Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/14/2015 6:30:28 PM EDT
I need to get a lower receiver engraved. Are there any good engraving companies in the triangle, preferably with experience doing firearms?
Link Posted: 6/15/2015 3:41:08 PM EDT
[#1]
Mort's Trophy -- but I would probably suggest sending it off somewhere to make sure it is finished nicely.
Link Posted: 6/15/2015 3:53:37 PM EDT
[#2]
Dont know anyone in Raleigh, but if you decide to send it off send it to Tarheel State Firearms. Had them do two suppressor tubes and an SBR lower, and they did an excellent job.
Link Posted: 6/15/2015 7:36:24 PM EDT
[#3]

Mort's did two of mine. I don't think it would have been that much nicer if I had sent it off but certainly more money and waiting.

http://www.ar15.com/mobile/topic.html?b=8&f=34&t=576966

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 6/15/2015 9:25:55 PM EDT
[#4]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Dont know anyone in Raleigh, but if you decide to send it off send it to Tarheel State Firearms. Had them do two suppressor tubes and an SBR lower, and they did an excellent job.
View Quote
Can they engrave it immediately when you come in? I've seen their work and it looked great; I would be willing to drive up to Charlotte early in the morning if that's possible.

Link Posted: 6/15/2015 9:52:24 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Can they engrave it immediately when you come in? I've seen their work and it looked great; I would be willing to drive up to Charlotte early in the morning if that's possible.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Yes, I emailed them on a Friday, they responded in like 10 minutes, set me up with an appointment for Saturday morning the next day, had all three taken care of in an hour. Then took a second hour looking at all the toys

Link Posted: 6/22/2015 12:33:01 AM EDT
[#6]
I have used Tarheel Firearms for several items, they do an INCREDIBLE job. Now having once had a trophy shop do it, please just hire professionals. The laser engraving machine they use is very good and the quality is perfect.
Link Posted: 6/28/2015 1:59:54 AM EDT
[#7]
so go or no-go on mort's trophies?

Id like to see an example if anyone cares to post up a pic of their work.
Link Posted: 7/10/2015 9:06:21 PM EDT
[#8]
Had 2 lowers engraved by THSF today and was very impressed,  not even mentioning the help I received on some NFA issues.
Link Posted: 7/10/2015 11:17:44 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 7/11/2015 9:17:25 AM EDT
[#10]
Cool. I've seen pics of their work in the SBR forum. I think it's worth a drive to Charlotte.
Link Posted: 7/11/2015 10:02:37 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Cool. I've seen pics of their work in the SBR forum. I think it's worth a drive to Charlotte.
View Quote
Definitely is. If you give some warning ahead of time when you're coming over you could probably get a small charlotte arfcom group together too at a range or lunch or something to make the drive more worthwhile.

Link Posted: 7/11/2015 3:18:33 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 7/11/2015 4:37:05 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Be a lot cheaper to ship it both ways. Unless you're driving something electric.
View Quote
Not really. Gas should be around $35 if I'm not a lead foot. That gives me peace of mind after having USPS almost lose one of my lowers recently.

Link Posted: 7/11/2015 7:15:17 PM EDT
[#14]
I had issues with a form 1 and they got it straightened out for me real quick.  I have a better view of what to steps to take from now on.  THANKS TO THSF
Link Posted: 7/13/2015 6:05:20 PM EDT
[#15]
Update:

I used Tarheel State Firearms for a couple of other receivers I had approved Form 1s for. They did an absolutely fantastic job, you will not find better. No more trophy stores for me.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top