Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/5/2015 12:29:47 PM EDT
I mentioned to a bunch of my fellow students that we should organize a range trip. A lot of people (6 or 7) are very interested, which is a bigger group than I was anticipating. I was thinking of the Wake County range, but the safety class is usually on weird days or times and for most you can't go shooting immediately afterwards. Several in the group do not have cars, which makes that a bit of a pain.

At the same time, I'd like to go somewhere where there is some kind of safety briefing. Since there will be so many, I'd also like to go somewhere that doesn't charge by the hour. Range 37 and ENC seem to be good candidates. ENC is cheaper, but farther away. Range 37 seems to rent shooting bays for a reasonable price according to their site. I haven't shot at the public range at ENC but go there frequently for ZSA matches.

I'm curious if anyone has ever taken a fairly large group shooting before, and where you went.
Link Posted: 5/6/2015 5:42:14 PM EDT
[#1]
Not too far out from Raleigh:
http://drakelanding.net/
Link Posted: 5/7/2015 1:13:07 PM EDT
[#2]
drakes used to be good, but i believe the rifle range is still closed. i keep hearing great things about The range complex. not sure if its too far for ya though.
Link Posted: 5/8/2015 11:32:42 AM EDT
[#3]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

drakes used to be good, but i believe the rifle range is still closed. i keep hearing great things about The range complex. not sure if its too far for ya though.
View Quote
I haven't heard of that place. I just looked it up and it looks pretty impressive. Do you know if they hold competitions there?

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top