Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/30/2016 11:07:03 PM EDT
http://www.northcarolinasportsman.com/details.php?id=5771http://www.northcarolinasportsman.com/details.php?id=5771
Link Posted: 3/31/2016 11:57:54 AM EDT
[#1]
That's awesome. Does anybody know if they have a no nfa policy? Rankin lake in Gastonia won't let me shoot suppressed.
Link Posted: 3/31/2016 12:55:27 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 4/2/2016 9:14:23 AM EDT
[#3]
I cant wait, thats about 40 min drive for me. looks like they'll be able to handle a crowd. im tired of having to wait over an hour for a bench at the Cold Mtn range.
Link Posted: 4/2/2016 6:24:44 PM EDT
[#4]

Any word on the target situation?

Do shooters bring their own targets, backer boards and a stand of some kind?

Link Posted: 4/4/2016 11:06:33 PM EDT
[#5]
would anybody be interested in a arf.com hometown range day when this place opens?
Link Posted: 4/4/2016 11:18:17 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
That's awesome. Does anybody know if they have a no nfa policy? Rankin lake in Gastonia won't let me shoot suppressed.
View Quote

Yeah, they told me the same thing, that was the one and only time I ever went. I'm very near Crowders Mountain, I can't wait to check this place out. Keeping my fingers crossed.
Link Posted: 4/6/2016 3:57:23 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Any word on the target situation?

Do shooters bring their own targets, backer boards and a stand of some kind?

View Quote

From what a coworker was telling me tonight, you have to buy their targets and he believed you had to "rent" their backer/stand to hold the targets. Seems like a money racket to me, and the prices are on the high side. But for the location and not having anything around closer than ~1hr or so, they can probably get away with it. He said $10 to shoot skeet, which I cant believe is only 1 round because that's highway robbery, so not sure what you get for that price. Will update with any new information if I talk to him again.
Link Posted: 4/6/2016 12:50:08 PM EDT
[#8]
I'm torn about this range.

I have one 20 minutes from me that goes out to 300 yards, but isn't open on Sundays since I'm not a member.

The Shelby range will also be about 20 minutes away and will be open on Sunday. Range goes to 250 yards.

There is another range in Gaffney, SC run by the county near the Broad River South of I-85 that's free, but only goes to 100 yards.
Link Posted: 4/7/2016 8:15:19 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Yeah, they told me the same thing, that was the one and only time I ever went. I'm very near Crowders Mountain, I can't wait to check this place out. Keeping my fingers crossed.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Then we are almost neighbors. I hit the backside trail 2-3 mornings per week.
Link Posted: 4/16/2016 8:25:42 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'm GasVegas area also.
Link Posted: 4/17/2016 3:36:09 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I'm GasVegas area also.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm GasVegas area also.

KM here too, closer to the GateWay Trail than to Crowders.
Link Posted: 4/17/2016 1:23:32 PM EDT
[#12]
I'm right between Cherryville and KM.
Link Posted: 4/18/2016 8:14:45 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

I'm right between Cherryville and KM.
View Quote
Range is between Waco and Cherryville.

I'm between Bessemer and Dallas.
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 5:48:15 AM EDT
[#14]
Yessir, been around here all except four years of my life.

Funny story, eating with my wife in Shelby a couple years ago when the conversation somehow steered to Bessemer City. She says that her cousin was a secretary in an FBI field office there.

I laughed til I thought I would soil my pants. Why on God's green Earth would they have an office in BC? Are they investigating outlaw moped gangs? Effects of DWI's vs. inbreeding?

When you hit the city limits you can hear Dueling Banjo's and crickets.
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 4:52:02 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Funny story, eating with my wife in Shelby a couple years ago when the conversation somehow steered to Bessemer City. She says that her cousin was a secretary in an FBI field office there.

I laughed til I thought I would soil my pants. Why on God's green Earth would they have an office in BC? Are they investigating outlaw moped gangs? Effects of DWI's vs. inbreeding?

View Quote
I've been here 10 years, I don't get most of the hatred of this town.
Rednecks are still rednecks anywhere, ghetto is still ghetto, and the trailer park is well out of town.

Link Posted: 4/20/2016 1:56:55 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I've been here 10 years, I don't get most of the hatred of this town.Rednecks are still rednecks anywhere, ghetto is still ghetto, and the trailer park is well out of town.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I've been here 10 years, I don't get most of the hatred of this town.Rednecks are still rednecks anywhere, ghetto is still ghetto, and the trailer park is well out of town.

Haters gotta have something to hate on brother. I live in KM, right beside Bessemer and don't get it either. I mean, we're all from the south so we're all rednecks, whats the point?
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 7:26:43 PM EDT
[#17]

Has anyone been to this range?

I have a few questions

Link Posted: 4/20/2016 10:04:45 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 9:27:59 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

I haven't, but several of the guys from CSC were there yesterday. Not sure if you're a member over there or not...but some discussion and pics here.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Has anyone been to this range?

I have a few questions

I haven't, but several of the guys from CSC were there yesterday. Not sure if you're a member over there or not...but some discussion and pics here.

Yeah, I'm a member of CSC but I haven't been on the site much of late.

Thanks for the link.

Link Posted: 4/25/2016 6:51:36 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Haters gotta have something to hate on brother. I live in KM, right beside Bessemer and don't get it either. I mean, we're all from the south so we're all rednecks, whats the point?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Just kidding around. I have friends that live in BC. Just amazed that the feds would have an office there.
Link Posted: 4/30/2016 6:18:00 PM EDT
[#21]
I saw where the guy who has a house downrange of the rifle range is complaining of bullets flying over his house.

Rifle range was closed for repairs and $20,000 worth of work done to raise berms.
Link Posted: 4/30/2016 7:26:20 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
I saw where the guy who has a house downrange of the rifle range is complaining of bullets flying over his house.

Rifle range was closed for repairs and $20,000 worth of work done to raise berms.
View Quote

Seriously?

Already?  Wow

Link Posted: 5/3/2016 10:05:38 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
Seriously?

Already?  Wow

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Seriously?

Already?  Wow

From design of the range, it would be impossible to send rounds over the existing berm, I think the person making the claims is lying to get the range shut down.
Link Posted: 5/3/2016 6:49:21 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 5/4/2016 1:11:10 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Except that from the story posted elsewhere, a range employee was at the claimant's house when rounds came over, and immediately went back and shut it down.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
From design of the range, it would be impossible to send rounds over the existing berm, I think the person making the claims is lying to get the range shut down.

Except that from the story posted elsewhere, a range employee was at the claimant's house when rounds came over, and immediately went back and shut it down.

Never know who's side to believe, but I heard from an employee at the range that no one official had been to the house to investigate. So if that is the case, the part about the range employee witnessing flying projectiles personally was made up to get the range shut down.

Ive been to the range and looked at it, its almost physically impossible to shoot over the berm. Only reasoning I can see to make it at all possible is that a few rounds shot short of the 200yd targets hit the ground and ricocheted up and over the berm. But even that is pretty highly unlikely, especially when the man claims that many rounds are whizzing by the house in question.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top