Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/26/2015 4:16:53 AM EDT
I am unclear, as I have found many different answers during my online search, my question is, is it legal with a permit to carry into a place that charges admission? And if I am not drinking, and not in the bar area of a restaurant, can I carry concealed? I am traveling to Pine Knoll Shores for a 5 day stay.

Thanks for your help.
Link Posted: 6/26/2015 9:26:06 AM EDT
[#1]
Permittees are specifically allowed to carry a concealed handgun in the following areas:

1. Premises where alcoholic beverages are sold and consumed unless the
premises is posted to prohibit the possession or carrying of firearms. Of
course, the permittee may not consume any alcohol while carrying in this
area. N.C. Gen. Stat. § 14-269.3;

2. Premises where a fee is charged for admission unless the premises is
posted to prohibit the possession or carrying of firearms. N.C. Gen. Stat. §
14-269.3;

So, yes, you can carry in both of those locations unless posted against. Even in the bar area.

Link Posted: 6/26/2015 5:25:51 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 6/27/2015 10:15:42 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The reason you're seeing conflicting info is the law changed 10/1/13 for both of those items. You're probably running across old and current info.
View Quote

Thank you both for the help in clarifying the matter.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top