Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/1/2015 1:05:11 PM EDT
It's been a year and we are going earlier this time

Used to eat at nicky's in swansborro, apparently they moved and are closed or ?? (loved the fried oysters)

We will be there week after 9/11 and want seafood and beer/wine ciders etc

We normally stay in the bus at Trav-l-park, this time a hotel so we need places to eat (will do pizza across the street from the trav-l-park wine story/shop)

a great burger or maybe a tapas type place even good italian or greek

Google isn't being the most helpful and trip advisor is showing very mixed reviews for some places

Thanks
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 9:53:39 PM EDT
[#1]
Rucker Johns us always pretty busy on weekends(during peak season). I thought it was decent, but when we go we typically cook most of our own meals.
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 10:17:43 PM EDT
[#2]
I'll second Rucker Johns.  I like Jordan's for more "down home" style seafood. Smitty's Big Fish sandwich at ChowdaHeads is also a favorite of mine - I think they are a lunch only place though. And of course the DQ.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 8:23:54 AM EDT
[#3]
Jordan's for seafood.  It is on left at the intersection where the pier is at.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 8:29:41 AM EDT
[#4]
okay thanks, we always have cooked our own meals...this is a first, having to eat out
Link Posted: 9/6/2015 11:18:26 PM EDT
[#5]
From Emerald Isle travel towards Pine Knoll Shores / Atlantic Beach.  There is a little place called Big Oak.  You have got to go there and get a shrimp burger.  They have other things too.
Link Posted: 9/7/2015 6:44:03 AM EDT
[#6]
Sounds good, thanks
Link Posted: 9/8/2015 8:05:43 AM EDT
[#7]
Add to what the others said, if you want something different go to Yana's in the old part of Swansboro.  Sadly, I think that Nicky's did close.

Their artichoke heart appetizers were the deal. It moved into Swansboro then it got replaced by a meh place.
Link Posted: 9/8/2015 3:31:49 PM EDT
[#8]
yeh when they moved over at the dock/pier/mini mall thing on other side of bridge it was crappy, we actually walked out; oysters were a greasy, mushy mess...bad chef'  we paid for beer  and left

we like fried oysters and a beer for lunch, not big on breakfast, locks and bagel type stuff works and is easy to make; a mimosa for morning beach walk starts the day

thanks for all the suggestions

we bike to flipperz, hope they are still good
Link Posted: 9/11/2015 1:54:46 PM EDT
[#9]
The crab shack in salter path is what you seek.
you will thank me later
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top