Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/8/2016 1:57:46 PM EDT
Never hunted anything besides bargains and want to try it.

Googled some guided places but they were like $10,000 and hoping to find something way cheaper...I'm a NC resident for crying out loud...
Link Posted: 5/8/2016 2:36:30 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Never hunted anything besides bargains and want to try it.

Googled some guided places but they were like $10,000 and hoping to find something way cheaper...I'm a NC resident for crying out loud...
View Quote

come sit on my porch and drink some beer and wait.

that F***er keeps tearing thru my fence to get to my trash and shes gonna find herself in that damn trash can
Link Posted: 5/8/2016 2:41:35 PM EDT
[#2]
You joke, but I would do just that before paying ten grand.... And I'd even let you have one of the bear steaks for your  trouble.
Link Posted: 5/8/2016 5:44:01 PM EDT
[#3]

Don't know where you are located, but check out Conman's Hunting Guide servcice.  http://conmans.homestead.com/
Link Posted: 5/8/2016 6:13:14 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Don't know where you are located, but check out Conman's Hunting Guide servcice.  http://conmans.homestead.com/
View Quote

Interesting.., I wonder how much if it includes cleaning the bear or getting the hide converted to blanket... Making the head into a hat... Like to see HR lady's reaction to that.
Link Posted: 5/10/2016 12:18:08 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 5/10/2016 3:47:20 PM EDT
[#6]

Strict rules on hunting hogs on gamelands:

1.  Cannot night hunt...only from 30 minutes before sunrise to 30 minutes after sunset.
2.  No Sunday hunting
3.  Can only hog hunt if there is an open season on some species of game animal that is legal to hunt on the gameland.
4.  Can only hog hunt with whatever weapon is legal to hunt a game animal that is in season on the gameland.  So, for example, during turkey season you could only use a bow or a shotgun.  During deer bow season you could only use a bow, not a firearm unless something else was open and legal to hunt on the gameland then you could use whatever weapon was legal for that hunting.

Right now and until September there is no open season on any game animal on any gamelands in NC, so no hog hunting on Gamelands until September.  Also, to hunt on a gameland you must have a NC hunting license and a NC gameland license/permit.  If you have a Sportsman's license or a lifetime license, then the gameland license is included with those.

Here it is from the regs:

From one-half hour before sunrise until one-half hour after
sunset, properly licensed hunters may take feral hogs on game
lands during the open season for any game animal using any
legal manner of take allowed during those open game seasons.
Dogs may be used for hunting feral hogs only on those game
lands where the use of dogs is allowed for hunting deer or bear
and only during the open applicable deer or bear season

AND

GAME LANDS LICENSE The Game Lands License is required,
in addition to the appropriate hunting or trapping license, to
hunt, trap, train dogs using wildlife or participate in field trials
using wildlife on any game land. (The Game Lands License is
included with some lifetime or sportsman’s licenses.) A special
permit may be required for some species on these areas. For
commission-sanctioned field trials using wildlife scheduled on
game lands by the Wildlife Resources Commission, judges are
exempt and active participants (defined as anyone who handles
a dog or uses a firearm) in possession of hunting licenses from
their own states may participate without the license. For any
other game land field trial using wildlife, both judges and active
participants must possess a game lands license or other North
Carolina license which conveys the game land use privilege. Persons
who are observing only at field trials do not need any license
Link Posted: 5/10/2016 11:34:35 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 5/11/2016 3:48:34 AM EDT
[#8]
I pretty much don't know crap about bear hunting, but there are a bunch of little bear hunt camps up in Pisgah Natl Forest. They even close some of the seasonal trails around that area during season to keep people away.

We've been mountain biking through there twice, pretty spooky for some reason.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top