Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/24/2016 9:35:37 PM EDT
Driving down June 6th, Have the 7th & 8th to goof around and driving back home the 9th.

I don't really have anything specific in mind. I would like to get some good BBQ though.
Link Posted: 5/24/2016 9:51:43 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 5/25/2016 3:04:42 AM EDT
[#2]
Yes, Asheville is definitely very different from most of NC so keep that in mind. If you like good food and beer(who doesn't!), there are tons of breweries and cool little places to eat downtown. Its easy enough to just park in the deck and go exploring, most places have bar type food or small apps or plates that you can share, along with flights to sample the regions awesome local beers.
Link Posted: 5/25/2016 9:27:47 AM EDT
[#3]
Damn, I thought for sure I could find some good bbq. Shows how much this yankee knows.
Link Posted: 5/25/2016 12:23:37 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 5/25/2016 8:30:37 PM EDT
[#5]
Sierra Nevada Brewery, 12 Bones BBQ, Moe's BBQ
Link Posted: 5/26/2016 10:31:43 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

12 Bones is one of the places I was thinking about going to.
Link Posted: 5/26/2016 11:29:36 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Don't bother.  They sold out a few years ago and the quality went downhill.

Good BBQ means you are going to Buxton Hall over in the south slope brewery district.  There are about five breweries and one kick-ass donut shop within walking distance.
It's down east style FWIW.
Link Posted: 5/26/2016 3:08:48 PM EDT
[#8]
If you are up for a little drive there is a town named Todd.  Super small town but it's on the river.  There is a local company that does fishing and float trips on the river if you have an extra day.  Totally worth it.  Company is River girl fishing company.  It's beautiful country.  enjoy.
Link Posted: 5/26/2016 3:39:36 PM EDT
[#9]
recommend Sunny Point Café on Haywood Street and Stada Italian in the downtown area. Biltmore is an option for a day if you have not been there before.

Asheville is very granola and pierced and liberated sexually. It truly is an aberration in western NC.
Link Posted: 5/26/2016 10:19:46 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Good BBQ means you are going to Buxton Hall over in the south slope brewery district.  There are about five breweries and one kick-ass donut shop within walking distance.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Whoa, Buxton Hall looks pretty good.
Link Posted: 5/28/2016 9:33:53 PM EDT
[#11]
Early  Girl has wonderful breakfasts and all the employees are indies. The Moose at the farmers market has killer southern country food.
Link Posted: 6/2/2016 8:24:13 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Early  Girl has wonderful breakfasts and all the employees are indies. The Moose at the farmers market has killer southern country food.
View Quote

forgot about Early Girl,, you are correct. Parking is a hassle on weekends but the food is fine.
Link Posted: 6/5/2016 6:49:37 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
If you are up for a little drive there is a town named Todd.  Super small town but it's on the river.  There is a local company that does fishing and float trips on the river if you have an extra day.  Totally worth it.  Company is River girl fishing company.  It's beautiful country.  enjoy.
View Quote

Todd? Like way the hell over in Ashe County Todd?

That's not a short drive from Asheville, plus "no way to get there from here".

Link Posted: 6/6/2016 2:25:33 PM EDT
[#14]
Pritchard park downtown where you can get a lifetime viewing of man buns, beta males, bums, and open drug deals.  The rest of Asheville away from the central hipster district is really beautiful though.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top