Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/10/2015 4:16:45 PM EDT
Does anyone know a guy named Dan Jones (Global Machinery) which is said to be located at 658 Griffith Rd Suite 116, Charlotte, NC 28217?    www.globalmachineryco.com
He is a used woodworking equipment broker and appears to do a high volume of internet sales.
My nephew purchased several pieces of commercial woodworking equipment from him and had the money wired to his Bank of America account. Partial loan from said uncle.
Since the funds transfer-no contact.

He wont answer, text, email-nothing.

Anyone know him before the police are brought in?

Any help would be appreciated
PM me if you have any info.

Thanks in advance.
DougS
Link Posted: 6/10/2015 4:46:58 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 6/10/2015 5:00:18 PM EDT
[#2]
I will let you know if we have any luck.
We spoke with the bank today and they are going to look into it on their end as it was a bank wire transfer.
Link Posted: 6/10/2015 5:42:57 PM EDT
[#3]
The company gets an "F" rating from the Better Business Bureau due to 13 complaints in the last three years, 10 of which were closed in the last 12 months.

Link: BBB Southern Piedmont - Global Machinery
Link Posted: 6/10/2015 6:16:53 PM EDT
[#4]
Yes-he started digging after he sent the money and found this.
Not a good sign but it appeared most of the were closed equitably.
Let's hope for the best.
My nephew " bought" 20k in tools.
Young man can't handle that type of loss.
Link Posted: 6/11/2015 11:02:20 AM EDT
[#5]
That's about 8 minutes from my office.  I can drive by there and see if there's really a store front there.
Link Posted: 6/11/2015 1:46:54 PM EDT
[#6]
I would appreciate that.
I hate to see bad things happen to good people.

Thanks again,

DougS
Link Posted: 6/11/2015 2:20:03 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I would appreciate that.
I hate to see bad things happen to good people.

Thanks again,

DougS
View Quote

Well, they do exist. There's a sign by door telling you to ring the bell. Also, I circled one of those "we missed you" slips from the post office in blue, so I don't think the office is manned all day during business hours.

Ironically, in suite 102 on the side of the building to the left, there's a satellite police office in the same building.

I can't tell how large the suite is, and the blinds were closed. not sure if he keeps his inventory there or if it's just a sales office.

ETA

I just realized that I cropped it too close before uploading. Here's the full shoot zoomed out. I think he may have the space to house the equipment there off to the left.

Link Posted: 6/11/2015 8:36:43 PM EDT
[#8]
That's awesome.
We checked the bank today and they said it is a legit business which turns allot of cash.
We had his bank try to make contact with him to let him know we want a shipping notice or a full refund in 7 days.
Next step is contact that police station and see if they will pay a visit.
Link Posted: 6/26/2015 3:12:35 PM EDT
[#9]
Well, it looks like Mr. Dan Jones is a FRAUD and a THIEF.
He told the Better Business Bureau that he is closing his business and his attorney will be contacting all parties.
This information must have been known by him prior to accepting our $15,560.00 for an item only 30 days ago.

Since this little exercise started, I have located three others who he has stiffed.
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 12:28:02 PM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Well, it looks like Mr. Dan Jones is a FRAUD and a THIEF.
He told the Better Business Bureau that he is closing his business and his attorney will be contacting all parties.
This information must have been known by him prior to accepting our $15,560.00 for an item only 30 days ago.

Since this little exercise started, I have located three others who he has stiffed.
View Quote

I'm sorry to hear that.
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 1:40:30 PM EDT
[#11]
You should contact Bill McGinty at NBC Charlotte.  He is pretty good at getting money back for people.  At the minimum he will make that guy look like a moron on TV.

http://www.wcnc.com/story/news/investigations/2015/02/04/consumer-investigation-request-form/21688267/
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 8:25:02 PM EDT
[#12]
Awesome idea.
Calling him now.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top