Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/26/2015 10:49:27 AM EDT
Disclaimer - I am horrible at taking photographs.  The pictures included to not fairly represent the quality of work.

For those that haven't heard, Tar Heel State is now doing engraving.  They are located in Matthews and can, with with an appointment, do it while you wait.

I've used Ident and CS223 and the work is certainly on their level and 1,000 times faster than Ident.

They can engrave almost anywhere, trigger guard (if non-removable), bottom of trigger area, etc...

They received mine on a Friday and it was back in the mail on Monday.

Here's a link to the website http://tarheelstatefirearms.com/store/index.php?route=product/product&path=57_111&product_id=232

The first picture is a MPA30 on the side of the receiver and the second a mini Uzi on the bottom.

Second Disclaimer - I am not affiliated with Tar Heel State Firearms or any of its subsidiaries nor any relation to any employee there (although I have spend more than one paycheck with them).
Link Posted: 2/26/2015 12:28:22 PM EDT
[#1]
If you live in HB there is a guy in Leland that will engrave for around $25.  Its laser engraving.  He's done a couple for me.
Link Posted: 3/1/2015 4:52:24 PM EDT
[#2]
Another +1 for Tarheel State Firearms. I had 3 AR15 lowers engraved, including a Noveske billet this Saturday while I waited. All came out perfect and exceeded my expectations. I opted to go for inside the trigger guard and the engraving is very clean and professional and looks better than any factory engraving you usually see on most lowers. At $30 each I don't even know of any better options. They also ran some alumi-black over the engraving and it matches perfectly. Even better, it probably took less than 30 minutes so I was able to get back to the Concord Mills mall and pick my wife up before she spent all my money :)
Link Posted: 5/5/2015 12:12:11 AM EDT
[#3]
Those look great! How big is the text on yours?  I had them do 5 for me and I couldn't be happier.  I don't know why it took me so long to find them!  Scott engraved a polymer lower for me, at least 5 others turned me down.  It looks like it came from the factory!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top