Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/23/2015 6:23:49 PM EDT
Just watch a report on WRAL Ch 5 where a CHP instructor - Larry Wegman (an instructor here) - had contacted WRAL about the shocking situation where NC had reciprocity with states like VA that have online certification.

OMG.  The horror.  Some states require nothing.  OMG.  The horror.

This 'person' apparently wants to end reciprocity unless states have training requirements equal to NC.

Way to protect your rice bowl Larry.

I think FTA needs to here hear from us.

Link Posted: 4/23/2015 6:46:01 PM EDT
[#1]
Their Facebook.  They're proud of it.
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 7:39:14 PM EDT
[#2]
If you can stomach reading the web page blog, they seem to have a real hang up with all non NC training for any permit anywhere.

Seems to be a bunch of ex-LEO and others that think only they and their students are "highly trained".

Not sure I agree with all of their statements. Will avoid sending anyone their way for "training".
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 8:24:42 PM EDT
[#3]
What a bunch off idiots... ZUMBO time until these guys are shutdown.  Spread the word.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 3:43:06 PM EDT
[#4]
Idiots
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 9:13:21 PM EDT
[#5]
Here's a gem from the FTA web site:
Because the North Carolina legislature made a mistake when it passed a law that recognized ALL concealed carry permits from all 50 states, it included these non-resident permits. What this means is that a North Carolina resident can get a non-resident, concealed carry permit from say Oregon, Utah or Virginia and can then legally carry a concealed handgun in North Carolina.
View Quote

Uh, so?  The 2nd Amendment is my CCP... but I have a CCP from North Carolina so I can buy guns here without the permit, the wait, and the NICS call.  Somebody with an out-of-state license SHOULD be able to carry in NC.  Why are these freedom-hating people teaching others how to hate gun owners?
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 9:48:02 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Because the North Carolina legislature made a mistake when it passed a law that recognized ALL concealed carry permits from all 50 states, it included these non-resident permits. What this means is that a North Carolina resident can get a non-resident, concealed carry permit from say Oregon, Utah or Virginia and can then legally carry a concealed handgun in North Carolina.

seems to me they are forgetting the fact that your CCH permit must match your drivers license here in NC. So, how are these people getting out of state permits with addresses that match your NC address?
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 9:54:26 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

seems to me they are forgetting the fact that your CCH permit must match your drivers license here in NC. So, how are these people getting out of state permits with addresses that match your NC address?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Because an "Out Of State" or what would be a "Non Resident" permit WILL have their NC address on it. Hence the "Non Resident" identifier from the state that issues it.
Link Posted: 4/28/2015 4:01:23 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

they aren't. many get them to cover states that NC does not have reciprocity with.  Those few that we don't. most of the time its less states than NC, so you gain nothing/ NC CCW trainging is not stupidly rigorous that makes any difference. It essentially nothing.

Its a non issue really, but they want free advertising and to ruin their business I guess.

Personalty I found their price to high and their attitude too haughty for my tastes.So I  got my permit training elsewhere and spent more money and time getting further training eleswhere.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top