Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/17/2016 9:29:45 AM EDT
If you have seen the limited news about this, one supply line to our area is down for repairs.

One thing I know for sure, I saw a handful of stations in my area completely out of fuel waiting on fuel being trucked in from Charleston.
Link Posted: 9/17/2016 3:24:02 PM EDT
[#1]
What part of the state are you in?
Link Posted: 9/17/2016 7:07:02 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/17/2016 9:32:20 PM EDT
[#3]
Just went to the gas station in Union grove and the had gas and the tanker topped them off today.

We topped off and have 10 five gallon cans, so at 41 MPG on the Honda that's 471 miles on what I just filled up on and a

additional 2050 miles with the cans.

and my Tahoe and Toyota are topped off, since i'm retired that could last us 2-3 months
Link Posted: 9/19/2016 8:02:47 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
What part of the state are you in?
View Quote

South of Charlotte.

Getting fuel is a little spotty but no biggie, prices up .20-.25 cents a gallon.
Link Posted: 9/19/2016 8:04:57 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Just went to the gas station in Union grove and the had gas and the tanker topped them off today.

We topped off and have 10 five gallon cans, so at 41 MPG on the Honda that's 471 miles on what I just filled up on and a
additional 2050 miles with the cans.

and my Tahoe and Toyota are topped off, since i'm retired that could last us 2-3 months
View Quote

Smart thinking. I keep everything full or close to it anyway. including the tractor, mower, etc.
Link Posted: 9/19/2016 1:50:22 PM EDT
[#6]
Between yesterday evening ( Sunday) and noon today ( Monday) I found 3 gas stations out of 10 that had fuel and one of the 3 was running out fast.

Most everyone that I have talked to said they were on their third or fourth stop looking for fuel.
Link Posted: 9/19/2016 2:25:30 PM EDT
[#7]

When I got to work this morning there was a tanker at the Speedway station next to my office unloading.  and with lines out into the road blocking my driveway all morning they finally ran out at 1:00.  Only thing they have left is diesel.  There are 5 stations within 3/4 of a mile of my office and everyone is out.
Link Posted: 9/19/2016 4:40:32 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

When I got to work this morning there was a tanker at the Speedway station next to my office unloading.  and with lines out into the road blocking my driveway all morning they finally ran out at 1:00.  Only thing they have left is diesel.  There are 5 stations within 3/4 of a mile of my office and everyone is out.
View Quote

What town / city?
Link Posted: 9/19/2016 6:34:07 PM EDT
[#9]
Crap. I've only got a quarter tank in my truck. Y'all know of any stations in north raleigh that still have gas?
Link Posted: 9/19/2016 6:44:04 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Crap. I've only got a quarter tank in my truck. Y'all know of any stations in north raleigh that still have gas?
View Quote

Not good....
Link Posted: 9/19/2016 7:07:58 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Not good....
View Quote

I only have to commute like four miles and I never go anywhere or do anything, so it'll last me a week or two, but I don't like it.

I friggin knew I should have filled up on saturday.
Link Posted: 9/19/2016 8:57:47 PM EDT
[#12]
Hell I musta missed somethin. I drug the tractor to the hunt club up near Ellerbe Friday morning and filled up in Rockingham en route.
Stayed till Sunday morning and filled up in town before loading up and headin back to the coast.
Stopped and got fuel where I needed. Haven't heard anything about it 'cept here.
But can't say I've been paying much attention lately as the elections are getting wayyyy long in the tooth.    d:^)  Jake..
Link Posted: 9/20/2016 1:14:06 AM EDT
[#13]
My father-in-law had a 300 gal diesel tank and a 200 gal regular gas tank buried in his yard.  Had two pumps in the Garage.  I don't know exactly how he filled them, because I only found out about them when I was cleaning the area to build a shed.  He would advise his daughter to always keep half a tank of gas.  Of course, that was in Alaska, so it might have saved their behinds if they had ever needed to use them.

I alternate 5-gallon cans for the Mower, so I have a few gallons around most of the time.  I will be rethinking my strategy, though.  I can walk to the supermarket and being semi-retired, I don't really have anywhere else that I HAVE to go to in the next 40 years or so.
Link Posted: 9/20/2016 4:54:54 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

I only have to commute like four miles and I never go anywhere or do anything, so it'll last me a week or two, but I don't like it.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Not good....

My shop is 2.5 miles from the house, sometimes I walk/run to or from. Half the time a bicycle would work for me but someone would probably run over me.

I really don't go anywhere but work, maybe venture into town a few times a week. I always keep everything full of fuel, I hate not being prepared.
Link Posted: 9/20/2016 7:35:01 AM EDT
[#15]
I live near the port of Wilmingtion and lots of gas stations are out of gas in our area.  The port is lined up for about a mile with tanker trucks waiting for fuel.  The tanks at the port can only have so much fuel.  Its going to get interesting over the next few weeks.
Link Posted: 9/20/2016 9:00:52 AM EDT
[#16]
Went to the GoGas on beach rd in Southport this morning to fill up the cans for the lawn mower.
They had everything still flowing. There was a note on the pump about them bringing in fuel from other states or some such.  
Miz Kris filled up with 93 in BSL on her way to work this morning but said the Handy Hugo on 17 was out.  

Somehow I'm still thinking this is a media induced thing with a side of stupidity.
But the ol' Tin Foil Hat always lurks in the closet.   d:^)  Jake..
Link Posted: 9/20/2016 9:52:22 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Went to the GoGas on beach rd in Southport this morning to fill up the cans for the lawn mower.
They had everything still flowing. There was a note on the pump about them bringing in fuel from other states or some such.  
Miz Kris filled up with 93 in BSL on her way to work this morning but said the Handy Hugo on 17 was out.  

Somehow I'm still thinking this is a media induced thing with a side of stupidity.
But the ol' Tin Foil Hat always lurks in the closet.   d:^)  Jake..
View Quote

In Raleigh the problem is much more pronounced. We don't have a port nearby delivering fuel.
Link Posted: 9/20/2016 10:27:37 AM EDT
[#18]
Everything on the way home last night and most of the gas stations near my apartment were drained, but on the way in it looks like at least a couple of the stations had gas. Maybe they got overnight deliveries, or maybe they don't turn the price on their sign off the way the Sheetz does when they're out of go-juice. Guess I'll meander around and look at lunchtime.
Link Posted: 9/20/2016 11:05:07 AM EDT
[#19]
I have only seen the big chain stores run out so far. I wonder if they were given orders from corporate to slow their roll? Most stations here still have gas, and I think the sheetz and Walmart stations are selling it again now.
Link Posted: 9/20/2016 1:54:50 PM EDT
[#20]
Driving down to Greensboro right now for work at a Duke plant.

Any of you guys got info on fuel available in the area? We are staying by the airport.

So far on I-81 in ( Mt Jackson as of this post) Virginia we haven't had any problems topping off the Silver ay Do.

Link Posted: 9/20/2016 8:29:38 PM EDT
[#21]
WRAL said the bypass on the pipeline is supposed to be good to go by wednesday, and then they'll work on permanent repairs. I assume that means trucks will be delivering by friday or saturday? I don't know why I assume that, I have no idea how fast petroleum products in pipelines flow, but it seems like a reasonable speed.

Checked all the other gas stations near my office today, no joy. Saw one BP on southbound Capital Blvd that had a line of cars, gonna try there after I leave the office.
Link Posted: 9/20/2016 9:19:17 PM EDT
[#22]
Just got back from a burger joint called Hops? Past the airport and the mall. BP had open pumps, sunoco on 68 and a Sheetz were not pumping.

Ironic i drove by the tank farm with the pipeline logo on it...

Good buffalo burger by the way with a nice porter.
Link Posted: 9/20/2016 9:39:10 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
BP had open pumps, sunoco on 68 and a Sheetz were not pumping.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

That's useful. I'll check the BPs on the way home. Thanks, cav!

That is also useful, but not tonight.
Link Posted: 9/20/2016 9:43:42 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 9/21/2016 12:08:39 AM EDT
[#25]
Gastonia area here, and many of our local places are out. Some have premium, some have the pumps shut down completely. I was out of town this past weekend and filled up as soon as I got back. I avg 36 miles roundtrip to work each day, and don't have to go out of my way to get anywhere else in the next week or so.

Hopefully we're up and running by the weekend.
Link Posted: 9/21/2016 12:21:19 AM EDT
[#26]
Wilmington.

Plenty of stations still have gas, but I fear that will be short lived; as a few are already dry.
Link Posted: 9/21/2016 12:48:02 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I havent been down Greensboro way in a while, but my guys have. We find the good places to eat. Long drives and 2-3 week long trips are connduive to expense accoubt hammering.

one thing we noticed. Premium is more available.
Link Posted: 9/21/2016 12:48:30 AM EDT
[#28]
Checked a couple BPs on the way home from work based on what Cav said - BP on Atlantic near Spring Forest had 87 and nothing else, BP on Durant near Falls River Ave had nothing at all.
Link Posted: 9/21/2016 7:32:49 AM EDT
[#29]
It just shows how fragile our way of life and infrastructure are. I'm the first to admit it, I love my flushing pot, hot shower, coffee maker,  diesel truck, power tools, etc. etc.

With all fuel trucked in a tanker holds around 8k gallons of fuel, which is a drop in the old bucket. My wife manages a large chain station (which I have a huge dislike for, their fuel sucks BTW). They usually get 2-3 loads per day. They can sell that faster than one would think.

I pulled into my regular spot yesterday they had no gas but plenty of diesel. I topped off the old 7.3 PS, it took 6 gallons. Went into town and a couple stations had gas, there were plenty of cars at the pumps. The idiots that usually get $5 worth once or twice a day now suddenly feel the urge to fill up.

Link Posted: 9/21/2016 9:57:31 AM EDT
[#30]
This site tracks availability based on user reports. If you zoom in to your area, you should be able to see which stations have gas.

http://tracker.gasbuddy.com/
Link Posted: 9/21/2016 1:54:31 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 9/25/2016 8:05:21 PM EDT
[#32]
It seems a lot of stations in my area are running low, regular fuel only if not out completely. Again....

Who knows?

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top