Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/16/2015 2:06:11 PM EDT
Link Posted: 3/16/2015 3:23:26 PM EDT
[#1]
Not sure if I can make it out.  The crux of the debate should center around WHY would they ban exploding targets?  I have several guns that are as loud as the exploding targets.  I have not heard any outcry from anybody saying that they are dangerous.  Heck, you have to shoot them with a gun for them to explode.  Otherwise, gasoline is more dangerous.  Does GRNC have a representative going out?
Link Posted: 3/16/2015 10:40:59 PM EDT
[#2]
View Quote

I went and I was the only one speaking out against it.  People were complaining about the noise.  Hello?  Fort Bragg?  They kept talking about bombs and massive explosions, but those violate both the fireworks law and the noise ordinance.  I tried to get them to consider it under those laws, but they wanted an outright ban and the vote was 4-to-1 for it.  We lost.

On a separate note, they also passed a rule saying that you had to have a 10,000 sq foot lot and a backstop to shoot firearms on your land . That passed to.  That's 1/4 acre.
Link Posted: 3/17/2015 5:10:23 PM EDT
[#3]

Was Joe Miller the 1 vote?
Link Posted: 3/17/2015 5:51:15 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Was Joe Miller the 1 vote?
View Quote

I was talking with the Sheriff, so I am not sure, but I would certainly suspect he was.  WRAL interviewed me, but they didn't air my interview... guess dissenting opinions are unwelcome.  They interviewed a crazy cat lady instead.  This woman actually called me Chicken because I didn't get up before her then went on to say how her dog was afraid of the booms.  There was a tone of "Don't make this about guns" in what the six other people who spoke said, but, uh, yeah, they were making it about guns.  I'll post the link with the minutes if they put it up, but they show up here:

http://www.harnett.org/boc/
Link Posted: 3/17/2015 8:50:15 PM EDT
[#5]
Sounds like some asshats need voting out.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top