Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/17/2014 9:06:10 PM EDT
Taking kids to the area in April. Looking to hike, horseback ride, ride around, fish, etc. is this a decent area or should I look on the TN side? Don't need total tourist areas like I hear gatlinburg is but some good restaurants and reasonable accommodations would be nice. Prefer a cabin. Thanks
Link Posted: 12/18/2014 7:46:13 AM EDT
[#1]
If your kids are 10 or under, I bet they would enjoy the Polar Express Train ride.  They dress up in their pajamas and its kind of like the movie from what I understand.  Cherokee is not far and they do have some nice Native American museums along with demonstrations of Cherokee life.  Head into downtown Sylva which is about 15 minutes from Bryson.  Eat at this little place called the Coffee Shop.  You'll see a large bear statue out front.  The food is awesome and its a great little local diner.  I love that area or NC.  I went to college at Western Carolina University in Cullowhee and it has that nice small town atmosphere.  I remember the mayor of Cullowhee was also the barber and I got quite a few haircuts there.
Link Posted: 12/18/2014 3:46:40 PM EDT
[#2]

Kids will enjoy the train ride.
Link Posted: 12/18/2014 4:16:44 PM EDT
[#3]
I'm just glad you have plans to enjoy the area. It's the most visited NP in America, but 90% of the people never get out of their cars.
Link Posted: 12/18/2014 5:19:45 PM EDT
[#4]
Leaning towards watershed cabin rental near Bryson city if anyone has knowledge of them
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 4:37:30 PM EDT
[#5]
I have been there a few times on a motorcycle event. Nice little town. The
train ride is nice. Slip over to Clyde to a surplus store there. An ARFCOMer

runs it (old grouch).
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top