In cHarlotte, the dyke and the affirmative action hire C.O.P. are all wee wee'd up trying to figure out how to not interfere too much with this latest drama 'cause they secretly support them, and how to keep their cushy jobs. But hey, they got away with that and more it in Baltimore, right? Can't be too hard.
Crap,choices have consequences. Darwin ain't PC. Best of luck to y'all.  
Link Posted: 9/22/2016 2:12:30 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 9/23/2016 2:37:56 AM EDT
[#19]

More along these lines. lol.

https://youtu.be/obuZpjv9hv0?t=40s

Link Posted: 9/23/2016 1:26:10 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Have to be a resident and either have a Concealed Handgun Permit or a Pistol Purchase Permit.

Shotgun would be much easier/faster to acquire.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'm wondering what a first time handgun purchaser needs to do to get one in Charlotte/N.C.. A shotgun may be a better idea but she and I will have to sort this all out.

Have to be a resident and either have a Concealed Handgun Permit or a Pistol Purchase Permit.

Shotgun would be much easier/faster to acquire.

Thanks. Sounds like Mich.
Link Posted: 9/24/2016 8:17:47 AM EDT
[#21]
Gotta say, I saw the vid of the dips unloading that trailer on 85. Hell, that's more work than any of them have done their whole lives.

Edited...VA-gunnut

Link Posted: 9/24/2016 11:21:58 AM EDT
[#22]
I am hereby offering weekend security for cheap rates.

Rates vary depending on the hotness of women.
Link Posted: 10/1/2016 9:58:25 PM EDT
[#23]
Man, the past week or so certainly has been something.
Link Posted: 10/1/2016 10:19:28 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Man, the past week or so certainly has been something.
View Quote

Yeah, up on the way to Madison I passed a state trooper checkpoint, my initial thought was "shouldn't you be down in Charlotte dealing with punks?"

They were nice enough, just checked vehicle stickers and I was on my way... I was worried since I had an AR upper in the seat beside me though.. Was going to shop for optics but Kens gun store was closed today..
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top