Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/27/2015 1:43:31 PM EDT
Well, as fate would have it, the house that we were going to buy in SC fell thru, so we now live in Indian Trail.  

So, with that said, where are some good ranges?  Any "good to know's" regarding NC gun laws?  Or, any other nuggets of wisdom that I should know about the Charlotte area?

I'd eventually like to get back into shooting sports (IDPA, GSSF, etc.), but that probably won't be until sometime next year with everything that is going on with our move and work.

Link Posted: 8/27/2015 4:05:47 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 4:21:21 PM EDT
[#2]

Welcome to the good side of the line.
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 8:59:58 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
First, welcome.

NC is now an official "shall sign" state, if you're into NFA...although there have been some struggles to get signatures. I'd recommend Tar Heel State Firearms in Matthews.

Legal to hunt with SBRs and suppressors.

Get your concealed carry, to avoid any of the ridiculous Pistol Purchase Permits.
View Quote

You and I need to talk about this

OP welcome.  I'm the woodworker in Charlotte if you ever need a wood shop.
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 6:37:25 AM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for the welcome.  I'm planning on filing for my concealed permit as soon as we get settled in, and I get my NC driver's license.  

Link Posted: 8/28/2015 10:24:02 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Thanks for the welcome.  I'm planning on filing for my concealed permit as soon as we get settled in, and I get my NC driver's license.  

View Quote

You may want to get your state required course out of the way as soon as possible so you can apply as soon as you meet the residency requirements.
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 5:57:00 AM EDT
[#6]
Welcome to the area! Me and my wife both live and work around Indian Trail. As far ranges go, Take Aim Training Range is about the best around. It's about 30 min for where you are. If you would like to check with it out one weekend send me a PM
Link Posted: 10/1/2015 9:28:30 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

You may want to get your state required course out of the way as soon as possible so you can apply as soon as you meet the residency requirements.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Always check groupon, they always have a class for around $60.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top