Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/20/2015 1:14:46 AM EDT
There's an old farm house on my families property that probably won't make it many more years, before its burnt or torn down I was hoping it may be possible to have the boards reclaimed and reused. Thought it would be a cool thing to do and maybe get a keepsake out of the deal. Built in the late 1800s/early 1900s. Does anyone know of anyone that does this for a living, coming in and tearing down and then reusing for other purposes?  Located in SENC.

Thanks!
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 5:06:39 PM EDT
[#1]
There is a TV show about a local company that takes down old houses and barns for the reclaimed wood.  Google "Barn reclamation NC" and see what comes up.
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 6:18:02 PM EDT
[#2]
If it has the kind of stuff they want, Black Dog Salvage out of Roanoke Va might do it. I have mess around pulling down old barns to get the wood out for my own use. You see some listed on Craiglist every now and then for sale.
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 6:21:01 PM EDT
[#3]

I remember several years ago there is some outfit around wilmington that pulls heart pine logs out of the bottom of the cape fear river and cuts tjhe trees for lumber and reuses them I would imagine they probably do houses as well
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 10:30:23 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I remember several years ago there is some outfit around wilmington that pulls heart pine logs out of the bottom of the cape fear river and cuts tjhe trees for lumber and reuses them I would imagine they probably do houses as well
View Quote

Capefear river wood I believe the name was
Link Posted: 1/24/2015 10:39:55 AM EDT
[#5]
Call Black Dog. I live up in Roanoke now but would love to see my home state of NC on there.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top