Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/26/2015 8:17:42 PM EDT
Sooooo... looking to go to church tomorrow or in the near future.  I looked and looked but I did not find a definitive answer on whether or not I can carry in church.  Can somebody point me in the right direction?  I do not like hiding behind pews while bad guys try to kill me, so I would rather not go to a gun-free church, thank you.
Link Posted: 9/26/2015 9:28:05 PM EDT
[#1]
I've said it many times in here and i think it bears repeating.

The ONLY people I have ever been directly affected by in an act of violence shooting happened at a church. My cousin was shot and get grandparents killed trying to escape a shooter at a church.

For this reason, regardless of legality, I always carry at church.

But no. Unless its posted I'm fairly certain it's OK. But I've never checked due to the reasons above.
Link Posted: 9/26/2015 10:17:44 PM EDT
[#2]
There are no statutes in NC that specifically forbid concealed carry in a church. The only two exceptions are first if the church also has a school attached as in a K-12, second if the church is posted "No Weapons".
Link Posted: 9/27/2015 2:39:31 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 10/2/2015 6:54:05 PM EDT
[#4]
I don't leave the house without, this includes, just practice going in low for the folks who like to hug!!!! I have been to more than one revival where the preacher pulled his sidearm out and placed it on the pulpit, it always gets a lot of amens!!!! You should see them go wild when the copperhead comes out!!!!
Link Posted: 10/4/2015 2:22:51 PM EDT
[#5]
While it's been years since I regularly attended church, one of the reasons I just bought a G42 and an appendix holster is so people can hug me without knowing I'm armed.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top