Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/22/2016 1:27:13 PM EDT
Are any of you guys following this bill? It just past the first reading and is moving along to be voted on, It is a constitutional carry type bill. I breezed through all 20 pages and it looks pretty good. I like the fact that it will keep CCH permits for ease of purchase too!
Google NC HB 1148

I may just be late to the party but I thought some of you guys might be interested.

Chris
Link Posted: 6/22/2016 2:00:03 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 6/22/2016 2:03:23 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Permits also needed for reciprocity.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I like the fact that it will keep CCH permits for ease of purchase too!

Permits also needed for reciprocity.

True that.
Link Posted: 6/24/2016 1:29:26 AM EDT
[#3]
I still cant help but be bothered by the "training" thing. I know lots of people who own guns that have no business carrying them, from a safety aspect. It only takes one class to see that there are many people out there with firearms that don't know how to operate them properly or safely.

Granted the CCW instruction isn't a Tier 1 Operator course obviously, but at least it familiarizes the person with their weapon and instructs them how to operate it safely.
Link Posted: 6/24/2016 7:17:46 AM EDT
[#4]
Agreed, I was relieved that there were no ND's at the CCW class I took. Some were a bit sketchy.
Link Posted: 6/24/2016 7:38:28 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

I still cant help but be bothered by the "training" thing. I know lots of people who own guns that have no business carrying them, from a safety aspect. It only takes one class to see that there are many people out there with firearms that don't know how to operate them properly or safely.

Granted the CCW instruction isn't a Tier 1 Operator course obviously, but at least it familiarizes the person with their weapon and instructs them how to operate it safely.
View Quote
While I share the same sentiment on training, the carry class I took years ago was basically merely a test to show you could handle a firearm without shooting yourself, it wasn't "training".

Ultimately I'm for this bill, because it removes a hurdle to legal self defense, and a few other irritants. For example, my wife has never gotten a permit (despite my attempts to get her to apply for one), but knows how to handle a firearm. If she decided one morning that she wants to be armed on her morning walks due to suspicious neighborhood activity, she couldn't because she has to wait several months for the entire permit process before being able to do so. Another example, I leave a handgun in my truck, so legally she can't borrow the truck on a whim without first removing the handgun, or else she's "illegally carrying". The second one isn't a huge deal, but it is something we have to keep in mind. This would fix both of those issues.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top