Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/8/2015 11:42:06 PM EDT
Hey gents-

I'm kinda-sorta looking at a jeep in the Oak Island area.  I made an offer on it today, contingent upon them meeting me halfway from where I was to do the deal.  I was driving south on 95 to get to Florida tonight (work issues) and couldn't divert the whole way into that area.

Well they flatly rejected the offer, with no explanation.  So I don't know if it was the price I offered, the having to meet me half way, etc.

What I can say is that I'm still very interested in the jeep, but I don't have anyone in the area capable of having a good look at it.  There aren't any chops locally that advertise that they do pre purchase inspections, etc.  it seems like a really small town.

So I'm wondering if any of you guys might be jeep people and close enough to go have a look at it for me.  I'm not sure I'm going to be able to reason with these people and continue trying to work out a deal, but I figure I should at least attempt to plan like I might.  

The reason I didn't offer their asking price was because it's as sight-unseen.  I'll need an opinion on rust, a bit of mechanical stuff, a piece of diamond plate unr the windshield, and maybe a quick test to make sure the 4wd is working.  That would probably satisfy me.  I'll compensate you for your time and gas.

Can anyone help?
Link Posted: 7/9/2015 9:48:04 AM EDT
[#1]

If I go down this weekend I might be able to check it out for you.  where is it down there.
Link Posted: 7/9/2015 9:49:31 AM EDT
[#2]
It's a private seller.  I don't know the exact address yet, but I know it's in Oak Island.
Link Posted: 7/9/2015 9:10:58 PM EDT
[#3]
If this thread was two weeks older I would have done it for free, but AO has recently changed ...drastically.
Link Posted: 7/9/2015 10:17:39 PM EDT
[#4]
I appreciate the offers, gentlemen, and the willingness to help.  It's irrelevant now, however.  I offered full price for the jeep today and she turned around and sold it to someone else.

Irritating doesn't begin to describe it.
Link Posted: 7/10/2015 11:29:46 PM EDT
[#5]
What was it ? I know where a few different jeeps are in my area of NC if your still looking for one?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top