Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/17/2015 9:33:15 AM EDT
Just wanted to throw this out there.  I had a lot of trouble finding an engraver in NC.  I tried a couple of places in NC to no avail   I won't mention names as I don't want to slam anybody's business. I finally shipped my lowers off to Ident. They did a phenomenal job.  Jason is a really cool guy.   Since then I found a place in Matthews NC.  It looks like they just upgraded their gear.  I've seen several examples and it looks great!  Nice and deep.  The company is Tarheel State Firearms.  They do class 3 stuff so NFA is no big deal. No need to ship as you can just drive it there. Their number is 704-942-8671.  Their website is http://www.tarheelstatefirearms.com/
Link Posted: 2/17/2015 10:05:30 AM EDT
[#1]
Pics...
http://tarheelstatefirearms.com/store/image/cache/data/mm-500x500.jpg
http://tarheelstatefirearms.com/store/image/cache/data/ps90-500x500.jpg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qAf6vrNym6A
Link Posted: 2/17/2015 11:53:28 AM EDT
[#2]
Scott is going to do five pieces for me sometime in the next couple weeks. I'll post up some pics when done.
Link Posted: 2/17/2015 8:08:43 PM EDT
[#3]
I'm not sure about your location but b&b arms just engraved a sbr lower for me. They are just south of greensboro. When I picked mine up I asked if  they could engrave a silencer tube for a form 1 that I submitted and they said they can do those as well.
Link Posted: 3/9/2015 2:17:10 PM EDT
[#4]
I had two AK receivers engraved by Tarheel State Firearms. Very friendly people and their laser is state of the art. Super discrete engraving, in a place I never would have thought was possible. I've also seen where they've inside the trigger guard on AR15 receivers and it looks excellent as well. I would not even consider going anywhere else.

Link Posted: 3/10/2015 9:31:19 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 3/12/2015 5:07:39 PM EDT
[#6]
I had a SBR receiver engraved at http://www.mortstrophies.com/ (Raleigh, NC). Though, they don't clean it up or anodize -- I think next time I am going to take several and plan a day trip somewhere else to have them engraved.
Link Posted: 3/12/2015 6:18:47 PM EDT
[#7]
"ACES" Atlantic Custom Engraving Solutions in Swansboro, NC is top notch. They only charge $25 dollars per item. Mark did my lower and a suppressor tube for me. It's a family run business out of a converted house garage.  They do quick work as well...

to add picture:
Link Posted: 3/13/2015 3:51:31 PM EDT
[#8]
Rather than repost them all, I put some pics up here of the work I had done by Tar Heel State Firearms.
Link Posted: 3/15/2015 8:12:52 PM EDT
[#9]
Went by and had some stuff engraved to see what its like. It far exceeded my expectations. I truly was amazed at how good they really look in person. They took the time to make sure everything was perfect and redarkened afterwards.

Tarheel State Firearms is awesome to work with and will certainly continue to get my business.

Link Posted: 4/3/2015 10:44:39 AM EDT
[#10]
Gunny's Plaques and Awards in Sneads Ferry does an excellent job. Dave is good people and does great work.
Link Posted: 4/3/2015 1:05:43 PM EDT
[#11]
Its been a few years, but I had whitemans engraving in Havelock do two for me. Cost was $15 per and took about 30 mins.
I would definitely recommend checking them out if you are in the area.
Link Posted: 5/4/2015 10:21:06 PM EDT
[#12]
Tar heel state firearms is as good as everyone is saying.  I sent them 5 receivers.  Shipped it to them on Monday and had them back on Friday.  I couldn't be any happier with the finished product.  3 lines in the trigger area at 1.6mm.  I took advantage of their flat rate shipping return.  A+ for Scott, he really knows what he is doing!
Link Posted: 5/5/2015 12:05:58 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 5/5/2015 9:52:34 PM EDT
[#14]
I am currently on the coast but when I am back in Concord I will be sure to do that!  My cousin that lives in Fort Mill, SC just bought 3 suppressors from Tar Heel.  Great prices, better than anyone else around there.  I guess their SC location is newer.  I am sure they will be very busy!
Link Posted: 5/5/2015 9:59:20 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 5/29/2015 6:04:38 PM EDT
[#16]
I just ordered an Omega from Jason at Tarheel this week. My first purchase and he took the time (on Memorial Day holiday!) to sit and explain some things to me. Great!
Link Posted: 5/30/2015 1:23:30 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 5/30/2015 2:46:55 PM EDT
[#18]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Went by and had some stuff engraved to see what its like. It far exceeded my expectations. I truly was amazed at how good they really look in person. They took the time to make sure everything was perfect and redarkened afterwards.

Tarheel State Firearms is awesome to work with and will certainly continue to get my business.

View Quote
Yeah, I went by a few weeks ago and had several items engraved too. They did awesome work, highly recommended.

Link Posted: 6/8/2015 1:36:17 PM EDT
[#19]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I had a SBR receiver engraved at http://www.mortstrophies.com/ (Raleigh, NC). Though, they don't clean it up or anodize -- I think next time I am going to take several and plan a day trip somewhere else to have them engraved.
View Quote

Impatience got the best of me today and I had two done at Mort's.  Set up an appointment with Jerry by calling on Friday.  They got done in 30 minutes while I waited.  He offered (and I accepted) aluma black to blacken the engraved lettering and it worked out fine.  I'm pleased.  $20 each.

ETA: They use a conventional engraving machine with a diamond bit.  I wanted my engraving done on the opposite side of the receiver from the original manufacturer engraving.  I don't know if they can do more discrete locations.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top