Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/25/2015 7:40:41 AM EDT
looking for info of a public range around manteo. what county is manteo in? also any suggested good resturants in the area. any kayaking clubs in the area. thank you for your info and time.
Link Posted: 3/25/2015 1:49:45 PM EDT
[#1]

Cant help you with much of what you ask for but the county is Dare.  There are plenty of good resturants out there particularly around Nags Head
Link Posted: 3/25/2015 4:54:56 PM EDT
[#2]
Manteo is in Dare county
Link Posted: 3/26/2015 6:47:01 AM EDT
[#3]
There is a Range near Manteo... http://www.obxgc.org/  Never been there but its there.. you can contact them.

As far as Kayak clubs.. IDK.. but I am sure there are many places you can rent one if needed.  Also if you have your own one there are lots of places to go.. I love paddling around the marshlands.  

Restaurants..  well there are lots there and most are over priced.  I have always heard good things about Millers...  but never been there myself.  When we go there we usually eat in because its too expensive to eat out.  Though we do go to Stack'em High over in KDH for breakfast... get there early though.. the line and wait can be long....

Over in Manteo there are some good places in the downtown area...  if you want some good stick to your ribs kinda food check out Country Kitchen... when i was doing construction work on the Island we would go there for lunch.... was good then.. but its been a while...

WP

Link Posted: 3/26/2015 4:06:01 PM EDT
[#4]
Tale of the Whale....right across the bridge from Manteo.  
Sam and Omie's by Jeanette's Pier in Nags Head.
JK's in Kill Devil Hills.
Tortugas Lie in Nags Head.
Owens in Nags Head.
Fat Boys in Nags Head.
They are among my favorite places to eat but there are many more.

Can't help you on the range or kayak club though.  I am sure they are there.

Link Posted: 3/26/2015 4:30:15 PM EDT
[#5]
If I ever get back to that area again I'm either bringing or renting a kayak and going in the Alligator River Wildlife Refuge. We drove through there up to the creek and it looked like it would be a really nice kayak trip.

Also, if you're up for a nice afternoon hike the Nags Head Woods Preserve was a nice hike, good trails with some swamp. Saw some neat wildlife.

Tortuga's Lie and Kill Devil Grill are the two restaurants I remember, they were pretty good.

Link Posted: 3/27/2015 8:22:53 AM EDT
[#6]
thanks for the info. found a range. writeing down the rest.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top