Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/28/2015 12:09:15 PM EDT
Looking for some very general info on WNC fly fishing. Not looking for anyone's "honey hole", just some info on area streams in the Pisgah NF.

Anyone?
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 12:31:30 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 12:40:37 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Interactive stream map http://ncpaws.org/wrcmapbook/FishingAreas.aspx

View Quote

Yep, already got that.

Just looking for general info, first hand if possible.
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 12:47:07 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Yep, already got that.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Yep, already got that.

Ah. I go a few times a year, don't ever really catch much.
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 12:49:44 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Interactive stream map http://ncpaws.org/wrcmapbook/FishingAreas.aspx

Yep, already got that.

I live in TN and go maybe a couple of times a year. I mostly fish GSMNP, but like trying other areas, blue lines are my favorite.

Know much about N. Mills River?
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 12:53:19 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

I live in TN and go maybe a couple of times a year. I mostly fish GSMNP, but like trying other areas, blue lines are my favorite.

View Quote
Not too much. Anytime we're in that region we always stay around 276 or west of that. TONS of little streams around there though.

Link Posted: 8/28/2015 12:57:47 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Not too much. Anytime we're in that region we always stay around 276 or west of that. TONS of little streams around there though.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You nailed it. TONS of streams is right.
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 9:42:49 AM EDT
[#7]
Wilson Creek is a nice little stream.
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 10:50:26 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yes it is, from what I have been told.

I was looking for something in or near Pisgah, Wilson is up closer to Boone and I'm looking for something a bit closer to Asheville.

Thanks though!
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 10:38:11 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

I was looking for something in or near Pisgah, Wilson is up closer to Boone and I'm looking for something a bit closer to Asheville.

Thanks though!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks though!

If you really want to get technical Wilson Creek is in Pisgah Pisgah is huge at several million acres.

Depending how far you want to go Davidson River near Brevard looked pretty good to me.

I'm used to trout fishing out West in Montana and Colorado. It seems you can never really get away from the people traffic here on the East coast. However, they do stock the streams and the fish bite the same as they do out West.
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 4:31:35 AM EDT
[#10]
D
Quoted:

If you really want to get technical Wilson Creek is in Pisgah Pisgah is huge at several million acres.

Depending how far you want to go Davidson River near Brevard looked pretty good to me.

I'm used to trout fishing out West in Montana and Colorado. It seems you can never really get away from the people traffic here on the East coast. However, they do stock the streams and the fish bite the same as they do out West.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks though!

Oh, I know. I meant the Pisgah district near Brevard. Pisgah is like the Cherokee NF in TN, there's the north and south.

I have fished the Davidson, it was okay. It receives a LOT of pressure, but it is a very good stream. Since a lot of it runs beside 276, access is pretty easy. That's why I was looking at the N. Mills, parts of it are off the beaten path. I have also fished the S. Mills, which is a very nice stream as well. Caught my first Grand Slam there!

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top