Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/6/2016 11:46:08 AM EDT
Simple Shoot House - Pistol 22-23 October 2016 Autryville NC

http://defensiveconceptsnc.com

The Simple Shoot House – Pistol course is a 2 day tactics-based class that is designed to teach students the fundamental principles needed to safely work alone in a fully ballistic shoot house with a handgun. These skills translate to the real world use in home defense, active shooter, and other violent situations that happen inside of a building. Skills that will be worked on during the course include: use of angles, visual clearing techniques, and shoot/no shoot decision making. This class isn’t designed to make a you a better shooter; instead it is designed to make you a better problem solver.

This course mandates the use of body armor capable of stopping service caliber handgun projectiles (9mm, .40, .45, etc). If you lack access to armor, contact us to set up the use of loaner armor.

Class Date: 22-23 October 2016

Duration: 2 Days (at least 16 hours total). Class starts at 0900

Cost: $425

Primary Instructor: Chris (Bio)

Equipment Requirements:

Students will need:

1 Handgun (semi auto or revolver) with a Minimum of 2 Magazines or Speedloaders
Holster
A Sturdy Gunbelt and Spare Magazine Pouch/Carrier
50 Rounds of Frangible Ammunition (We can provide sources for ammunition if needed)
Pen/Pencil and Paper
Ear and Eye Protection
Body armor (loaner armor available)

If you are interested in enrolling in this course please sign up via our online enrollment process

Schedule and Registration

Note: This is a tactics based course; not a marksmanship course. If you are unable to safely and accurately engage targets at room distances your live fire opportunities may be restricted based on the judgement of the training staff.

If you have any questions about the course feel free to email me. [email protected]

The discount code Masterblaster is valid for this course.  Use it during checkout and receive a 20% discount
Link Posted: 7/9/2016 12:35:27 AM EDT
[#1]
Sounds like a great class, but is the 50rd total correct for both days? I understand it being a tactics course primarily, which is very important when dealing with a situation alone, but I am curious. Thanks
Link Posted: 7/9/2016 8:38:51 PM EDT
[#2]
Yep; 50 rounds will get you through both days unless you are a bullet hoser.  Shoot house classes should be low round count since you are drilling the tactics side of the house (working angles, determine who needs to be shot and who doesnt, verbalization, search speeds, ready positions, etc.). I once took a week long CQB class and we only shot roughly 150 through the carbine and pistol combined. However we were freaking exhausted at the end due to the constant mental strain and making sure we didn't screw up.

50 rounds doesn't sound like much by anyone that had done this class with us will tell you that you work your butt off during the weekend.

Btw you can always bring more ammo if you want  
Link Posted: 7/11/2016 12:50:41 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Yep; 50 rounds will get you through both days unless you are a bullet hoser.  Shoot house classes should be low round count since you are drilling the tactics side of the house (working angles, determine who needs to be shot and who doesnt, verbalization, search speeds, ready positions, etc.). I once took a week long CQB class and we only shot roughly 150 through the carbine and pistol combined. However we were freaking exhausted at the end due to the constant mental strain and making sure we didn't screw up.

50 rounds doesn't sound like much by anyone that had done this class with us will tell you that you work your butt off during the weekend.

View Quote

10-4, I can understand the mental aspect of it all being very draining. That's a long day in the saddle constantly being on the edge and focused.

Question about how your rental PCs work, cost/etc. You can PM me with these details if need be, thanks.
Link Posted: 7/11/2016 1:41:29 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

10-4, I can understand the mental aspect of it all being very draining. That's a long day in the saddle constantly being on the edge and focused.

Question about how your rental PCs work, cost/etc. You can PM me with these details if need be, thanks.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Just contact us if you need a PC/Dome of obedience....$15/weekend
Link Posted: 7/13/2016 1:09:45 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I get to rock out the domepiece too? I might make InstaGram Elite Operator status afterall
Link Posted: 7/13/2016 9:02:26 PM EDT
[#6]
The dome is only required in the carbine and 2 man classes but you can use one in the pistol classes if you want.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top