Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/9/2015 9:17:00 AM EDT
I'll be in Asheville and the surrounding area for a few days next week, what are some good places to eat and see? Already have some hikes planned around Mt. Mitchell and Grandfather Mtn.
Link Posted: 3/9/2015 6:19:35 PM EDT
[#1]
not trying to be a jerk, but we answer this question about ever other week, just a quick search for "Asheville" should bring up lots of results, search archives too
Link Posted: 3/9/2015 6:23:45 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
not trying to be a jerk, but we answer this question about ever other week, just a quick search for "Asheville" should bring up lots of results, search archives too
View Quote

Searched recent stuff and didn't see it, I know I had started a thread here about hiking routes, but not specifically things to do in town.
Link Posted: 3/9/2015 6:54:28 PM EDT
[#3]
Going to one of the craft markets and running over hippies is always good for a couple hours of fun.
Or if you're a local then going to The Biltmore and running over tourists can also be entertaining.
Link Posted: 3/10/2015 2:31:46 AM EDT
[#4]
www.mountainx.com

Mountain Express should help fill you in on some stuff. Beware the opinion section. The liberal butthurt is overwhelming.

I 2nd the "running over hippies" part. Asheville is infested with liberals, hipsters, and other butthurt types.
Link Posted: 3/10/2015 9:05:15 AM EDT
[#5]
WICKED WEED and THIRSTY MONK for the WIN
Link Posted: 3/10/2015 11:45:45 AM EDT
[#6]

lots of Craft Breweries so find one and start drinking.
Link Posted: 3/10/2015 12:22:31 PM EDT
[#7]
Looks like before my backpacking trip I'll be running over hippies, eating at 12 Bones and drinks craft beer.
Link Posted: 3/11/2015 9:55:17 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Going to one of the craft markets and running over hippies is always good for a couple hours of fun.
Or if you're a local then going to The Biltmore and running over tourists can also be entertaining.
View Quote

Lol
Link Posted: 3/11/2015 9:59:45 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote

thanks I really needed a good laugh.
Link Posted: 3/12/2015 9:50:45 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
WICKED WEED and THIRSTY MONK for the WIN
View Quote

Just got home from there. Good stuff.
Link Posted: 3/20/2015 11:03:35 AM EDT
[#11]
I had a great time in Asheville and the surrounding areas. Wicked Weed and their Funkatorium were amazing. I had lunch at 12 bones multiple times, great burgers at Farm Burger too. The city would be a whole lot nice if there was a purge of hippies and hipsters, had to fight the urge to hit them with my truck.
Link Posted: 3/20/2015 4:55:54 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I had a great time in Asheville and the surrounding areas. Wicked Weed and their Funkatorium were amazing. I had lunch at 12 bones multiple times, great burgers at Farm Burger too. The city would be a whole lot nice if there was a purge of hippies and hipsters, had to fight the urge to hit them with my truck.
View Quote

sadly if all the hipster types left suddenly the food and beer wouldn't be so great.
Link Posted: 3/21/2015 8:57:56 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
, had to fight the urge to hit them with my truck.
View Quote

But it's hours of fun.
Link Posted: 3/23/2015 8:59:33 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

sadly if all the hipster types left suddenly the food and beer wouldn't be so great.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

this is true, it would be back to pork BBQ and Coors lite
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 1:04:38 PM EDT
[#15]
Wicked weed
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top