Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/20/2015 5:29:15 PM EDT

These people never get things right: http://www.wral.com/before-the-story-airs-wral-investigates-legal-way-to-get-nfa-weapons-without-atf-scrutiny/15122946/
Link Posted: 11/20/2015 7:05:14 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:

These people never get things right: http://www.wral.com/before-the-story-airs-wral-investigates-legal-way-to-get-nfa-weapons-without-atf-scrutiny/15122946/
View Quote

HTMLified: http://www.wral.com/before-the-story-airs-wral-investigates-legal-way-to-get-nfa-weapons-without-atf-scrutiny/15122946/

To be precise, they are looking for gun owners and lawyers as experts so they can put together a story.  I don't see any problem with that, but I know they'll still get the story wrong if and when it airs.  They are always looking for loopholes, but the loopholes are not in the law, they are in the stupid, senseless rules that are spelled out in the laws.
Link Posted: 11/21/2015 9:38:55 PM EDT
[#2]
Story is already biased, it implies "ATF scrutiny" is being bypassed

This part is misleading, implies there's an avenue you can avoid doing the "extra paperwork"

(often called silencers) that require
extra federal paperwork and checks. Yet, there are legal avenues,
growing in popularity, to bypass buyer regulations, even if the local
sheriff objects
Link Posted: 11/21/2015 10:13:30 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

This part is misleading, implies there's an avenue you can avoid doing the "extra paperwork"

(often called silencers) that require extra federal paperwork and checks. Yet, there are legal avenues, growing in popularity, to bypass buyer regulations, even if the local sheriff objects
View Quote

This is obviously a story on trusts, corporations, and 41P bypassing the CLEO signoff.  In my opinion, the CLEO signoff has NEVER been about scrutiny by local law enforcement, it is an unfunded mandate because the ATF when CLEO came about was simply unable to conduct background checks.  In the days of NCIC and NICS, there is zero reason for CLEO signoff.  Trusts and corporations are a loophole that circumvented the de-facto and arbitrary bans that CLEO's were enforcing.  When I lived in Anchorage AK, I could not buy class 3 because the CLEO would not signoff.  I had to learn about trusts through the grapevine.  The internet popularized trusts and we are now here.  With as many people getting them through the back door, the gov'mnt wants to slam that door shut.  Sucks.
Link Posted: 11/22/2015 10:45:09 PM EDT
[#4]
Tune in Monday at 1800 for the aired story.  Based on their commercials they are going to be attacking gun owners.  I'm sure it will make us all out to look like murderers in waiting.
Link Posted: 11/23/2015 4:23:21 AM EDT
[#5]
I can see this going super well

WRAL better be careful before it looses half its viewers
Link Posted: 11/23/2015 4:24:34 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

(often called silencers) that require extra federal paperwork and checks. Yet, there are legal avenues, growing in popularity, to bypass buyer regulations, even if the local sheriff objects
View Quote

To give us some hope I know for a fact they interviewed one of the guys who works at Fuquay Gun and Gold, if anyone is gonna give our side of it in a good way it'll be him.
Link Posted: 11/23/2015 5:16:05 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 11/23/2015 10:28:33 PM EDT
[#8]
... well THAT was an idiotic news story.  Here is GRNC's response.  I cannot believe that a human being with a double-digit IQ can put so many lies in an story as did WRAL and expect to get away with it.  Out and out fabrications.  Completely ignored those they interviewed.  They wrote the story first, probably based on a white paper by Bloomberg's bunch, then they just called and interviewed people for their reactions.  Didn't bother contacting GRNC or fact checking a thing.

http://www.carolinashootersclub.com/threads/grnc-alert-11-23-15-wral-lies-about-nfa-weapons.206435/

and... here's the story:  http://www.wral.com/wral-investigates-owning-high-powered-weapons-possible-without-normal-atf-oversight/15130178/
Link Posted: 11/23/2015 11:22:47 PM EDT
[#9]
I wonder if WRAL will shut down its comments section.
Link Posted: 11/24/2015 12:30:08 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I wonder if WRAL will shut down its comments section.
View Quote

Doubt it.  They don't care what we think anyway.  Really jaded by this one.  Such lazy propaganda that it's embarrassing.  You'd expect this in New York or San Francisco.
Link Posted: 11/24/2015 6:13:54 AM EDT
[#11]
They did/are getting DESTROYED in their comments. Then even pulled the banner for the story.
Link Posted: 11/24/2015 1:50:54 PM EDT
[#12]
Too bad that one of the competing networks like ABC or NBC don't take this as chum in the water and take the true path just to show how wrong wral is.
Link Posted: 11/25/2015 12:17:08 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

To give us some hope I know for a fact they interviewed one of the guys who works at Fuquay Gun and Gold, if anyone is gonna give our side of it in a good way it'll be him.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah word is it was the owner Clay..If so he'll definitely shoot it straight.
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 11:36:21 AM EDT
[#14]
This is about as false as the rest of the article:

"Harrison says he will only sign NFA applications if the buyer is a collector, researcher, police officer, in the military or if the weapon is involved in corporate security."

I heard one of HIS officers say that he couldn't get a signature.
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 2:57:27 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
This is about as false as the rest of the article:

"Harrison says he will only sign NFA applications if the buyer is a collector, researcher, police officer, in the military or if the weapon is involved in corporate security."

I heard one of HIS officers say that he couldn't get a signature.
View Quote

This has ALWAYS been the problem for NFA, however you don't have to JUST go to the Sheriff.  There are other people who can sign.  The problem is the word, "can".  The wording should be "shall" sign or just removing the requirement altogether.  The Sheriff having discretionary power over a constitutional right is criminal.  How bad would it be if you wanted to buy a pistol and went to the Sheriff and he decided that he didn't feel like letting you buy one.... oh, wait.
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 3:48:53 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 4:52:47 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
As mentioned, there's also a decent list of people to ask. Very few people in this country can't get a signature if they actually ask everybody that's authorized (this is very important for states without "shall sign" legislation).
View Quote

When I lived in Alaska, I mailed (before email) everybody I could find on the 'list' of people who could sign.  I got ZERO replies.  I went to the CLEO and could not get an appointment.  He told his flunkies that he just doesn't meet with gun nuts (paraphrase).  I intended to go down the list and confront them one by one, but they reassigned me to North Carolina, so I had to start the process over again.  I also considered moving out of the Anchorage Borough.  Believe it, I checked that Harnett county signed prior to house hunting.
Link Posted: 11/29/2015 9:56:33 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

When I lived in Alaska, I mailed (before email) everybody I could find on the 'list' of people who could sign.  I got ZERO replies.  I went to the CLEO and could not get an appointment.  He told his flunkies that he just doesn't meet with gun nuts (paraphrase).  I intended to go down the list and confront them one by one, but they reassigned me to North Carolina, so I had to start the process over again.  I also considered moving out of the Anchorage Borough.  Believe it, I checked that Harnett county signed prior to house hunting.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
As mentioned, there's also a decent list of people to ask. Very few people in this country can't get a signature if they actually ask everybody that's authorized (this is very important for states without "shall sign" legislation).

Well it is shall sign for NFA in NC now.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top