Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/28/2015 10:52:15 PM EDT
I leave this dreaded state for NC in 3 days.  I've had my NC CCW since 1995 and it is current.  Question:  I know you can have 0.0 BAC while carrying concealed.  How about open carry?  If I have a beer or two and walk my dogs open carry am I good?
Link Posted: 4/28/2015 11:09:20 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I leave this dreaded state for NC in 3 days.  I've had my NC CCW since 1995 and it is current.  Question:  I know you can have 0.0 BAC while carrying concealed.  How about open carry?  If I have a beer or two and walk my dogs open carry am I good?
View Quote

stupid question.

NO. there are no circumstances where anything even remotely like that is ok.  

Link Posted: 4/28/2015 11:24:01 PM EDT
[#2]
There are no statutes that prohibit a blood alcohol content while openly carrying a firearm.

The only restriction on BAC is when carrying concealed.

Just remember that even if it's legal you could still end up in a "discussion" with LE if you get stopped. Legal doesn't mean hassle proof.

Since you didn't ask if it was smart to do so we'll leave that for another day.

Welcome back.
Link Posted: 4/28/2015 11:41:38 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

stupid question.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

stupid question.

Link Posted: 4/29/2015 12:19:33 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

stupid question.

My home is surrounded by National Forest.  Was not saying I want to carry drunk.  Just wondering about open carry.
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 9:16:15 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

My home is surrounded by National Forest.  Was not saying I want to carry drunk.  Just wondering about open carry.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

stupid question.

still a stupid question. Everyone knows or should know the answer. If you don't well, I really find that hard to believe.
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 10:36:26 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

stupid question.

Shouldn't be a big deal.  Its in cities where the cops seem to have a problem.
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 3:38:29 PM EDT
[#7]

Welcome back
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 9:58:24 PM EDT
[#8]
Not a stupid question, OP wanted to know if he should wait until after he takes the dog for a walk to have a beer, or if he had a beer  would he be breaking the law. There is nothing wrong with knowing the law. Having one beer does not make you drunk, but it does disqualify you from carrying concealed. OP wanted to know the legality of open carrying and your BAC, that does not mean he intended to carry while drunk.
Link Posted: 4/30/2015 10:22:25 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote

Croatan NF?
Link Posted: 5/1/2015 12:28:36 AM EDT
[#10]
Welcome home Marine.
Thank you for service.
Link Posted: 5/1/2015 3:54:48 PM EDT
[#11]
Welcome home brother.....no such thing as a stupid question...
Link Posted: 5/2/2015 10:34:34 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Welcome home brother.....no such thing as a stupid question...
View Quote

especially when it is about the law.
Link Posted: 5/2/2015 7:50:36 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 5/4/2015 12:03:13 PM EDT
[#14]
I find the law confusing too.

It shall be unlawful for a person, with or without a permit, to carry a concealed handgun while consuming alcohol or at any time while the person has remaining in the person's body any alcohol or in the person's blood a controlled substance previously consumed, but a person does not violate this condition if a controlled substance in the person's blood was lawfully obtained and taken in therapeutically appropriate amounts or if the person is on the person's own property.

What is the legal definition of therapeutic?
Link Posted: 5/4/2015 12:14:47 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I find the law confusing too.

It shall be unlawful for a person, with or without a permit, to carry a concealed handgun while consuming alcohol or at any time while the person has remaining in the person's body any alcohol or in the person's blood a controlled substance previously consumed, but a person does not violate this condition if a controlled substance in the person's blood was lawfully obtained and taken in therapeutically appropriate amounts or if the person is on the person's own property.

What is the legal definition of therapeutic?
View Quote

Simple, if you have a drug prescription issued to you and have taken it per the dosage and warning instructions on the label then you're good to go.
Link Posted: 5/5/2015 10:15:23 AM EDT
[#16]
Welcome home!  Thank you for your service
Link Posted: 5/7/2015 3:43:44 PM EDT
[#17]
Finally made it home.  Damn glad to be back!

The wife and I walked down to the water last night.  It was beautiful!  Left my gun at home because I had 2 beers.
Link Posted: 5/7/2015 3:52:09 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Croatan NF?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Croatan NF?

Yup
Link Posted: 5/7/2015 7:54:01 PM EDT
[#19]
Welcome home Devil Dog.
Link Posted: 5/10/2015 2:36:20 PM EDT
[#20]
The legal definition of therapeutic use concerning alcohol in todays world,  is what a republican does after work with democrat led nation.  Welcome back to NC.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top