Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/15/2015 4:01:04 PM EDT
Now lets work real hard and not repeat

THIS

ok?
and all you "snow superior" Yankees, (you aren't BTW) stay off the roads ok?
Link Posted: 2/15/2015 8:30:42 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm going to be one of the first Yankee transplant that's going to be on the road.

I bought a 4x4 just for this.
Link Posted: 2/16/2015 1:51:41 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I'm going to be one of the first Yankee transplant that's going to be on the road.

View Quote

<groan>

well we'll see you in the ditch!

dat "southern ice" be a B*itch!

I just made that up

what ya know? I'm a poet and didn't know it!
Link Posted: 2/16/2015 3:12:30 PM EDT
[#3]

Guess I will throw my chains with hooks in the back of the truck to pull dumbasses out of the ditches.
Link Posted: 2/16/2015 3:35:42 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View Quote

Ha! that's just 2 more wheels under power to slide off the road with.  In 20+ years in Colorado I saw more 4x4's in the ditches than any other type of car. Ice doesn't respect Jeep, Hummer or anything in between. Let's hope it's a non event...But I just fired up my Genny set JIC.
Link Posted: 2/16/2015 3:49:43 PM EDT
[#5]

Link Posted: 2/16/2015 4:17:06 PM EDT
[#6]

Ha, when I was in UNC they wouldn't cancel classes for snow. But they would cancel the city buses. Had to walk 2 miles back to my apartment in the snow.

Link Posted: 2/16/2015 4:48:57 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Ha, when I was in UNC they wouldn't cancel classes for snow. But they would cancel the city buses. Had to walk 2 miles back to my apartment in the snow.  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

They preemptively cancel classes here. This is the second class canceled for snow this semester.

Link Posted: 2/16/2015 6:52:51 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 2/16/2015 7:05:23 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Uphill both ways?  

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Uphill both ways?  

Quoted:

Technically, yes. There was a creek valley halfway...
Link Posted: 2/16/2015 7:29:37 PM EDT
[#10]
My drive home this evening, about 5pm no big deal, normal winter weather for me.

Going under the Blue Ridge Parkway

Driving home

Couldn't get up the hill in 2 wheel drive finally had to put the truck in 4X4 here

Road I live on

Link Posted: 2/16/2015 9:56:31 PM EDT
[#11]
Took my Nissan Titan 4x4 out around Hickory earlier today.

Lets just say I love my Titan in 4x4. It has the system similar to Jeep Cherokee's where it brake the slipping wheel to transfer power to the one that has more traction. New tires helped too. I have a new set of Cooper Discoverer AT3s.  

Donuts in the large boat ramp parking area on Rhodhiss Lake was fun.
Link Posted: 2/17/2015 3:25:13 AM EDT
[#12]
Roads are not too bad in Orange, Chatham & Wake. Trees still look to be in good shape. As long as we dodge the freezing rain, we might make it.

On a side note - Who intalls a water heater outside?!?!

Link Posted: 2/17/2015 10:39:50 AM EDT
[#13]
Snow isn't a problem, ice is.

Be careful out there.
Link Posted: 2/17/2015 11:33:04 AM EDT
[#14]
I am here to report, That at least in my neighborhood (not any main road,) the road is covered in  2-3 inches of ice. I can walk on it without making foot prints. My daughter (10y.o) made the family record run of probably  a 3/4 mile continuous run non stop.  Pretty much sledded most of our residential street.

No cars moving (probably impossible ) and no car fires (yet)

Saw some guy on a four wheeler he was tearing up the sledding surface and  people told him to get lost.

Edit. Now she done the entire street one continuous slide of  about a mile. A bit of melting  from roofs etc but the road is solid sheet of ice. I think  we stuck here until a real thaw comes which in not this week! temp is going below freezing and its staying there for the rest of the week
Link Posted: 2/25/2015 4:20:35 PM EDT
[#15]
Sigh...

Sunday I had mother natures help to remove all the ice from my property. I was happp knowinh that it being Feb spring will arrive here soon. Normally I've got potatos and other veggies planted by now.

Then that little bit of snow.

Now we are going to get 4-8 inches here tonight.

Groan....

Link Posted: 2/25/2015 9:35:15 PM EDT
[#16]
And so it begins... Snow-mageddon Raleigh 2015...

Schools will reopen in March sometime...

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top