Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/4/2016 5:49:57 PM EDT
Everywhere I go, there are bums on the corners with signs hitting folks up for money...

Not just the Walmarts, but Hanes mall, SAMs club, steakhouse parking lots, etc...

I think you should be allowed to mace people like that...

I just keep on walking but the girl I was with got mad at me because she stopped to give him a few bucks.

I work over forty hours a week in the heat with people so idiotic that they could make Jesus regret coming to earth, so anyone just trying to guilt me into things pisses me off to no end..
Link Posted: 6/5/2016 1:33:51 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:

I think you should be allowed to mace people like that...

View Quote

wait, you cant do that?
Link Posted: 6/5/2016 4:13:56 AM EDT
[#2]
Portland, Oregon encourages homelessness.  You get treated better there if you're homeless than if you try to work.
Link Posted: 6/5/2016 8:24:30 AM EDT
[#3]
Asheville gets pretty bad in the summer. In the winter time I'll usually give a few bucks out here and there because if it's cold as balls and they're begging I know they need it. I think people come here in the summer from other places just to beg.
Link Posted: 6/5/2016 10:06:49 AM EDT
[#4]
We don't have that problem out here in the sticks.
Link Posted: 6/6/2016 12:55:27 PM EDT
[#5]
All part of that down home, neighborly, prosperous, up an coming feel the city council and managers office are always promoting.
They're just being neighborly bro, share some of that 40 hr a week prosperity would ya

Seriously, who doesn't like feeling like they might get mugged walking in to get dinner?
Link Posted: 6/7/2016 9:34:44 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 6/7/2016 10:56:53 PM EDT
[#7]
Greensboro is just as bad.
Link Posted: 6/8/2016 12:16:21 AM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

Fact
Link Posted: 6/9/2016 3:32:20 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Fact

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Fact

Word. Every exit off the highway has its own crew working it.

Link Posted: 6/20/2016 5:59:58 PM EDT
[#10]
Word. Every exit off the highway has its own crew working it.  
View Quote

We used to call'em the "bridge dwellers" when I lived in GSO.
And yeah, Winston is nasty. Used to live up in Pinnacle at the foot of Pilot Mountain and hated having to go down there.
I always thought of it as "Little Jersey South".  Did they ever get 52 completed?  d:^)  Jake..
Link Posted: 6/26/2016 8:45:15 AM EDT
[#11]
I like how Winston-Salem makes the "professional beggers" get a little ID card with their mug and name on it........Local Dems' seem to think that this is a way of keeping track of how many "homeless" we have. I always love driving up to them and you see them talking on their cell phone while begging for money, their car usually not too far away............
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top