Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/18/2015 12:08:48 PM EDT
I'm headed down from the commie north to visit my buddy in the Ft. Bragg area for a few days due to him getting engaged. Any cool firearms related places nearby I should visit? Anything from gear, guns, manufacturers, ect.
Link Posted: 6/18/2015 12:55:25 PM EDT
[#1]
There are several places you would likely be interested in.

1. Jims Pawn and Gun, Yadkin Road. It is one of the largest "stocking" dealer's of military style weaponry around. They also have an indoor range. They have some very cool high end rifles such as "Accuracy International" brand stuff .

2. Shooters Supply, Bragg Blvd, you can occasionally find some very good deals on items traded in or sold on consignment. I got a very good deal on a Leupold Long Range Tactical scope there many years ago, sold on consignment.

3. Old Sarges Surplus, Spring Lake, NC, which is contiguous to Ft Bragg. Lots of current or recent issue surplus stuff here.

4. General Jackson's, this is a good tactical gear store, right on Yadkin Rd, Fayetteville.

5. Just drive down Yadkin Rd, there are lots of surplus and tactical gear stores. It basically runs from the vicinity of the Cross Creek Mall to the Yadkin Road gate at Ft Bragg.

Link Posted: 6/18/2015 1:11:42 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
There are several places you would likely be interested in.

1. Jims Pawn and Gun, Yadkin Road. It is one of the largest "stocking" dealer's of military style weaponry around. They also have an indoor range. They have some very cool high end rifles such as "Accuracy International" brand stuff .

2. Shooters Supply, Bragg Blvd, you can occasionally find some very good deals on items traded in or sold on consignment. I got a very good deal on a Leupold Long Range Tactical scope there many years ago, sold on consignment.

3. Old Sarges Surplus, Spring Lake, NC, which is contiguous to Ft Bragg. Lots of current or recent issue surplus stuff here.

4. General Jackson's, this is a good tactical gear store, right on Yadkin Rd, Fayetteville.

5. Just drive down Yadkin Rd, there are lots of surplus and tactical gear stores. It basically runs from the vicinity of the Cross Creek Mall to the Yadkin Road gate at Ft Bragg.

View Quote

pretty much hit he nail on the head, also for strictly gear related check out 21st tactical off yadkin as well.
Link Posted: 6/18/2015 1:31:50 PM EDT
[#3]
In addition to the previously mentioned, there is Ed's in Vass on the HWY 1.  There are a few hole-in-the-wall places as well.  I like Jery's on Bragg and Rhudy's on Murchison.  You go into Rhudy's and you think it's either a pawn shop or jewelry store, but there is a 'gun room'.
Link Posted: 6/18/2015 10:37:37 PM EDT
[#4]
Just don't go to Gun's Plus.
Link Posted: 6/19/2015 2:56:16 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Just don't go to Gun's Plus.
View Quote

Guns Plus 20% over retail?  Combat Pawn?  Yeah, but they have some different stuff.
Link Posted: 6/19/2015 12:08:10 PM EDT
[#6]
Thanks so much guys! Ran it by my bud he knew a bunch of them. Should be a good weekend besides my car getting backed into in front of his house . Hope to tour the base tomorrow.
Link Posted: 6/21/2015 11:12:19 AM EDT
[#7]
Hey guys question- found a long gun I want at shooters supply, but said I can't buy if from out of state and would have to ship to my state FFL. Thought that was only handguns?
Link Posted: 6/21/2015 1:26:38 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Hey guys question- found a long gun I want at shooters supply, but said I can't buy if from out of state and would have to ship to my state FFL. Thought that was only handguns?
View Quote

My understanding is that you can buy long guns between contiguous states. I know that its sort of at dealer discretion as well. When I was stationed in Virginia, I was TDY at Ft Bragg a lot and coveted a lot of the stock at Jim's Pawn. They were firm against sales even to a Virginia resident. Then on the other hand, I retired and moved just over the line to North Carolina and have bought many long guns in Virginia gun stores without any problem.

Others will likely come along here with a more informed opinion. My comments are based just on my personal experiences.
Link Posted: 6/21/2015 1:57:45 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
My understanding is that you can buy long guns between contiguous states. I know that its sort of at dealer discretion as well. When I was stationed in Virginia, I was TDY at Ft Bragg a lot and coveted a lot of the stock at Jim's Pawn. They were firm against sales even to a Virginia resident. Then on the other hand, I retired and moved just over the line to North Carolina and have bought many long guns in Virginia gun stores without any problem.

Others will likely come along here with a more informed opinion. My comments are based just on my personal experiences.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Dealer discretion is a big part. I've been there (student residency laws and handguns, ATF has a special ruling on it) and I don't like having to explain. They do it for a living and I don't like to makes waves and annoy people. Shipping is just expensive.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top