Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/15/2015 11:09:39 AM EDT
Anyone who knows exactly how many (few) guns were turned in please reply to this thread (a link would be helpful).

http://myfox8.com/2015/11/14/greensboro-police-asks-residents-to-sign-pledge-turn-in-guns/
Link Posted: 11/15/2015 11:23:58 AM EDT
[#1]
First, it says they will receive a 'small gift'.  Second, the majority of the guns they net at these 'turn-in' events are usually stolen and those that aren't are often inoperable, BB guns, or junk guns.  I think the type of people responding aren't you and I trying to comply with a legal decree nor are they gang bangers that are so moved by the request that they decide to end their life of thuggery.  This is a non-issue, in other words.  I believe you can turn a gun into ANY police department ANYWHERE in the USA without fear of prosecution. I, for one, would never test that theory.  It's comical to think that any criminal would be thinking, "Wow, if only there were an avenue to turn in my guns without fear of prosecution, I would be there TODAY!"
Link Posted: 11/15/2015 1:05:49 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
First, it says they will receive a 'small gift'.  Second, the majority of the guns they net at these 'turn-in' events are usually stolen and those that aren't are often inoperable, BB guns, or junk guns.  I think the type of people responding aren't you and I trying to comply with a legal decree nor are they gang bangers that are so moved by the request that they decide to end their life of thuggery.  This is a non-issue, in other words.  I believe you can turn a gun into ANY police department ANYWHERE in the USA without fear of prosecution. I, for one, would never test that theory.  It's comical to think that any criminal would be thinking, "Wow, if only there were an avenue to turn in my guns without fear of prosecution, I would be there TODAY!"
View Quote

I'm well aware of what kinds of guns are generally turned in at these events. My focus here is to find out how many guns were turned in at an event that for all intents gives virtually nothing in return.
Link Posted: 11/15/2015 6:22:16 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

I'm well aware of what kinds of guns are generally turned in at these events. My focus here is to find out how many guns were turned in at an event that for all intents gives virtually nothing in return.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The thing that bothers me most about these, even the paid ones, is that people are not held accountable.  What percentage are stolen?  I know that in Los Angeles County, if your gun is stolen and turned in at one of these, you can't get it back.
Link Posted: 11/16/2015 9:55:35 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 11/17/2015 6:19:36 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
You would think a few enterprising ARFCOM'rs with some extra jingle would set up a table next to them and offer $$ for some guns.  Just sayin'
View Quote

Does NC's pistol permit system throw any kind of monkey wrench into a plan like that?
Link Posted: 11/17/2015 9:24:58 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Does NC's pistol permit system throw any kind of monkey wrench into a plan like that?

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

You would think a few enterprising ARFCOM'rs with some extra jingle would set up a table next to them and offer $$ for some guns.  Just sayin'

Not if you have a valid CCW permit, then you do not need a pistol permit to acquire a handgun.

Link Posted: 11/19/2015 12:02:10 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 11/19/2015 4:35:49 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 9:56:38 PM EDT
[#9]

LOL. Great work GPD!!!
Link Posted: 11/29/2015 8:39:02 AM EDT
[#10]
I feel safer now that a knife and a bb gun are off the streets.. Are you sure GPD are not liberal relocations from NYS.. Send them up to NY they will fit right in.
Link Posted: 11/29/2015 10:01:43 PM EDT
[#11]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top