Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/18/2015 5:01:48 PM EDT
ETA: I'm trying to find a class near Boone in the next month or so, before October. I did some googling and most places I could find didn't offer a class until later.

I'll be turning 21 soon and I wanted to know if I can take the class before so I can apply for my CCW on my birthday.
Link Posted: 8/18/2015 8:26:58 PM EDT
[#1]
Yes you can take the class prior to your 21st birthday, and then on your birthday go ahead with the process at your sheriff's office.
Should be able to find a class easily.
Link Posted: 8/20/2015 3:36:51 PM EDT
[#2]

Check this site:    http://www.carolinafirearmstraining.com/
Link Posted: 8/25/2015 5:43:33 PM EDT
[#3]
Bump for new question.
Link Posted: 8/25/2015 8:47:48 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Bump for new question.
View Quote

Give these people a call they hold classes at Watauga Gun club.

Gary & Sandy Hoyle
(828) 963-6307
[email protected]
www.garynsam.com
Link Posted: 8/26/2015 12:48:36 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Gary & Sandy Hoyle
(828) 963-6307
[email protected]
www.garynsam.com
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Bump for new question.

Gary & Sandy Hoyle
(828) 963-6307
[email protected]
www.garynsam.com

I actually just got an email back from him today, and hopefully I will be taking his class. Thanks though.
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 7:43:40 PM EDT
[#6]
"Sportman's Lodge" in Yadkinville (1 hr from Boone) has regular CC classes for $100. You're in and out in an afternoon. It's a small shop with a small indoor range but they are good guys.

http://www.gftc.com/
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 10:21:38 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
"Sportman's Lodge" in Yadkinville (1 hr from Boone) has regular CC classes for $100. You're in and out in an afternoon. It's a small shop with a small indoor range but they are good guys.

View Quote

ANY class that has you "in and out in an afternoon" does not meet the state minimum requirements By statute, it is required to be at least 8 hours class plus range qualification.
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 12:10:57 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

ANY class that has you "in and out in an afternoon" does not meet the state minimum requirements By statute, it is required to be at least 8 hours class plus range qualification.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I was nonchalant in my reply and didn't do a good job of describing the experience. The class I took started around 8am and went close to 6pm. It consisted of class time accompanied by a written exam followed by range time. I don't want people getting the wrong idea about that place.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top