Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/6/2016 11:02:31 PM EDT
Guys I use to reload 20 years ago.  I only ever reloaded 40SW.  I still have all my equipment.  Just haven't used it in years.   I'm thinking about starting again.  I just have no clue what good prices are as far as primers, bullets, brass are now.  There was a lot of reloading stuff at the Greensboro show last weekend.  I glanced at it but moved on.  So what are reasonable prices on that stuff these days?  I always used Winchester 231 powder when I reloaded for the 40.  It worked great back then.  I shoot more 9mm now though.  I bought some cases of Blazer Brass from Quantico last weekend for $210 a case.   What can one expect to spend in order to reload a 1000 rounds of say 9mm or 40 these days roughly.  Thanks for any and all info.
Link Posted: 2/6/2016 11:48:17 PM EDT
[#1]
Titegroup, Bullseye, and Power Pistol is what I use for 9mm. Anywhere under $30 for pound of powder or 1000 primers is decent IMO. Check out Powdervalley.com for good deals.
Link Posted: 2/7/2016 11:00:19 AM EDT
[#2]
By username and mention of GSO show, I'm guessing you're near enough Kernersville. Go to Lucky13 Bullets, your money will spend itself.
Honestly not a whole lot of savings in 9mm, but you can tailor your loads for accuracy and recoil characteristics.
Primers $29 per k, lb of Titegroup $21, 147gr 9mm Zombies $78 per k
$.03 per primer, $.01 per 3.2gr, $.08 per bullet = $.12 per round, $120 per k; figure tax will bump it another $10, plated instead of coated is another $10-15 or so, what's your time worth?
Makes a fairly accurate low recoiling minor PF load.

Lighter bullets cost slightly less, but take more powder, and if you're chasing velocity may cost just a little more.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top